Kodi Community Forum
Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) (/showthread.php?tid=348500)

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - Hitcher - 2019-12-16

Do you have a controller connected to it?

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - UTAVATU - 2019-12-16

Dear Hitcher

(2019-12-16, 21:43)Hitcher Wrote: Do you have a controller connected to it?

Controller? Do you mean something like DualShock from PS4, or XBOX etc? Nope. I have only that accessories, that was included in the official NVIDIA SHIELD Pro 2019 box: NVIDIA SHIELD unit, remote control. This is only happening with Kodi 18.5. I have tested YouTube, player, IPLA, Google Play Shop, TVP Vod, FTP Server application and there is no such strange behavior. So it's something related with Kodi, when launching movie and stopping movie. When I start Kodi, everything is OK, when I am using menu of Kodi, settings is OK, only when I click play of the movie, then volume up +1, stopping movie volume up +1.

Sincerely

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - Hitcher - 2019-12-17

Maybe a debug log will show something.

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - UTAVATU - 2019-12-17

Dear Hitcher
(2019-12-17, 00:46)Hitcher Wrote: Maybe a debug log will show something.

I have set all settings in Kodi to factory default and when I start or stop movie there is no more such effect. So I have been checking for few hours every option, which may cause such problem and I found it Smile

When I set in Kodi audio passthrough and start or stop movie, the problem occurs +1 volume up. It's only happening, when I configure SHIELD remote control to set volume up and down for my Onkyo TX-NR686. When I disable such function in SHIELD, everything is OK. But I would like to use this option in remote control to ster up my Onkyo TX-NR686 volumes.

I though that it's maybe related with NVIDIA SHIELD options in Display and Sound, Advanced and there, where you may choose which audio should be decoded (Automatic/Manual/No decoding - PCM only). I have set it for manual and PCM only, but volume up +1 still exist.

I don't know why audio passthrough in Kodi and remote control of SHIELD are in conflict.

Maybe above description will tell you more. May you set in your SHIELD the same options to use remote control for your receiver or TV and then set in Kodi audio passthrough and just start or stop movie, and check if you have the same problem?

Sincerely

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - averylinden - 2019-12-17

I'm a new owner of a 2019 Shield Pro and wanted to add that I had the exact same problem with the volume control as UTAVATU. In my case the Shield is connected directly to the TV. I never did end up figuring it out (thanks for taking the time to do that UTAVATU). In the end I used a universal bluetooth remote (Logitech Harmony) to work around it.

NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - Hitcher - 2019-12-17

Again we'll need a full debug log to know what's going on.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Dear Hitcher

I will send you debug logs, when I come back from work. Please tell me, if there will be no my personal data, logins, passwords etc?

Basic, Advanced mode is the one in every settings on the bottom of it? I have Expert one, or it's something different and only in the Debug page in Kodi?

Sincerely

Dear Hitcher

(2019-12-17, 08:22)Hitcher Wrote: Again we'll need a full debug log to know what's going on.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

I hope, I did like you described, below you will find a proper link:

Debug Log from Kodi 18.5 - problem with increasing volume +1 after start and stop playing of movie

Please let me know, if you find a solution for this increasing volume +1.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Sincerely

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - amcfarla - 2019-12-17

I am curious if anyone has been able to reprogram the settings button on the remote to allow Kodi context menu to open like if you long press the select button?  'Send "menu" command to the app' option isn't working for Kodi.  Thank you.

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - lonewitness - 2019-12-17

Hi - Just got the 2019 shield but when I import my movies into Kodi I can't see any titles just posters and descriptions. Did anyone else encounter this?

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - peak3d - 2019-12-17

(2019-12-13, 13:10)UTAVATU Wrote: There is a chance, that HDR will work in YouTube

HDR YouTube is already working with the VP9 profiles. You have to enable VP9 HDR profiles in plugin.video.youtube settings.

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - m.r.f. - 2019-12-17

(2019-12-17, 18:58)peak3d Wrote:
(2019-12-13, 13:10)UTAVATU Wrote: There is a chance, that HDR will work in YouTube

HDR YouTube is already working with the VP9 profiles. You have to enable VP9 HDR profiles in plugin.video.youtube settings.

HDR Youtube working With VP9 profile 2.
Tegra X1 not suport VP9 profile 2.

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - dwalme - 2019-12-17

(2019-12-17, 18:58)peak3d Wrote:

Nvidia has already said they cannot do VP9 Profile 2 decoding which is required for YouTube HDR.

Keep in mind many videos with HDR in the title are not actually HDR (which is why they play correctly).

RE: NVIDIA Shield TV Pro (2019 new model) - fritsch - 2019-12-17

(2019-12-17, 01:53)UTAVATU Wrote: Dear Hitcher

I have set all settings in Kodi to factory default and when I start or stop movie there is no more such effect. So I have been checking for few hours every option, which may cause such problem and I found it Smile

When I set in Kodi audio passthrough and start or stop movie, the problem occurs +1 volume up. It's only happening, when I configure SHIELD remote control to set volume up and down for my Onkyo TX-NR686. When I disable such function in SHIELD, everything is OK. But I would like to use this option in remote control to ster up my Onkyo TX-NR686 volumes.

I though that it's maybe related with NVIDIA SHIELD options in Display and Sound, Advanced and there, where you may choose which audio should be decoded (Automatic/Manual/No decoding - PCM only). I have set it for manual and PCM only, but volume up +1 still exist.

I don't know why audio passthrough in Kodi and remote control of SHIELD are in conflict.

Maybe above description will tell you more. May you set in your SHIELD the same options to use remote control for your receiver or TV and then set in Kodi audio passthrough and just start or stop movie, and check if you have the same problem?

Sincerely 

There is exactly one point when doing Passthrough, where Android's Volume might be touched. Please make a backup of your kodi configuration and try this test-build: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM64/12515/artifact/kodi-20191217-9b48e644-PR17048-merge-arm64-v8a.apk

Volume Increase gone?

Dear fritsch

(2019-12-17, 21:45)fritsch Wrote:
(2019-12-17, 01:53)UTAVATU Wrote: Dear Hitcher

Sincerely 

There is exactly one point when doing Passthrough, where Android's Volume might be touched. Please make a backup of your kodi configuration and try this test-build: https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/Android-ARM64/12515/artifact/kodi-20191217-9b48e644-PR17048-merge-arm64-v8a.apk

Volume Increase gone?

Thank you. I will test it today, but please tell me, do I need to uninstall Kodi 18.5 before installing this new version?

In my earlier post I have attached link to Debug Log, did you review it?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely