Kodi Community Forum
WIP TV Tunes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: WIP TV Tunes (/showthread.php?tid=347428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: TvTunes - martinsvision - 2023-12-02

Yes you can use it to point to a file on a SMB sever or online something like that..
Handy if you want to reference a actual song that you may have in your music library thats the movie theme song . Or if you want to save on storage space you can point to them online

RE: TvTunes - Karellen - 2023-12-02

(2023-12-02, 06:30)martinsvision Wrote: Yes you can use it to point to a file on a SMB sever or online something like that..
Great. Thanks.

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-12-02

@Karellen
Howdy! Here's a link to the TV Tunes NFO notes.

RE: TvTunes - Karellen - 2023-12-02

(2023-12-02, 13:57)latts9923 Wrote: Howdy! Here's a link to the TV Tunes NFO notes.
Hi @latts9923
Thanks for the link. I was curious as I hadn't come across it before. My theme.flac files are all in my movie or tv show folder, so I won't need to use it.

Tried to install your repo on my new v21 install, but the repo was empty. Looks like there is no Omega repo.
I installed tv tunes manually though.

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-12-03

@Karellen
You bet! I can create an Omega repo and start uploading add-ons.

I just updated my repo to v4.0.2 and added an Omega repo. Right now the only thing in it is TV Tunes v2.0.8.

RE: TvTunes - gtyper - 2023-12-06

Quote:I fixed a problem with the setting "Only ever play single theme". I also renamed that setting to "Play only one theme from playlist". Thanks to gtyper for reporting the bug!
I am still having the same issue.  

It will play the theme when I am on the Movie Set, but when I drill in - it stops.  It will restart when I go to the movie with the theme, but if I switch off of the movie, it stops again.

Am I doing something wrong?

I would expect it to function similar to a TV Show where the theme for the entire Movie Set is playing while viewing the set.  

SETUP:
* Version 2.1.0 (Updated 12/05/2023)
* Play Only One Theme From Playlist: Tested Both Checked and Unchecked.

RE: TvTunes - martinsvision - 2023-12-06

@gtyper If im not mistaken its not designed to work that way , its lower levels first So if you wanted different theme's for different movies for example the theme songs for Harry Potter are different every movie and you can have each play accordingly and when your at you set folder it can pull from the lower folders or have one of its own ...
If you want one theme playing threw all of the movie sets and the individual set movies, You can have a Theme.nfo file point to an mp3 (or what every theme file you wish to use) Put one in each movie folder and it will NOT start and stop but will play seamlessly while browsing threw the movie set as long as there is a theme.nfo file pointing to the same theme song as the other sets

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-12-06

@gtyper
Nope...you're not doing anything wrong. As you said, Movies and Sets just behave differently than TV Shows since each Movie in a Set can have a different theme.

Also, I reverted back to v2.0.8 on my repo. There was a bug I introduced with v2.1.0 where the video will not play if you have a theme available.

@martinsvision
If I have the same theme for all Movies in a set, it will still stop and start the same theme as you navigate between Movies.

RE: TvTunes - gtyper - 2023-12-07

(2023-12-06, 13:44)latts9923 Wrote: @gtyper
Nope...you're not doing anything wrong. As you said, Movies and Sets just behave differently than TV Shows since each Movie in a Set can have a different theme.

Also, I reverted back to v2.0.8 on my repo. There was a bug I introduced with v2.1.0 where the video will not play if you have a theme available.

@martinsvision
If I have the same theme for all Movies in a set, it will still stop and start the same theme as you navigate between Movies.
Is there a way we can get a single theme for the entire set?  

For instance, when I open Star Wars - I'd like the single Star Wars theme to play as I browse.  Instead, it changes or stops on each movie - even if the same theme is in each location. 

If not, the ability to set the theme at the set level would be amazing!

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-12-08

@gtyper
I tested what @martinsvision suggested and use the same nfo file in each movie, but you have to have the entire path of the theme file entered for it to work. I've never tried it like that before, but it does continue to play the same theme without stopping as you scroll through the movies in the set.

RE: TvTunes - gtyper - 2023-12-10

(2023-12-08, 13:19)latts9923 Wrote: @gtyper
I tested what @martinsvision suggested and use the same nfo file in each movie, but you have to have the entire path of the theme file entered for it to work. I've never tried it like that before, but it does continue to play the same theme without stopping as you scroll through the movies in the set.

I will try that.  Thanks @martinsvision.

However, in the future, could you program it to have an option to pull from the Movie Set Information Folder?  

When unchecked, the system functions like it does today.
If checked, the system will bypass the movie theme in a set and look at the MSIF.

RE: TvTunes - gtyper - 2023-12-10

I did the setup using the .nfo pointing to a single stored directory with the theme.  This works ... partially.

When I am browsing the collection, the theme will play.
When I click into the set, the theme will stop.
When I browse over any of the movies in the set, the theme will restart and play properly.
If I browse to the '..' option, the theme will stop again.

Essentially it still isn't as seamless as the TV theme playing.  All four states playing the same some, uninterrupted would be my ideal (if possible).

I truly think making the adjustment to have an option to make it function more like TV themes would be ideal (even if it doesn't pull from the MSIF).

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-12-11

@gtyper
I can take a look, but I'm not sure I can make that happen. I'm not much of a coder...I get this to keep working with trial and error.

RE: TvTunes - martinsvision - 2023-12-11

The only reason it stops is when you click into a set you are first on the back button. if you click back into the set after moving off the back button it does not stop playing maybe a fix is not having the back buttons being the first selection?

RE: TvTunes - Shredder_guitar - 2023-12-13

(2023-12-07, 18:12)gtyper Wrote: Is there a way we can get a single theme for the entire set?  

For instance, when I open Star Wars - I'd like the single Star Wars theme to play as I browse.  Instead, it changes or stops on each movie - even if the same theme is in each location. 

If not, the ability to set the theme at the set level would be amazing!
@latts9923
I don't have an extreme need for this, but i like the idea. a Movie set structure is supposed to be comprised of 
Movie Set Folder> Movie Set collection name >Movie Set Artwork Assets
Would it be plausible to store a theme.mp3 or theme.nfo in the folder with the movie set assets and play while nav-ing into a movie set list?