Kodi Community Forum
WIP TV Tunes - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: WIP TV Tunes (/showthread.php?tid=347428)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: TvTunes - Jachin99 - 2020-01-21

(2020-01-20, 15:38)latts9923 Wrote: @Jachin99
I have a file named trailer.mp4 in my movie folder and referenced in my tvtunes.nfo file. I have to exclude the name "trailer" from scans, but TVTunes plays the trailer just fine.

Mine are named Movie name-trailer so for example the Avengers trailer would be called Avengers-trailers, and the trailer file is in the same directory as the movie.  This is how my emby server names trailers and I can't configure the naming convention for that particular Emby server plugin.  Emby server also takes care of downloading all of my theme media, and setting up the folder structure.  It sounds like your using Kodi's built in library to add your theme media is that correct?  I don't see an option to configure file names in the TV tunes plugin settings so I can't exclude anything in my library scans.  

I also don't think I understand how tvtunes.nfo is created, and the only way I can get my theme media working is by transferring my theme video directory (the one with tvtunes.nfo) from the PC that is running emby server to each client computer running emby for kodi.  The big downfall with this is that newly created theme media won't be visible until I make that transfer.   So I'll try to rephrase this a little to make sure I'm clear.  

I have a PC running Kodi, Emby Server, Emby for Kodi, and TV tunes.  This acts as a server, and theme media nfo files are created just fine on this PC, minus the trailers.  I use Emby as the media server for Kodi, and I use the Emby for Kodi plugin to create Kodi's media database straight from the Emby database.  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21888-emby-for-kodi/

I have other PCs around the house that run emby for kodi, and TV tunes but no Emby server.  TV Tunes.nfo is not being created for these PCs but if I transfer the tvtunes.nfo files manually to these PCs, the themes play 

So my issues are...
1. How do I get TV tunes to create.nfo files locally on my two other PCs

2. How do get TV tunes to see the trailers provided by Emby.  Emby can provide both local and web trailers, and when I click on the trailers link in my skin, trailers seem to play fine.

RE: TvTunes - TruGMR - 2020-01-24

(2019-09-21, 16:38)latts9923 Wrote: I've been granted permission from the Kodi Team to revive the TvTunes Add-on.

You can test out the newest version at my GitHub repo.

This version has all the features of the final version released by the previous author. The only difference is that the Add-on is now a service instead of a script. I've tested this with Leia and it seems to be working fine.

I've scrubbed the repo's wiki page and removed all references to downloading content. I ask that the Kodi Team verify that everything is good to go and give me a "thumbs up" that it's ready for the official Kodi repo. Thanks in advance!

Imagev1.0.1 (released 11/01/19) - Per scott967's request, I removed the video plugin extension from addon.xml so that TVTunes does not appear in the Video Add-ons list.
Latts...really dumb question...

Where can I pull this from? You have a Repo addy or something? I'm currently usng Eminence with Leia and I miss TV Tunes returned to me...Help!!

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2020-01-24

@TruGMR

I just made it available on my Kodi repo...you can get my repo at https://holybid.com/kodi/repo.

RE: TvTunes - TruGMR - 2020-01-28

(2020-01-24, 01:09)latts9923 Wrote: @TruGMR

I just made it available on my Kodi repo...you can get my repo at https://holybid.com/kodi/repo.
My brother.

I just installed it and my library is back to original form...

I just wasted an hour listening to themes...

Now to do my other HTPC's.

You are appreciated.

TYSM.

RE: TvTunes - chrissix666 - 2020-02-01

@latts9923 3 Questions or requests:
  • Have you found a way to bring the opportunity back to integrate a skin toggle on/off button for example in topmenu?
  • Is "the storage and play themes from a Central folder" working again? Really time to migrate the themes from movie/tvshow folders to the system drive that not the hard drives will always accessed on scrolling wich also making the skin slow and laggy. On the older versions i tried 100 variations to get it to work, i don't got it ever to work.
  • Is it Leia exclusive or also working with Krypton?

