Kodi Community Forum
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] (/showthread.php?tid=349255)

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - sven945 - 2020-04-13

Forgive my ignorance (I'm pretty new to this), but I can't get this installed. I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4, with Libreelec 9.2.1 and Kodi 18.6. Whenever I try to install the add on it says "The dependency on xbmc.python version 3.0.0 could not be satisfied". I can't see any way to get Python 3 on this version, do I just have to wait until Kodi 19 comes out? (or install a beta version, which I probably won't risk). 

Thanks!

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - sven945 - 2020-04-13

(2020-04-13, 13:17)sven945 Wrote: Forgive my ignorance (I'm pretty new to this), but I can't get this installed. I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4, with Libreelec 9.2.1 and Kodi 18.6. Whenever I try to install the add on it says "The dependency on xbmc.python version 3.0.0 could not be satisfied". I can't see any way to get Python 3 on this version, do I just have to wait until Kodi 19 comes out? (or install a beta version, which I probably won't risk). 

Thanks!
Urm, I am being an idiot... Ignore this (I can't seem to see a delete button). I'd got both the versions for Leia and Matrix in the repository, and for some reason even when I selected the correct one it still tried to install the Matrix one. So I deleted that one and it's working.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - LongMan - 2020-04-14

(2020-04-13, 03:32)Jachin99 Wrote: Exporting to Kodi's library still works fine for me.  I simply creates a .strm file inside the addon's file structure.  I use this a lot with a few plugins.

I was not saying that the current process is not working. I was asking him to add support for MediaImport by adding a mediaimporter extension point to the addon.

Cheers,
LongMan

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Jachin99 - 2020-04-14

Ill add my support to that request as well then. Media import is still new but it can make life much easier when setting up multiple Kodi boxes

Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Sukhish - 2020-04-14

I assume that this plugin doesn't support 4k and hdr yet... Correct?

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Varstahl - 2020-04-14

@Sukhish incorrect. This plugin fully supports HDR, 4k and Dolby Surround, but playback is limited by Amazon & Google. 4k in particular requires certified hardware, so if you're running Kodi on a Firestick for example, no problem, but if you're running it on a RPi or a PC, you won't even get FHD.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Kamil66 - 2020-04-15

Hello how to have HDR with nevidia shiled with netflix puling I have hdr But with this one I can only have hd 1080 thank you

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Digimaster - 2020-04-15

(2020-04-12, 15:03)Varstahl Wrote: There might be a bug, you're using the wrong setting. Select "Riproduci con Browser" instead of "Riproduci con Script/Batch", followed by the browser of your choice. I don't know why that is displayed, it shouldn't. It's hard to help you if I don't know what you're trying to accomplish.

My goal is easy to say: use the "Play with Script/Batch" mode, in order to use it for automatic frame rate change. But, as you can see, it doesn't work. "Play with Browser" mode is ok and working but it's not an option for me.

Thanks for your help.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Varstahl - 2020-04-15

@Digimaster I understand, but in order to "play it with a script" you need to create the script, and then use it with the addon. The addon doesn't create scripts by itself. Something like:

bat:
@echo off
c:\dc64 %1
<pathToBrowser>\Chrome.exe %2

Or, if you're following the Readme and just want to launch the browser with the changed framerate, you need to actually change the command as per instructions in the Readme:

Code:
-refresh={f} "<BrowserExecutable>" -k "{u}"

(2020-04-15, 11:54)Kamil66 Wrote: Hello how to have HDR with nevidia shiled with netflix puling I have hdr But with this one I can only have hd 1080 thank you

As far as I know not every video in the PrimeVideo catalog has HDR support. At least yet.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Sukhish - 2020-04-15

(2020-04-14, 13:55)Varstahl Wrote: @Sukhish incorrect. This plugin fully supports HDR, 4k and Dolby Surround, but playback is limited by Amazon & Google. 4k in particular requires certified hardware, so if you're running Kodi on a Firestick for example, no problem, but if you're running it on a RPi or a PC, you won't even get FHD.
I'm running on firestick 4k, my Netflix addon works fine for hdr and 4k but didn't get the option on amazon addon, what am I missing?

I'll repeat it again:
  1. what happens with Netflix doesn't matter at all
  2. not all the content provided by Amazon has 4k
  3. not all the content provided by Amazon has HDR

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Sukhish - 2020-04-16

(2020-04-15, 16:55)Varstahl Wrote: I'll repeat it again:
  1. what happens with Netflix doesn't matter at all
  2. not all the content provided by Amazon has 4k
  3. not all the content provided by Amazon has HDR
Seriously dude? Ofcourse I know that, and it has been obvious I am only and only referring to the content which is 4k hdr enabled.... Which as of now only works in 1080p. I am not comparing Amazon to Netflix man, my point being that I was able to stream 4k hdr content in Netflix but in amazon plugin it's only stream in 1080p.... Hope this clarifies...

If there are some settings to enable the same, please let me know. Thanks.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Varstahl - 2020-04-16

(2020-04-16, 01:16)Sukhish Wrote: Seriously dude?

You don't really want to know how many times I've had to restate the obvious in the past few years, trust me. In any case iirc you can enable 4k on Nvidia Shield by enabling HDCP Override on InputStream.Adaptive. That should be enough, but not having one I'm not 100% sure.

RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - Sukhish - 2020-04-16

(2020-04-16, 11:06)Varstahl Wrote:
(2020-04-16, 01:16)Sukhish Wrote: Seriously dude?

You don't really want to know how many times I've had to restate the obvious in the past few years, trust me. In any case iirc you can enable 4k on Nvidia Shield by enabling HDCP Override on InputStream.Adaptive. That should be enough, but not having one I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah mate I can understand your pain, however HDCP override is on but I'm still not getting 4k. Just to point out, I'm not using nvidia shield, I'm using firestick 4k