Kodi Community Forum
WIP TV Tunes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: WIP TV Tunes (/showthread.php?tid=347428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: TvTunes - ahkhaki - 2023-11-24

I am having the same issue on two Kodi setups one is matrix and one is latest nexus. Only way to resolve the issue is by disabling TVTUNES Addon.

This started happening immediately after the latest update. I hope this can be fixed soon.

Thanks

RE: TvTunes - martinsvision - 2023-11-24

Im running fine on Nexus, is this audio and video ?

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-11-24

@malvatov
@ahkhaki
I'm not having any playback problems either. Can you provide a screenshot of your Playback settings for TV Tunes?

RE: TvTunes - Shredder_guitar - 2023-11-26

Hello, I'm in the process of updating My kodi from a fresh portable install. Current Versions of things are...
Kodi v 20.2
TvTunes 2.1.0
Aeon Mq9 Multi-mod Skin

I've noticed a strange issue when trying to play TV shows that are 420p they stop instantly, 1080P and 720p is fine; however, If I were to disable TVTunes, they all work fine. 
I enabled debugging on TV tunes and made an event... I don't see anything that would be particularly useful in this capture, but perhaps someone smarter knows what to look for. Please advise on how this can be fixed.
https://paste.kodi.tv/cedixobahi.kodi

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-11-26

@Shredder_guitar
Let me try to find a 420p file to test with.

RE: TvTunes - Shredder_guitar - 2023-11-26

(2023-11-26, 16:19)latts9923 Wrote: Let me try to find a 420p file to test with.

I just found a 1080p tv episode that it happens with as well, so the fact that it is 480p does not matter, the point is that it happens with some and not others. I have not yet found what the difference is.

*update* ok, I think i found the difference...the working tvshows don't have a theme.mp3. The non-working TV shows have a theme.mp3. Which makes more sense anyway...

RE: TvTunes - martinsvision - 2023-11-27

Ive tried 480 and that wierd 576 , 540 aspectratios and they work fine cant seem to find anything in my collection 420 yet i thought
i had an old mummy or werewolf movie but i cant seem to find any 420 ill keep looking .Could it be some other factors like audio? Are you useing pass-through
** quick question this will sound odd but does any of these have a numerical vaule in its name ?? Like " 13 Nights of Elvira " ?? Or do you have "Specials" season folders ??

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-11-27

@Shredder_guitar
I reproduced the problem while trying to play a video with an existing theme as you said. This problem got introduced with the last changes I made trying to get the video theme to stop. I'll have to take another look at the code.

RE: TvTunes - ahkhaki - 2023-11-28

(2023-11-24, 13:28)latts9923 Wrote: @malvatov
@ahkhaki
I'm not having any playback problems either. Can you provide a screenshot of your Playback settings for TV Tunes?

Hello; 

Sorry for the delay in response. i just received a new Fire stick 4K Max 2, and i installed everything fresh on it (Kodi Nexus 20.2) and the latest Emby addon, skin: latest arctic zephyr 2 Reloaded. and everything works fine without any issues or hiccups. once i install TVTUNES and without modifying any settings within the addon, basically keeping everything to default settings here is what happens: 

Movies: Once i go to movies section and load any movie information. 
  • The Theme song plays fine without any issues
    • If i try to play the movie while the theme song is playing - Kodi freezes, nothing happens, theme song continues to play, i have to exit and kill kodi and reload.
    • if i exit the movie information back to the movie list, previous addon version theme song stops playing automatically, now i have to stop it manually by going into the Context menu
      • Even if i stop the theme song from playing and then trying to play the movie. Kodi freezes, nothing happens, theme song Stops playing, i have to exit and kill kodi and reload
    • if i access the same movie without loading the information (basically playing the movie from the list directly) therefore TVTunes addon is not activated. the movie plays fine.
TV Shows: Once i go to TV Show section and load a TV Show (i.e Friends).
  • The Theme song plays fine without any issues
    • I can browse the TV show episodes and seasons without any issues
    • if i play an episode with the theme song playing, or when the theme song is done. - Kodi freezes, nothing happens, i have to exit and kill kodi and reload.
  • If i browse to a show that has a video theme file
    • The moment i access the show - Kodi crashes immediately, i don't even hear anything started to play

All the above issues get solved as soon as i remove the TVTunes addon.

@latts9923 Let me know how i can assist you with this as i really like your addon, also is there away i can get access to the previous version of your add on prior to the update? 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks;

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-11-28

@ahkhaki
For Kodi 19/20, you can revert back to v2.0.8. This will reintroduce the problem with the video themes not stopping playback. This problem was introduced with Kodi 19 and I haven't been able to fix it.

RE: TvTunes - martinsvision - 2023-11-28

@Shredder_guitar If you used an tvtunes.nfo file instead of dropping the mp3 directly into the series folder are you still getting the lock up ?

RE: TvTunes - Shredder_guitar - 2023-12-01

(2023-11-28, 18:00)martinsvision Wrote: tvtunes.nfo

If i create a tvtunes.nfo file in a tv show folder without the theme.mp3 file in the folder, the tvshows will play as normal, but the theme does not; If i were to put the theme.mp3 file in the folder along with the theme.nfo file, I get an error message 

Code:
2023-11-30 17:42:11.307 T:5728    error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'TypeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: log_msg() takes from 1 to 2 positional arguments but 3 were given
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\resources\lib\themeFinder.py", line 87, in _loadNfoInfo
                                                       nfoXml = ET.ElementTree(ET.fromstring(nfoFileStr))
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1321, in XML
                                                       return parser.close()
                                                   xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\service.py", line 56, in <module>
                                                       main.runAsAService()
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\resources\lib\backend.py", line 160, in runAsAService
                                                       newThemes = self.getThemes()
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\resources\lib\backend.py", line 321, in getThemes
                                                       themefile = ThemeFiles(themePath, debug_logging_enabled=debug_logging_enabled)
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\resources\lib\themeFinder.py", line 278, in __init__
                                                       self.themeFiles = self._generateThemeFilelistWithDirs(self.rawPath)
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\resources\lib\themeFinder.py", line 445, in _generateThemeFilelistWithDirs
                                                       themeFiles = self._generateThemeFilelist(rawPath)
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\resources\lib\themeFinder.py", line 455, in _generateThemeFilelist
                                                       themeList = self._getThemeFiles(workingPath)
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\resources\lib\themeFinder.py", line 499, in _getThemeFiles
                                                       nfoRead = NfoReader(directory, self.debug_logging_enabled)
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\resources\lib\themeFinder.py", line 43, in __init__
                                                       self._loadNfoInfo(directory)
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\resources\lib\themeFinder.py", line 153, in _loadNfoInfo
                                                       log_msg("NfoReader: Failed to process NFO: %s" % nfoFileName, True, xbmc.LOGERROR)
                                                   TypeError: log_msg() takes from 1 to 2 positional arguments but 3 were given
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2023-11-30 17:42:11.307 T:5728    debug <general>: CPythonInvoker::onExecutionDone(20, D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\service.py)
2023-11-30 17:42:11.308 T:4508    debug <general>: Thread BackgroundLoader 4508 terminating
2023-11-30 17:42:11.311 T:15100   debug <general>: ffmpeg[0x11d0143ef30]: [image2] Custom AVIOContext makes no sense and will be ignored with AVFMT_NOFILE format.

RE: TvTunes - martinsvision - 2023-12-01

@Shredder_guitar Can you try a nfo file that's linked to something off your system ? Without any mp3 in the folder ,Try something like this :
<tvtunes>
<file>https://www.televisiontunes.com/uploads/audio/Ghost%20Hunters.mp3</file>
<excludeFromScreensaver/>
<checkThemeExists/>
</tvtunes>

You might have to wait a few seconds for it to being to play since its pulling from a web site

RE: TvTunes - Shredder_guitar - 2023-12-02

Nothing played and I'm certain i did this correct.
A few things...
I checked the log and i see this error 
Code:

2023-12-01 20:47:01.363 T:29588   debug <general>: [TV Tunes] TunesBackend: Failed to check root TV Show Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "D:\Kodi V20\Kodi V20.2\portable_data\addons\service.tvtunes\resources\lib\backend.py", line 334, in getThemes
                                                       json_query = simplejson.loads(json_query)
                                                   NameError: name 'simplejson' is not defined

It also looks like the file being searched is tvtunes.nfo, not theme.nfo so I updated the file name
I was eventually able to get the theme to work via tvtunes path and yes i get the same video cutoff after 1 second of playing

RE: TvTunes - Karellen - 2023-12-02

(2023-12-02, 04:55)Shredder_guitar Wrote: It also looks like the file being searched is tvtunes.nfo
What is the tvtunes.nfo used for? Is it just used as a pointer to a theme in a location other than the movie location?
It's the first time I have seen it mentioned.