Kodi Community Forum
Node Editor - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Node Editor (/showthread.php?tid=348710)

Pages: 1 2 3

Node Editor - wcndave - 2019-10-25

I read the tutorial on nodes, and tried it out.
Copied from /usr/share/kodi/system/library to /storage/.kodi/userdata/library
removed a bunch of stuff just to check that it was actually going to read that location, and not the default one.
reloaded skin, nothing changed, reloaded system, nothing changed.

So, I used built in node editor instead.
removed studios and directors from movies, and reloaded
navigating to movies and/or videos still shows these
node editor continues to show them as gone.

I can't see that any way any kind of node editing is actually having an impact anywhere...

I was starting with this: https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_nodes

Any ideas?

RE: Node Editor - Karellen - 2019-10-25

If you delete a node from the Userdata location, Kodi falls back to the original location to find the same node. So deleting something to check it works is not the way to go.

Create a new node and see if it works.

In answer to the question in the other thread, Nodes do work, and you can set icons for each node. Here is an example node. Note the use of the icon, and also note the visibility condition...

xml:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="1" type="filter" visible="true">
<label>Rated G</label>
<content>movies</content>
<icon>C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\movies\mpaaratings\ratedg.png</icon>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
<group>none</group>
<rule field="mpaarating" operator="is">
<value>Australia:G</value>
</rule>
</node>

And this is what it looks like...

RE: Node Editor - jjd-uk - 2019-10-25

(2019-10-25, 10:58)Karellen Wrote: If you delete a node from the Userdata location, Kodi falls back to the original location to find the same node. So deleting something to check it works is not the way to go.

You 100% about that as it didn't used to work that way.

RE: Node Editor - wcndave - 2019-10-25

(2019-10-25, 10:58)Karellen Wrote: If you delete a node from the Userdata location, Kodi falls back to the original location to find the same node. So deleting something to check it works is not the way to go.

OK, thanks for the responses, I was half way through my reply when I hit control + w by accident and lost it all :-(

So, I was trying to follow the instructions on the wiki, however I guess that you need to create the copies and set visibility, rather than delete.
So, I tried again using the node editor instead.

Created a parent node called "kids"
Created two sub nodes, each with a rule.
The rule works, in that selecting either sub node brings back the results I expect.

However, when I added it to the main menu page, it doesn't work.
I added the parent node as an item.

It does work when touch/mouse is enabled, however as this is for a pi with a remote, that won't be an option for me.

See screenshots below

Created Parent Node "Kids"

Created Sub Nodes

With Rules that work

Used as widget item

Not possible to navigate to the two items...

I've read a lot of people asking how to create a simple navigation to different types of content, and there are lots of complex answers about nodes/smartlists/profiles etc... However I've not really seen anything that seems to work simply out of the can.  So I have searched and read a lot, but still I'm getting stuck - any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks again.

RE: Node Editor - the_other_guy - 2019-10-25

you will need the menus in movies library\video\movies
to do them i would pick path pick any then manualy editdelete sources// and add drive path

RE: Node Editor - jjd-uk - 2019-10-25

(2019-10-25, 14:18)jjd-uk Wrote: You 100% about that as it didn't used to work that way.

Just checked and indeed that does appear to be the case, however that's not how it's supposed to work as that doesn't given you the means to remove the existing nodes which you are meant to be able to do, so this seems like a bug to me in the Videos section as Music is behaving s it should be.

RE: Node Editor - Harro - 2019-10-25

I think a playlist for your rule on the node editor is pretty easy.

(2019-10-25, 17:43)jjd-uk Wrote: Just checked and indeed that does appear to be the case, however that's not how it's supposed to work as that doesn't given you the means to remove the existing nodes which you are meant to be able to do, so this seems like a bug to me in the Videos section as Music is behaving s it should be.
Yes, I thought it was unusual behaviour, but I rarely use nodes so was not sure.

@wcndave
I am looking at your third image titled "Used as widget item", and I have no idea how you accessed that screen. Are you using the default Estuary skin, or the mod version? Maybe it is a LibreELEC feature?

Don't forget that there are Context Menu options on nodes in the Nodes Editor...

