Kodi Community Forum
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] (/showthread.php?tid=349255)

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Varstahl - 2020-03-14

I'm not 100% sure. I believe it's an option for android-based devices where you could just disable that and let android figure it out by itself.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Roby77 - 2020-03-15

Thank you

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Jachin99 - 2020-03-19

Very few of the lists under tv shows are working for me. The only list that I have found that does work is Starz under the channels lists. Is there a way to fix this? My workaround for the time being is to either search for a show I want to watch or add it to my watchlists. I'm on windoes ten x64 and Kodi 18.5

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Varstahl - 2020-03-19

I'm not aware of any trouble with category listings. Attach the full log, more info on where to find the logs in the first post of this thread.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - piznajko - 2020-03-21

After installing this addon I noticed that it has a weird name: [DISCONTINUED] Amazon. I went to github repository and noticed that today, on March 21, 2020, Sandmann79 commited an update where he changed the name of the addon from Amazon to [DISCONTINUED] Amazon. Source: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/commit/36266c09a53eacb912aeebc709bc33cd7b7c9fca#diff-c0f656da6539d59d7e097599b9cd7705 . Does that mean that this addon is now discontinued?

On a side note, I have the follwoing issue with the addon: it connects me to Amazon.de (instead of Amazon.com, e.g., US version of APV) so I cannot watch anything, since my APV is for the US. I couldn't find anywhere in settings how to change the "server" etc. to use the Amazon.com version isntead of Amazon.de version. Any advice would be appreciated

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - piznajko - 2020-03-21

UPDATE: never mind, I think I figured it out: The "Sandmann79" package had 2 addons: 1) Amazon [Discontinued] and 2) Amazon VOD Addon. I guess the 1st one (which was discotninued today) only worked for Amazon.de Prime Video (e.g., German version of Amazon Prime Video).

Anyways, problem solved: just don't install that "German" version of the addon!

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Varstahl - 2020-03-22

Yes, as I said that addon was about to be deprecated from a while. Amazon VOD will be the one to be pushed in the main Kodi repos.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Reckoner89 - 2020-03-23

What is the reason this addon can only support 1080p? I use the Netflix addon and get full 4k/HDR/Dolby Vision support so I got excited when I read that the Amazon app uses a similar setup i.e. Input Stream and exporting to library etc. Then I was sad to find out 4k (and by extension HDR) is not supported. I'm guessing this is either Amazon or Google's fault? Really a shame because the prime video app is almost unusable with its atrocious UI.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Varstahl - 2020-03-23

Amazon and Google. Prime Video used to support FHD for TV series, now doesn't even support 720p on PC. Amazon's Prime Video UI sucks a ton and a half, and they knee-capped legitimate usage, by design (that's one way to reduce bandwidth consumption). Google's Widevine ain't much better either, it's pretty useless as a DRM, as piracy can decode 4k streams, but legitimate usage can't even get 720p on PC. 4k is somewhat supported on Android through libdrm, but as I never had anything to test it with I don't really have the specifics.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - snoopyjoe - 2020-03-23

I have notice that my channels (HBO, Starz) through Amazon Prime gives me 720p now verses the 576p it was before. I've never dug to deep into why but I run LibreElec 9.2.1 on a NUC with a J4105 chipset.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Roby77 - 2020-03-23

i made a test concerning page load speed of a new category (default item 40 x page)

Page load is worst on my nuc n3150 libreelec than a note i5 with windows 

another excuse to upgrade to j5005 Nuc Big Grin

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Varstahl - 2020-03-23

The biggest bottleneck is network speed. I understand that this is quite an issue for some people, and I know I say this often, but until I can find some time to work on it you'll have to make do :|

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Roby77 - 2020-03-23

(2020-03-23, 19:30)Varstahl Wrote: The biggest bottleneck is network speed. I understand that this is quite an issue for some people, anlid I know I say this often, but until I can find some time to work on it you'll have to make do :|

Not my case cause Nuc is connected via lan to a gigabit connection, windows note is connected via wifi N to the router 

or maybe libreelec need some tweaks like

https://github.com/LibreELEC/service.libreelec.settings/pull/148

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Varstahl - 2020-03-24

Not saying it was your case specifically, I was just saying that having everything cabled up to a gigabit switch, on a gigabit wan, I can't really evaluate the time it takes to scrape things on low speed connections (such as indians).

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Jachin99 - 2020-03-24

(2020-03-19, 02:23)Jachin99 Wrote: Very few of the lists under tv shows are working for me. The only list that I have found that does work is Starz under the channels lists. Is there a way to fix this? My workaround for the time being is to either search for a show I want to watch or add it to my watchlists. I'm on windoes ten x64 and Kodi 18.5

I changed how many items to load in my views from 250 to 60 and I get TV shows again.  I can't remember the exact setting but that was a quick check I did before pasting logs and it worked.