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2020-02-02

@TruGMR
Glad you got it working! Haha...I know the feeling. I've spent a lot of time just downloading themes.

@"chrissix"
Hey bud!
1. The MQ 7 skins (Krypton and Leia) both have a button in the Top Menu to disable TVTunes. I haven't used that in quite a while, so I just tested it and it is not working. I'll see if I can get that to work again.
2. I haven't tried that, but I will and get back with you.
3. This works on Krypton and Leia.

RE: TvTunes - Macbook Pro - 2020-02-02

(2019-09-21, 22:38)Rippoholic Wrote: Just got round to a test.. working great!

Managed to figure out how to get it to play the theme.ext file whilst browsing movies and tv shows, and loop them too! Looping the theme was something I wanted in a particular skin, but the skinner couldn't implement it, but this addon does it nicely.

I have 1000+ Movies and counting.. I have soundtracks for most tv shows and movies, and now, thanks to you, I'm going to be buying a fair few more Smile

I thoroughly recommend this album by Hans Zimmer for movie collections:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Music-Hans-Zimmer-Definitive-Collection/dp/B00LBMF8QC/ref=tmm_msc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
There's a few themes from a good number of movies to choose from for use with this addon.

ImageImage

Edit: Ok, clearly, I don't know how to post images here.

Hi, I'm really sorry to hijack this thread, but i could not contact Rippoholic directly. Can anyone tell me how this Theme is named?

Thanks in advance

RE: TvTunes - Karellen - 2020-02-02

(2020-02-02, 19:43)Macbook Pro Wrote: Can anyone tell me how this Theme is named?
It looks like Aeon Nox:Silvo skin which can be installed from the official Kodi repository

RE: TvTunes - filip15ns - 2020-02-04

Great work @latts9923!
Add-on works fine on my android TV device.
I love the feature with video themes Wink But I've got a question/request/idea.
Is it possible to add an option to force the skin to hide an interface when video theme is on? It would be perfect! Now it's good but of course always can be better ;d

RE: TvTunes - chrissix666 - 2020-02-05

(2020-02-04, 02:15)filip15ns Wrote: Is it possible to add an option to force the skin to hide an interface when video theme is on? It would be perfect! Now it's good but of course always can be better ;d

That depends purely on the skin. On some skins an interface is when something is playing in the background, on some it is not, and on some you can set in settings if or if not should be.
Fortunately, in my skin every view is without an interface. I only have one in the main menu. But when i go out of view in the main menu the theme stops. So i see it for a maximum of 1 second if at all.

I'm afraid you only have these options:
  • Search the skin for all settings whether you can hide the interface.
  • Another skin
  • Learn the basics of skinning .xml and patch it out yourself.

RE: TvTunes - mrcleen74 - 2020-02-16

Love tvtunes. Is there a setting I'm not seeing to make the trailer play up in the corner in Netflix view on aeon silvo? Kind of like auto show trailer setting in Titan skin

RE: TvTunes - latts9923 - 2020-02-17

@mrcleen74
I'm not very familiar with that skin. You might try asking the Skinner in the Aeon Nox: SiLVO thread.

RE: TvTunes - mrcleen74 - 2020-02-18

(2020-02-17, 16:07)latts9923 Wrote: @mrcleen74
I'm not very familiar with that skin. You might try asking the Skinner in the Aeon Nox: SiLVO thread.

I'm sorry I didn't mean the skin. I meant is there a setting in tvtunes that would allow for that appearance.

RE: TvTunes - Jachin99 - 2020-02-18

The themes require skin support. I also use aeon nox silvo and if you read back a few pages you will see where you can modify an XML file to have the videos play in the background of the video details screen. I would also like to see more broad support for tv tunes and AEL in aeon nox silvo.

RE: TvTunes - Macbook Pro - 2020-02-28

(2020-02-02, 20:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-02-02, 19:43)Macbook Pro Wrote: Can anyone tell me how this Theme is named?
It looks like Aeon Nox:Silvo skin which can be installed from the official Kodi repository 

Thanks a lot, it was it. 

Btw thanks for TvTunes i really enjoy this addon.