Kodi Community Forum
WIP TV Tunes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: WIP TV Tunes (/showthread.php?tid=347428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: TvTunes - Shredder_guitar - 2023-01-16

For Completeness I did figure out the cronjob to enable and disable the addon; however, In the process of this I noticed that i had the volume level of TV tunes set at 75. A better solution was to simply turn the volume down in the TV tunes settings to something tolerable, vol. 15 seemed to be the ambient level i was looking for, now when the tv theme song kicks in it's not blaring loud in the middle of the night while i'm up watching tv and my fiance is sleeping lol.

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-01-17

LOL...glad you got it working. Can you post the script you used?

RE: TvTunes - NeBouse - 2023-01-19

Is it Kodi 20 compatible?

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-01-20

@NeBouse
Yes, it works with v20. I still can't figure out the theme not playing for Sets problem that was introduced in v18.

RE: TvTunes - NeBouse - 2023-02-04

(2023-01-20, 14:08)latts9923 Wrote: @NeBouse
Yes, it works with v20.

Well it does not for me...
Everything worked flawlessly on kodi 19, then I've updated to kodi 20 (Shield TV) and now nothing happens.
I've tried to disable/enable the addon, uninstall/reinstall the addon, with no luck...
This is a psatebin of my kodi log (debug is enabled in TVTunes) in case you can have a look and tell me why it does not work anymore...

https://pastebin.com/STz0sSW9

That's bothering me because I love that feature.

Nevermind...I had that permission access problem. That's fixed now !!

RE: TvTunes - Tyrius - 2023-02-09

(2023-01-20, 14:08)latts9923 Wrote: I still can't figure out the theme not playing for Sets problem that was introduced in v18.
Hello latts, I've recently started having a look at the TvTunes addon to cleanup and make it work better for my personal use. Once up to speed I would also like to have a look at the movie sets.
I've noticed the 2.0.4 code changes have not appeared on github. I'm currently using your 2.0.4 code, and I'd like to ask you about some changes you have made there if you're okay with that?

RE: TvTunes - Karellen - 2023-02-10

@Tyrius

Same name, different addon. It is safe to use, as long as its the one from Latts' repo.
I use it.

RE: TvTunes - Tyrius - 2023-02-10

(2023-02-10, 02:12)Karellen Wrote: @Tyrius

Same name, different addon. It is safe to use, as long as its the one from Latts' repo.
I use it.
Thanks for clarifying! I am a little weary due to past licensing controversy. So I gather all remaining addon code is confirmed to be original (I suppose past violations related to dependencies that are no longer present?) and correctly GPL2 licensed?
I'll be working on this on-and-off and and see what I can come up with Smile

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-02-13

@Tyrius
I'd love for someone to figure out the Movie Sets problem. I have tried and tried, but I can't figure out what the problem is.

Yeah, I only updated the add-on on my repo. I need to upload the new files to Github.

Thanks for taking a look!

RE: TvTunes - Tyrius - 2023-02-17

(2023-02-13, 16:04)latts9923 Wrote: I'd love for someone to figure out the Movie Sets problem. I have tried and tried, but I can't figure out what the problem is.
Movie sets are not as straight forward as I would have hoped:
Browsing a movieset is handled the same as browsing the whole movie library (and if the setting is enabled, the themes are played when hovering a movie inside a set).
With the same setting, hovering a set should play a random theme from the contained movies: This seems broken right now, but I should be able to get working.

Now from what I read here, you would want it to play random themes while browsing the set? In that case there may be a conflict with the "play themes while browsing movie list" setting. As of yet I am unsure how to resolve this or what even the "correct" behaviour in this case would be.
Please let me know what you think.

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-02-17

@Tyrius
The last time TVTunes worked with Sets was Kodi v17. It would play a random theme from one of the Movies in the Set...and it adhered to the setting "PLAY THEMES WHEN BROWSING MOVIE LIST".

RE: TvTunes - Tyrius - 2023-02-20

@latts9923 
Thank you for this information, it helped me find what I believe is the problem. Please test the following changes:

settings.py: Replace L291-292 with
python:
#folderPathId = "videodb://movies/sets/"
return xbmc.getCondVisibility("!IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + ListItem.IsCollection")

backend.py: L356-357 change to
python:
json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC(...)
#json_query = unicode(json_query, 'utf-8', errors='ignore')
(commented lines are removed)

These are what I believe to be the minimal necessary changes to fix the moviesets.

Please let me know of other high-impact bugs people care about, my version has already diverged quite a bit, but I may be able to help out with any larger issues Smile

RE: TvTunes - AB30AB - 2023-02-20

Hi folks,
I’m loving this addon! It makes browsing the library so much more enjoyable.

I’ve noticed sometimes if you’re browsing the library a bit too quick when flicking between titles, it can sometimes break tvtunes (a notification pops up in the top right). After this has happened, tvtunes will then require a Kodi reboot to play theme tunes again. But the main issue is that it seems to mute the volume on any media, so you have to click into the audio settings of the media file and change the audio level from -60db to 0db for the first media that is played after the crash.

Do you know what could be causing this or how this can be rectified at all? I could get away with the crashing and not playing themes until a reboot, but does it have to mute the media?

RE: TvTunes - Tyrius - 2023-02-20

(2023-02-20, 21:25)AB30AB Wrote: I’ve noticed sometimes if you’re browsing the library a bit too quick when flicking between titles, it can sometimes break tvtunes (a notification pops up in the top right). 
I don't usually use "play themes in movie list", and I could not get this to happen in a quick test by flipping quickly between two movies. Can you narrow down how to reproduce/trigger this bug? A Debug Log might also give insights (with both Kodi and TvTunes debug logging enabled).

RE: TvTunes - AB30AB - 2023-02-20

To reproduce;
Go to tv library.
Hover over tv show so theme starts playing.
Enter same tv show.
Quickly return to tv show list and enter a different tv show.
Error appears when trying to play the second theme.

I’ve narrowed down the log to the tvtunes error, let me know if you’d like the full log. i’d just have to check to see if any sensitive text is in the full log first.

https://paste.kodi.tv/zugogodoju