Kodi Community Forum
Autostart slideshow - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Picture Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=265)
+--- Thread: Autostart slideshow (/showthread.php?tid=348609)

Autostart slideshow - jeniha - 2019-10-21

Hi to everyone,
how i can start slideshow after kodi is started?
And is there a way to auto update smb share?
Situations is this, i start simple slideshow with few pictures but overtime i need to put new ones, only way to refresh smb-share is to close and open folder in kodi and i need automatically to start kodi when something is wrong or i restart pc.

RE: Autostart slideshow - jackyle123 - 2020-03-24

[font][font]I also have the same question, and really need a guide with people who don't know like me. If possible please guide me how[/font][/font]

RE: Autostart slideshow - Video Titles - 2020-03-27

I am bored so I try and help you

1) slideshow I believe is skin related. You will need to find the settings for screensaver and adjust the timing, however it will not start as soon as you open kodi. Any screensaver needs more than 0 seconds to start.

2) I do not have pictures activated on my PC, so I am not sure if you get a media settings for pictures or not, such as you do video and music library.

3) To be honest, it is personal taste I suppose, but if I wanted pictures to be displayed as a screensaver, then I would not use Kodi. I would just use the built in screensaver from microgreed.

4) I set up a google picture sharing thing as I have a google home max so I have a 10 inch display. I was adding pictures to that, and they were not displaying, I literally had to do more rocket science than NASA to get the pictures to display. It might just be a picture bug on the internet that pictures never update, unless you do some black magic.

RE: Autostart slideshow - FXB78 - 2020-03-27

I know absolutely nothing about Pictures Slideshow but to execute a function on startup you can use https://kodi.wiki/view/Autoexec.py.

Maybe you could figure out the code required to get it to auto-start the Slideshow by looking here https://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions#Picture_built-in.27s

The execute on start up relates to video library not picture. If pictures were part and parcel, unless someone has not updated the wiki, it might not be an option, but anyhow, you still need at least 1 second, it is not instant. The splash screen etc comes on first.

The second part, not everyone is a Kodi rocket scientist, and they just want something plain and simple that works out of the box. If he has the ability to sit and read all of that and create some black magic, then good for him. However, not everyone can. I am a forty year computer user, longer than most have been alive, but due to old age, my level of understanding is way less than it used to be.

The wiki to some people, would just be a lot of gibberish, so sending someone there expecting them to say ah that is what I needed is never good.

(2020-03-27, 21:35)Video Titles Wrote: The execute on start up relates to video library not picture. If pictures were part and parcel, unless someone has not updated the wiki, it might not be an option, but anyhow, you still need at least 1 second, it is not instant. The splash screen etc comes on first.

The second part, not everyone is a Kodi rocket scientist, and they just want something plain and simple that works out of the box. If he has the ability to sit and read all of that and create some black magic, then good for him. However, not everyone can. I am a forty year computer user, longer than most have been alive, but due to old age, my level of understanding is way less than it used to be.

The wiki to some people, would just be a lot of gibberish, so sending someone there expecting them to say ah that is what I needed is never good.
1) Autoexec.py relates to built-in functions, not just video library, so you are wrong.
2) The wiki may be gibberish to some people, but also very helpful to others. Telling me to stop sending people there is just nonsense, how do you know the OP or any other user won't find it useful? To assume he won't be able to figure it out is just ridiculous. I'm not expecting anyone to "say ah that is what I needed" I'm just pointing them in a direction which may be helpful... that's the whole point of a forum.

1) The first wiki only makes reference to video library, favourites. 

2) I have already said and I will quote "The second part, not everyone is a Kodi rocket scientist"

I did not disagree with you and I did not agree with you either. I said that not everyone is a Kodi rocket scientist To some people the wiki is useful and to some it is not.

3) You say that is the whole point of the forum. I also tried helping him, however you are telling me that I am wrong, which is a bit of a double standard. However, unless I went trawling through wiki pages, I would sooner treat someone as a novice, especially if they have low post counts.

For anyone wanting to do this I did a quick check and these instructions should work for you:

Create a file named autoexec.py and place it in the userdata folder, the contents of the file should be as below (assuming default file location):
Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin('RecursiveSlideShow(/storage/pictures/,notrandom)')

You can adjust "/storage/pictures/" to suit whichever directory you are using to store your pictures.

RE: Autostart slideshow - VladimirVSh - 2023-01-16

Hi!
I used this option: autostart and RecursiveSlideShow. And it worked perfect! But it is a problem - the size of memory, not enough for big library (
And there is another problem: I cant put in RecursiveSlideShow net source.
Is it possible - use net source in RecursiveSlideShow ?