Kodi Community Forum
WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: WIP S W A N (alpha , updated April-2022) (/showthread.php?tid=348245)

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated june-2021) - Rijs43 - 2021-06-25

(2021-06-25, 11:19)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 01:29)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi,

I have the following issue and not sure if this relates to the skin.

In home screen, when the automatic trailer starts ' a la Netflix' the video seems to flash. When I play the trailer in full screen it works fine. With the Netflix style, it flickers a lot.

Hope some one can direct me to a solution for this.

I have Kodi 19.1 on Raspberry Pi4 with LibreElec

Unsure, may i refer to this ( check 'n' test render method settings -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330749&pid=2737010#pid2737010 )

But not sure if you really mean flicker or stutter ?

Thanks.

I mean the trailer plays smooth, however it seems like there is a white flash flicker on it. Like some one is taking a photo with flash every second.. hope this explains it better. So no issue with the play of trailer. Also no issue in full mode play of trailer.. only with the Netflix view at the top right corner and in the widget trailer preview.

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated june-2021) - mardukL - 2021-06-25

(2021-06-25, 12:08)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 11:19)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 01:29)Rijs43 Wrote: Hi,

I have the following issue and not sure if this relates to the skin.

In home screen, when the automatic trailer starts ' a la Netflix' the video seems to flash. When I play the trailer in full screen it works fine. With the Netflix style, it flickers a lot.

Hope some one can direct me to a solution for this.

I have Kodi 19.1 on Raspberry Pi4 with LibreElec

Unsure, may i refer to this ( check 'n' test render method settings -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330749&pid=2737010#pid2737010 )

Thanks.

I mean the trailer plays smooth, however it seems like there is a white flash flicker on it. Like some one is taking a photo with flash every second.. hope this explains it better. So no issue with the play of trailer. Also no issue in full mode play of trailer.. only with the Netflix view at the top right corner and in the widget trailer preview.

hmmm.... i'll take a look if i see it somewhere, may i double check the visible conditions (may there is i more than 1 preview window active which can cause such experiance )

BTW...

That's how spotlight views look if blur bg is + depending setting "use dimmed blure bg in spotlight vews" is enabled (just media windows)

(2021-06-25, 12:32)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 12:08)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 11:19)mardukL Wrote: Unsure, may i refer to this ( check 'n' test render method settings -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330749&pid=2737010#pid2737010 )

Thanks.

hmmm.... i'll take a look if i see it somewhere, may i double check the visible conditions (may there is i more than 1 preview window active which can cause such experiance )

BTW...

That's how spotlight views look if blur bg is + depending setting "use dimmed blure bg in spotlight vews" is enabled (just media windows)

Not sure if there is more preview Windows active.
I have checked after restarting my PI4 and same is happening. The trailer window works only with TMDB helper addon of Jurialmunkey.. not looking for youtube trailers for local media.

The pictures of Spotlight are awesome! How can I achieve same look? Really amazing!!

(2021-06-25, 12:40)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 12:08)Rijs43 Wrote: Thanks.

BTW...

I have checked after restarting my PI4 and same is happening. The trailer window works only with TMDB helper addon of Jurialmunkey.. not looking for youtube trailers for local media.

The pictures of Spotlight are awesome! How can I achieve same look? Really amazing!!

Will you add in also something like a 'New releases sticker in red text' on posters/ landscape? Similar to Netflix? I am not sure but I think I saw something like that on Titan skin long time ago..

BTW.. regarding the mark watched button. Of course I can use context menu, however I am using the remote of my tv to navigate and therefor more difficult to show the context menu.. is it possible to add a button in the info screen as well?

Last request Smile the home screen looks really amazing, but the info screen does not have the same WOW factor in my opinion.. is this something you are working on? Do you have an example how it looks like so maybe it is due to my settings?

Cheers pal!

(2021-06-25, 12:08)Rijs43 Wrote: Thanks.

BTW...

Thanks.

I did a quick test and cant reproduce seein a flicker on playback.

Can you say where the flicker is noticed

- view type in media window (view id 50,56, 503, 504 ) on home (spotlight or widgets only)?
- if home a) using big preview window (skin default) or in  little preview window ( if skinsetting "show little trailer window in widget row" toggled on)

The blur setting will come in next update, have to do some other things related to the setting itself and some other stuff )
To enable the blurring there is a setting in skinsettings -> Backgrounds Section -> at the bottom you'll find 2 settings
a - enable blur n media windows (already there ) - may require restart after enbale it )
b - use dimmed blur fanart in Spotlight View (will come in next update)

(2021-06-25, 12:40)Rijs43 Wrote: Will you add in also something like a 'New releases sticker in red text' on posters/ landscape? Similar to Netflix? I am not sure but I think I saw something like that on Titan skin long time ago..
Maybe...

(2021-06-25, 12:40)Rijs43 Wrote: BTW.. regarding the mark watched button. Of course I can use context menu, however I am using the remote of my tv to navigate and therefor more difficult to show the context menu.. is it possible to add a button in the info screen as well?
- i think you can use a longpress the 'ok' button to let the context menu show up.
- for dialog video info i take a look and should nt be a problem

(2021-06-25, 12:40)Rijs43 Wrote: Last request Smile the home screen looks really amazing, but the info screen does not have the same WOW factor in my opinion.. is this something you are working on? Do you have an example how it looks like so maybe it is due to my settings?

No i am not working on an optiinal videoinfo layout, but i have something in mind , but will come if so at very late state.
i have so many other task open atm.
sorry

(2021-06-25, 13:04)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 12:40)Rijs43 Wrote: Will you add in also something like a 'New releases sticker in red text' on posters/ landscape? Similar to Netflix? I am not sure but I think I saw something like that on Titan skin long time ago..
Maybe...

(2021-06-25, 12:40)Rijs43 Wrote: BTW.. regarding the mark watched button. Of course I can use context menu, however I am using the remote of my tv to navigate and therefor more difficult to show the context menu.. is it possible to add a button in the info screen as well?
- i think you can use a longpress the 'ok' button to let the context menu show up.

(2021-06-25, 12:40)Rijs43 Wrote: Last request Smile the home screen looks really amazing, but the info screen does not have the same WOW factor in my opinion.. is this something you are working on? Do you have an example how it looks like so maybe it is due to my settings?

No i am not working on an optiinal videoinfo layout, but i have something in mind , but will come if so at very late state.
i have so many other task open atm.
sorry

No bother mate. Fully understand first things first.

Keep up the good work.

How can I get the footer with ratings etc on home screen? I see this available if I enter all movies.

Thanks.

(2021-06-25, 12:56)mardukL Wrote:
(2021-06-25, 12:32)mardukL Wrote: hmmm.... i'll take a look if i see it somewhere, may i double check the visible conditions (may there is i more than 1 preview window active which can cause such experiance )

BTW...

Thanks.

I did a quick test and cant reproduce seein a flicker on playback.

Can you say where the flicker is noticed

- view type in media window (view id 50,56, 503, 504 ) on home (spotlight or widgets only)?
- if home a) using big preview window (skin default) or in  little preview window ( if skinsetting "show little trailer window in widget row" toggled on)

The blur setting will come in next update, have to do some other things related to the setting itself and some other stuff )
To enable the blurring there is a setting in skinsettings -> Backgrounds Section -> at the bottom you'll find 2 settings
a - enable blur n media windows (already there ) - may require restart after enbale it )
b - use dimmed blur fanart in Spotlight View (will come in next update)

See link for video sharing showing what I mean.

It happens in spotlight and widget. When in full mode view.. all working fine.

Video link

[/quote]

Unfortunately long press does not work as it will be just rrecognized as 'enter'.

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated june-2021) - Blackysb - 2021-06-25

Can anything be done with Movie Collection over lapping the resolution and audio icons in the footer. Poster view.

(2021-06-25, 19:28)Rijs43 Wrote:

Unfortunately long press does not work as it will be just rrecognized as 'enter'.
[/quote]

ok.may that addon can help...
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

(2021-06-25, 22:11)Blackysb Wrote: Can anything be done with Movie Collection over lapping the resolution and audio icons in the footer. Poster view.

The labels in generel need some fine tuning.
it's on to do list to dont have such overlap.
;-)

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated june-2021) - fantasticn - 2021-06-26

@mardukL 
I still sticking to the clean and simple MenuTiles layout which makes for fantastic main menu and place to start from. And I like the animation of the turning tiles as well as the changing backgrounds. There is only three things that I would love to see:

- Video background overlay while playing. Currently this does not seem to work for the MenuTile layout. So you can only hear of there is something playing in the background but you cannot see it.
- Adjustment of the folder path for the backgrounds. Currently it seems that you cannot set the background path for the MenuTile layout in the background section. So I have copied my additional backgrounds in the respective addon folder for now.
- Adjustment of the menu tiles per row. Currently it is fixed to 4. That makes like 4 rows for me. I would love to have 5 or even 6 tiles per row for not having too man rows that are out of sight. Even better would be to have the tile size selectable and than have maybe three rows visible on the page.

That's it from my end. Still waiting for weather section, PVR and other things to come. But take your time and keep up the good work!

RE: S W A N (alpha , updated june-2021) - mardukL - 2021-06-26

(2021-06-26, 08:51)fantasticn Wrote: @mardukL 
I still sticking to the clean and simple MenuTiles layout which makes for fantastic main menu and place to start from. And I like the animation of the turning tiles as well as the changing backgrounds. There is only three things that I would love to see:

- Video background overlay while playing. Currently this does not seem to work for the MenuTile layout. So you can only hear of there is something playing in the background but you cannot see it.
- Adjustment of the folder path for the backgrounds. Currently it seems that you cannot set the background path for the MenuTile layout in the background section. So I have copied my additional backgrounds in the respective addon folder for now.
- Adjustment of the menu tiles per row. Currently it is fixed to 4. That makes like 4 rows for me. I would love to have 5 or even 6 tiles per row for not having too man rows that are out of sight. Even better would be to have the tile size selectable and than have maybe three rows visible on the page.

That's it from my end. Still waiting for weather section, PVR and other things to come. But take your time and keep up the good work!

yeah, I REMEMBER Wink

At least a custom path for rotating artwork background in hometile layout can be set now...
https://github.com/marduklev/skin.swan-alpha/commit/58772f0ac8410ed53dd01a8d75099fae8c83d353

the rest is still on to do