RE: Node Editor - wcndave - 2019-10-27

(2019-10-25, 17:43)jjd-uk Wrote: Just checked and indeed that does appear to be the case, however that's not how it's supposed to work as that doesn't given you the means to remove the existing nodes which you are meant to be able to do, so this seems like a bug to me in the Videos section as Music is behaving s it should be. 

You can edit the visibility, and that hides it, and it doesn't look for the original, as it's found the copy, and processed it.  I think that's ok, once you understand it.

(2019-10-25, 18:43)Harro Wrote: I think a playlist for your rule on the node editor is pretty easy.
Yes, that's very close, however not quite what I wanted.  Maybe I am being fussy, however I have a Dune now, which can do anything I want, through just creating folders and links, and I want this to be family acceptable.  Given the Dune is £300 each odd, uses more power/space, and don't have watched and next up features, PIs and kodi seemed a better choice.

What I'd really like is for example:

Left menu = Movies, TV, Video

Under movies, have the following rows.
  • small categories (all other icons are "large")
  • Kids, Family, Other
  • in progress
  • recently added

TV:
  • small categories
  • Kids, Other
  • Next up

Video:
  • small categories
  • Music, special interest, sport
  • doc TV, doc Movies, Other
  • Home Movies

Here are the reasons I can't seem to do that with your example.
  1. Only categories can have icons, playlists can't
  2. Categories row cannot wrap (Otherwise I could well be done here)
  3. Adding a node as a widget shows the contents of the node, not a link to the node
  4. Adding a parent node as a widget shows the children, however you can't navigate to them (otherwise could set up the structure all with these nodes

Adding rows of nodes would do what I would like.
Or if the categories row would wrap.

(2019-10-25, 21:42)Karellen Wrote: @wcndave
I am looking at your third image titled "Used as widget item", and I have no idea how you accessed that screen. Are you using the default Estuary skin, or the mod version? Maybe it is a LibreELEC feature?
Skin -> customise main menu -> Videos -> set type to "widgets to personalise"
Then for widget one, I selected "video library -> kids folder -> use as widget" (as opposed to selecting a sub node)
This is all using estuary mod.

Thanks all!

RE: Node Editor - Harro - 2019-10-27

So are you using the default Estuary skin or the Estuary mod2 skin? If mod 2 I might be able to come up with what you want tomorrow. Busy today.

(2019-10-27, 19:04)Harro Wrote: So are you using the default Estuary skin or the Estuary mod2 skin? If mod 2 I might be able to come up with what you want tomorrow. Busy today.

Yes, using the mod2 skin, it would be incredible if there was a solution - could roll it out across the house!

RE: Node Editor - Harro - 2019-10-28

(2019-10-27, 20:09)wcndave Wrote:
(2019-10-27, 19:04)Harro Wrote: So are you using the default Estuary skin or the Estuary mod2 skin? If mod 2 I might be able to come up with what you want tomorrow. Busy today.

Yes, using the mod2 skin, it would be incredible if there was a solution - could roll it out across the house!  
Is this what you have in mind?

RE: Node Editor - wcndave - 2019-10-28

(2019-10-28, 18:09)Harro Wrote:
(2019-10-27, 20:09)wcndave Wrote:

Is this what you have in mind?

Hi, thanks for taking the time to try to help with this.
That's not really what I had in mind, I am ok to do that already ;-)

I guess my previous description was not accurate.

Under movies, have the following rows.
  • small categories (all other icons are "large") [A - Z] [Recently Added] [Genres]
  • Kids, Family, Other: [Kids Movies Icon -> launches list of kids movies] [Family Movies icon -> launches list of family movies]
  • in progress - as is
Video:
  • small categories
  • [Music -> links to all music videos], special interest, sport
  • doc TV, doc Movies, Other
  • Home Movies
So, the thing is that widgets shows the results of what you select, as a row.
I would like to have a page of icons so I can select one category on left menu, then select a sub category on main page.
So the "click-flow" might be:
  • Films, kids, > list <
  • Films, Other, > list <
  • Videos, TV Docs, > list <
If you have 100 tv documentaries, you don't want to horizontally scroll through that on the "home page".

Does that make sense?

Thanks, Dave