Kodi Community Forum
WIP TV Tunes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: WIP TV Tunes (/showthread.php?tid=347428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2019-10-08

@bzellinger
You're welcome! I'll have to take a look at that. I tried adding "backdrops" as a sub directory in settings and it worked for me, but the directory is not hidden.

@scott967
Yes, those are both still used by TVTunes. Good idea on removing the video plugin...I'll make that change and post when the updated version is available.

RE: TvTunes - Rippoholic - 2019-10-10

Just wondering, do the music files still need to be named 'theme.XXX' or does it just look for an audio file extension?
XXX - Audio extension (mp3, wav, flac, etc..)

Which would lead to my next question, are we able to have more than one audio file?
(Which would play sequentially for as long as the film/tv series is highlighted)

I thought I'd ask, as I have a fair amount of music based movies, with their corresponding soundtracks with which I'd be able to place my fave tracks from the movie/series in the folder of the movie/season folder.
Examples would be:
Movie - The Greatest Showman
Movie - Once
Movie - A Star Is Born
Movie - Oliver!
TV - Nashville
TV - Flight of the Conchords

EG:
Movie
-Once
--Once.mp4
--song1
--song2
TV
-Flight of the Conchords
--Seasons
--Song1
--Song2

Oh, and is it possible to have a theme for each season?
So a theme in the Series parent folder which plays as normal, then a different theme in each season folder that plays as each season is highlighted?

EG:
TV
-Nashville
-theme
-Season 1
--Episodes
--theme
-Season 2
--Episodes
--theme

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2019-10-11

@Rippoholic
By default it looks for the file theme.xxx, but there are other options. Read these two sections...NFO File Support and Theme File Names and Locations. I haven't tried it yet, but the playlist option should play all the files in the playlist. Also, you should be able to have multiple themes in a folder with the common name "theme"...theme.mp3, theme2.mp3, theme3.mp3, etc. If you have multiple theme files, it will play the last numbered theme first and then work backwards (theme2.mp3, then theme.mp3).

RE: TvTunes - Rippoholic - 2019-10-11

(2019-10-11, 15:51)latts9923 Wrote: @Rippoholic
By default it looks for the file theme.xxx, but there are other options. Read these two sections...NFO File Support and Theme File Names and Locations. I haven't tried it yet, but the playlist option should play all the files in the playlist. Also, you should be able to have multiple themes in a folder with the common name "theme"...theme.mp3, theme2.mp3, theme3.mp3, etc. If you have multiple theme files, it will play the last numbered theme first and then work backwards (theme2.mp3, then theme.mp3).

Ah gotcha, brilliant, thank you.

RE: TvTunes - NeBouse - 2019-10-28

I've tried this addon and it is a really nice addition to my setup, however I have 2 questions (and probably requests if possible...)

First of all, and my biggest problem, it is that I use an addon to dim the light whenever content is played in Kodi.
With my current setup (which is used to play only Movies) it works great.
But now my problem is that whenever a theme is played, my lights are dimming ^^ (which is not what I would like).
Do you think there is any way to add an option to your addon to "disable" another addon at theme start and enable it at theme stop ?

EDIT: found an option in my bulbs addon to ignore short durations

Secondly, is there any way to set a duration for the theme to be played ?
Currently I have some themes that are 4minutes long, and if I switch to another movie before the end, the new theme is queued and it ruins the experience...
I thought it would stop playing the theme as soon as you move to another movie in the list !

Many thanks for reviving this addon btw !!

EDIT2: I may have missed something about configuration for this addon...
All my movies are in a folder "Movies", with no subfolder (I mean all mkv are at the root of the "movies" folder).
So I've created a "Themes" folder inside the "Movies" folder and put all my themes in it. (I've configured TvTunes to use this Themes folder)
Themes are named exactly as movies (eg: back.to.the.future.1985.mp3)
Now whenever I enter in the movies library, themes are playing but not like I think it should...I mean moving through the library doesn't make the theme change according to the "selected" movie...It looks like the addon plays all the themes fully and one by one regardless of which movie is selected, and in random order...Do you have any idea why it does this ?

RE: TvTunes - NeBouse - 2019-10-30

Up @Rippoholic  @latts9923  ??

RE: TvTunes - malvinas2 - 2019-10-30

I imagine you have to set a value within "Playback --> Fade out after playing for (minutes)". 
You could also try the last menu entry "Playback --> Limit track duration when multiple themes"

Apart from that I strongly recommend you to organize your movies with each movie in one folder! 
Putting all movies in a single folder is a very, but very bad idea.

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2019-10-31

@NeBouse

Like @malvinas2 said, there is a setting to limit the track duration when there are multiple themes for one movie. I can try to add another setting to limit the duration for a single theme. I'm not much of a coder, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm working on some skin mods at the moment, so I'll take a look at this when I can.

