Kodi Community Forum
WIP TV Tunes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: WIP TV Tunes (/showthread.php?tid=347428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: TvTunes - martinsvision - 2023-12-13

Problem is the way Movie Sets behave differently.. Exp i have to have my animated movie posters on my player itself for movie sets but not singularly movies.

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2023-12-13

@Shredder_guitar
That would be a cool feature...but like I told @gtyper I'm just not much of a coder. I would need someone else to look at adding that feature...just like the problem with the video themes not stopping playback.

RE: TvTunes - gtyper - 2023-12-13

(2023-12-13, 04:18)Shredder_guitar Wrote:
(2023-12-07, 18:12)gtyper Wrote: the ability to set the theme at the set level would be amazing!
@latts9923
I don't have an extreme need for this, but i like the idea. a Movie set structure is supposed to be comprised of 
Movie Set Folder> Movie Set collection name >Movie Set Artwork Assets
Would it be plausible to store a theme.mp3 or theme.nfo in the folder with the movie set assets and play while nav-ing into a movie set list?

This was EXACTLY my thought.  I actually wrote it out as a user story with AC and thought it was a bit pedantic.  :/

RE: TV Tunes - ahkhaki - 2023-12-19

hello @latts9923;

it is not only the video that doesn't stop playing, its also the theme songs are not stopping! am i missing something? 

I installed the V2.0.8 on kodi nexus 20.2

RE: TV Tunes - latts9923 - 2023-12-20

@ahkhaki
Hmm...I'm running v2.0.8 and my mp3 themes are stopping as soon as I move to the next video.

RE: TV Tunes - Juan Mortyme - 2023-12-20

@ahkhaki
@latts9923

I'm using v2.1.0 and both video and audio themes are now behaving properly, ending when they lose focus. Even sets are working. It's been a long time since everything worked in TV Tunes.

Thanks for the long awaited fix. Smile

RE: TV Tunes - latts9923 - 2023-12-20

@Juan Mortyme
I thought I had fixed the video theme problem in v2.1.0, but it introduced a new problem where the Movie would not play if it had a theme. Do you not have this problem?

RE: TV Tunes - Juan Mortyme - 2023-12-21

(2023-12-20, 16:07)latts9923 Wrote: @Juan Mortyme
I thought I had fixed the video theme problem in v2.1.0, but it introduced a new problem where the Movie would not play if it had a theme. Do you not have this problem?
@latts9923

I'll check it out and get back to you. As strange as it sounds I don't actually watch movies in Kodi. I really don't like the Kodi video player interface at all. I much prefer using VLC as my media player. I had at one point swapped out the Kodi default player with VLC. I use Kodi mainly as a media cataloguing program and VLC as my player.

RE: TV Tunes - Juan Mortyme - 2023-12-21

@latts9923
OK, you're right, sort of.

No joy when trying to start a movie while the theme is playing or before the theme starts. I tried different a few different things. I found that if you stop the theme while it's playing or let it play through to the end then the movie can be played. But if you try to play the movie before the theme starts or while the theme is playing the movie will not start. This is the case with both mp4 and mp3 themes.

And now that I think of it I do recall that issue being raised a while back. That would also explain why v2.0.8 is the latest version in the repo.

RE: TV Tunes - quickmic - 2024-01-24

Code:

2024-01-24 04:49:47.379 T:871     error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'TypeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: log_msg() takes from 1 to 2 positional arguments but 3 were given
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/home/quickmic/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/service.tvtunes/resources/lib/themeFinder.py", line 87, in _loadNfoInfo
                                                       nfoXml = ET.ElementTree(ET.fromstring(nfoFileStr))
                                                     File "/usr/lib/python3.10/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1342, in XML
                                                       parser.feed(text)
                                                   xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 3, column 150

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/home/quickmic/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/service.tvtunes/service.py", line 56, in <module>
                                                       main.runAsAService()
                                                     File "/home/quickmic/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/service.tvtunes/resources/lib/backend.py", line 160, in runAsAService
                                                       newThemes = self.getThemes()
                                                     File "/home/quickmic/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/service.tvtunes/resources/lib/backend.py", line 321, in getThemes
                                                       themefile = ThemeFiles(themePath, debug_logging_enabled=debug_logging_enabled)
                                                     File "/home/quickmic/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/service.tvtunes/resources/lib/themeFinder.py", line 278, in __init__
                                                       self.themeFiles = self._generateThemeFilelistWithDirs(self.rawPath)
                                                     File "/home/quickmic/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/service.tvtunes/resources/lib/themeFinder.py", line 445, in _generateThemeFilelistWithDirs
                                                       themeFiles = self._generateThemeFilelist(rawPath)
                                                     File "/home/quickmic/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/service.tvtunes/resources/lib/themeFinder.py", line 455, in _generateThemeFilelist
                                                       themeList = self._getThemeFiles(workingPath)
                                                     File "/home/quickmic/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/service.tvtunes/resources/lib/themeFinder.py", line 499, in _getThemeFiles
                                                       nfoRead = NfoReader(directory, self.debug_logging_enabled)
                                                     File "/home/quickmic/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/service.tvtunes/resources/lib/themeFinder.py", line 43, in __init__
                                                       self._loadNfoInfo(directory)
                                                     File "/home/quickmic/.var/app/tv.kodi.Kodi/data/addons/service.tvtunes/resources/lib/themeFinder.py", line 153, in _loadNfoInfo
                                                       log_msg("NfoReader: Failed to process NFO: %s" % nfoFileName, True, xbmc.LOGERROR)
                                                   TypeError: log_msg() takes from 1 to 2 positional arguments but 3 were given
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: TV Tunes - quickmic - 2024-01-24

The invalid nfo is on me, but the log_msg is wrong in the plugin.

RE: TV Tunes - latts9923 - 2024-01-26

@quickmic
I have a fix for the NFO log message error. I'll get another update posted soon. Thanks for letting me know!

RE: TV Tunes - latts9923 - 2024-01-27

UPDATE #11 for Kodi v19/20/21

ImageBug fix
  • I removed the deprecated check for "videolibrary". It was throwing an error in the log.
  • I fixed a problem with the NFO log messages. Thanks to quickmic for reporting the bug!

RE: TV Tunes - htpc-mac - 2024-01-29

Speaking from a technical, proof of concept, perspective this add-son would be much more useful it supplied/sourced the themes rather than having the end user do it. Using this add-on on your own library is one thing (you know what it there and can have a theme for it), using this across other apps would really make it useful. Just imagine how neat the free Samsung TV/Pluto.tv apps would look if TV Tunes worked those apps. Having he user find a theme for a dynamically changing library is absurd. Again this is a purely aesthetic observation. Oh what we could accomplish in if didn't have greedy little hands all over the place trying to make a buck off an 8 second theme song.

RE: TV Tunes - bosx2 - 2024-02-15

in the latest version, the video trailer wont stop, when another movie is highlighted, is that normal? I had a unofficial version from you, which worked fine when switching movies (yes it had the play/stop problem)