RE: TvTunes - NeBouse - 2019-11-01

(2019-10-30, 23:15)malvinas2 Wrote: I imagine you have to set a value within "Playback --> Fade out after playing for (minutes)". 
You could also try the last menu entry "Playback --> Limit track duration when multiple themes"

Thx for replying.
Fade out after playing for (minutes) is not what i'm looking for. (and minutes is too much btw, seconds would be more useful)
Limit track duration when multiple themes is a no use for me too, since I have only one theme per movie.
(2019-10-30, 23:15)malvinas2 Wrote: Apart from that I strongly recommend you to organize your movies with each movie in one folder! 
Putting all movies in a single folder is a very, but very bad idea.
Why is that ? I've been using Kodi (XBMC) since Dharma with this setup and I've never encountered any issue until now with this particular addon.
Also I wouldn't mind jumping to this setup, but it would mean to delete and rescan my entire library, and that's a no go for me, it would take me days to set it back to what I have currently (I mean visually speaking).

@latts9923 
Quote:@NeBouse

Like @malvinas2 said, there is a setting to limit the track duration when there are multiple themes for one movie. I can try to add another setting to limit the duration for a single theme. I'm not much of a coder, but I'll give it a shot.
Thanks for this but it won't solve my problem (at least I don't think it will).

I need some explanations on how this addon works :

- Isn't the theme supposed to switch to the newly selected movie theme as soon as you scroll movies in the library ?
- Or is it really supposed to play the entire theme of a movie, even if you switch from movie ?

I think you both got me wrong on what currently happens.
here is my setup :

"Movies folder"
- "Themes folder" (inside the movies folder as suggested in the addon settings and github wiki, and named "Themes")
- movie1title.mkv
- movie2title.mkv
- movie3title.mkv
- movie4title.mkv
and so on

now for the Themes folder:
- movie1title.mp3  (same title as movie except for the extension of course)
- movie2title.mp3
- movie3title.mp3
- movie4title.mp3
and so on

Now whenever I enter the movies library, it starts a theme, but it is always the same, and not the one corresponding to the selected movie.
If I move across movies, it still plays the same theme until it ends and skips to another one (totally random).
The only thing that is working is if I select a movie for which there is no theme = theme stops playing.
But as soon as I move to a movie with an existing theme = it starts again the same theme than when I entered the movies library...
It's almost like if the addon is playing a "fixed" playlist of my themes, and always the full themes.

Damn that was the cherry on the cake of my setup, I wish it could work.
Now if someone knows any way to switch to the "1 movie = 1 folder" setup, without having to start from scratch, I'm all ears !!

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2019-11-02

@NeBouse

The theme should stop playing for a movie as soon as you move on to the next movie.

I just tested using a "themes" folder to hold all your movie themes. You should name all your themes with the following format..."movietitle-theme.mp3". See if that works for you. I'll add this an example on the wiki page.

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2019-11-02

Per scott967's request, I removed the video plugin extension from addon.xml so that TVTunes does not appear in the Video Add-ons list. The new version is 1.0.1...available on my GitHub repo.

RE: TvTunes - Rippoholic - 2019-11-02

(2019-11-02, 00:19)latts9923 Wrote: Per scott967's request, I removed the video plugin extension from addon.xml so that TVTunes does not appear in the Video Add-ons list. The new version is 1.0.1...available on my GitHub repo.

Thank you, will get this on my shield in a minute.

The theme's are pretty loud, but the 'volume' for playing theme's is already at 0, so I don't appear to be able to turn them down?

@NeBouse

I'm honestly not sure matey, I have all of my movies within their own folders in the 'Movies' folder, so just have my theme for the movie in their respective folder.

RE: TvTunes - NeBouse - 2019-11-02

(2019-11-02, 02:39)Rippoholic Wrote:
(2019-11-02, 00:19)latts9923 Wrote: Per scott967's request, I removed the video plugin extension from addon.xml so that TVTunes does not appear in the Video Add-ons list. The new version is 1.0.1...available on my GitHub repo.

Thank you, will get this on my shield in a minute.

The theme's are pretty loud, but the 'volume' for playing theme's is already at 0, so I don't appear to be able to turn them down?

@NeBouse

I'm honestly not sure matey, I have all of my movies within their own folders in the 'Movies' folder, so just have my theme for the movie in their respective folder. 
Thanks for your answer, I've fixed my problem by moving every movie in a separate folder with Karellen advices on how to do it easily.
About your volume problem, 0 means this option is "not activated" and you'll get full volume.
set it to 50 and it will be half the volume, 25 and it will be a quarter.

RE: TvTunes - Roger79 - 2019-11-02

It's good that this addon is revived. I have been using it for years.

When highlighting a Collection of Movies TVTunes doesn't play anything. It should play a random theme from the Movies inside the Collection.

Roger J.

RE: TvTunes - billmartian - 2019-11-02

Hi great addition again @latts9923 

Maybe a stupid questian, but how do you get your Movie Tunes ?
Is this something a scraper downloads, or is it some you need to look for it manually ?

Pete