Kodi Community Forum
Release TVDB - TV Show scraper (XML) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: TV Show Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=305)
+----- Thread: Release TVDB - TV Show scraper (XML) (/showthread.php?tid=349385)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - DNKK - 2021-03-16

@Karellen  Have thetvdb decided to take over the plugin any news in this regard?

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - Karellen - 2021-03-16

(2021-03-16, 08:19)DNKK Wrote: Have thetvdb decided to take over the plugin any news in this regard?
Yes they have. They expect to start development some time after April.

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - tjomma - 2021-04-09

How can I completely DISABLE "The TVDB" add-on or remove it from 18.9? And/or set another scraper as the default, e.g. "TMDb TV Shows". There is not an uninstall option available and the   "The TVDb" disable button is also greyed out, and for some reason doesn't crape my shows correctly anymore. The only way to scrape TV shows now is to manually change each show's folder option to another scraper and this takes a lot of time.

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - Karellen - 2021-04-09

(2021-04-09, 11:43)tjomma Wrote: How can I completely DISABLE "The TVDB" add-on or remove it from 18.9?
You don't need to remove it. A scraper does not do anything unless you have it set to scrape on a Source.

To change scrapes, follow the image to 5b and adjust scraper settings in 5c...

(2021-04-09, 11:43)tjomma Wrote: The only way to scrape TV shows now is to manually change each show's folder option to another scraper and this takes a lot of time.
Ah, if you have done that, you have just made life very difficult for yourself. Now you can no longer set a scraper on a source for all your tv shows. You have overridden that function by setting a scraper on a TV Show, so now you need to continue to change each tv show.

If you are having problems scraping, then provide a Debug Log and I might spot the problem.

Also, don't duplicate your posts.

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - tjomma - 2021-04-09

(2021-04-09, 12:02)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-04-09, 11:43)tjomma Wrote: How can I completely DISABLE "The TVDB" add-on or remove it from 18.9?
You don't need to remove it. A scraper does not do anything unless you have it set to scrape on a Source.

(2021-04-09, 11:43)tjomma Wrote: The only way to scrape TV shows now is to manually change each show's folder option to another scraper and this takes a lot of time.
Ah, if you have done that, you have just made life very difficult for yourself. Now you can no longer set a scraper on a source for all your tv shows. You have overridden that function by setting a scraper on a TV Show, so now you need to continue to change each tv show.

If you are having problems scraping, then provide a Debug Log and I might spot the problem.

Thank you Karellen, it seems to be working!!  Blush Even on the folders I selected manually to use another scraper. It completely wiped the TV Shows entries and started rebuilding the entire list. Will know in a few hours if everything is now fine! Thanks again for the help!

Apologies for the duplicate post! When I saw this thread i thought it may be a better fit, but by that time the entry was already removed form the other thread.  Sad

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - tjomma - 2021-04-11

(2021-04-09, 15:22)tjomma Wrote:
(2021-04-09, 12:02)Karellen Wrote:

Thank you Karellen, it seems to be working!!  Blush Even on the folders I selected manually to use another scraper. It completely wiped the TV Shows entries and started rebuilding the entire list. Will know in a few hours if everything is now fine! Thanks again for the help!

Apologies for the duplicate post! When I saw this thread i thought it may be a better fit, but by that time the entry was already removed form the other thread.  Sad
Ok, SUCCESS! It seems as if all the TV shows were scraped successfully using Karellen's method of changing the Information provider in VIDEOS > FILES > TV Shows. A bonus was that it retained the entries of all the previously watched episodes! It also seems to successfully scrape all new shows on startup. 

I'm still curious though why "The TVDB" add-on stopped working? This happened before I installed 19.0.

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - thekow - 2021-04-15

Do i need to use a new scraper?
I heard that TVDB was removing api access soon etc.

I keep getting "unable to connect to remote server" the logs say
2021-04-15 12:27:51.604 T:139660293822208   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://api.thetvdb.com/login:
2021-04-15 12:27:51.604 T:139660293822208   ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site
2021-04-15 12:27:51.608 T:139665249949824   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogConfirm.xml) ------

If i continue sometimes it will go on and finish but most times now it comes up with that.

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - Karellen - 2021-04-15

(2021-04-15, 04:32)thekow Wrote: I keep getting "unable to connect to remote server" the logs say
Can you post the full log at Kodi Paste Site.

After enabling debug mode, and you also enable Component Logging and select libcURL

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - jeffski10 - 2021-04-23

I get the unable to parse error appear in my log as well.  Run with debug.    https://paste.kodi.tv/himamepura.kodi      

Wonder if the multiple failures cause a firewall on Cloudfront to start rejecting other requests for protection.

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - Billy - 2021-05-20

The unable to parse error started happening to me again today on kodi 19.1

Edit: works again today. Stand down Smile

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - rscpl - 2021-06-13

Is it possible to set this scraper to use translitered titles instead translated (English) ones? I mean, they exist as aliases in TVDB, so it shouldn't be impossible to take 1st alias as title in theory.

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - userx404 - 2021-08-05

Hello.
I was seeking for a solution on my own for a while but hadn't found something neither the correct spot to place my issue. Maybe someone of you can lead me to the intended place.
I'm using Kodi 18.9 on my raspberry (LE 9.2.8) with the TVDB scrapper (3.2.8) and have troubles fetching the IMDB ratings.
Shows are scrapped without any problems except the imdb ratings.
I dug through the logs and it looks like the id (tt.....) gets fetched from tvdb server but couldn't get retrieved from imdb.com.
This could possibly be caused by changes at imdb website.

Has anyone encountered similar troubles? Is a fix in progress or how to fix this?
Thanks!

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - beeswax - 2021-08-29

(2021-03-16, 08:28)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-16, 08:19)DNKK Wrote: Have thetvdb decided to take over the plugin any news in this regard?
Yes they have. They expect to start development some time after April.

Looks like I'm way behind with news on this topic, only just learned this today.  All legacy APIs are being retired on October the 1st, less than 5 weeks from now - has any more information been supplied on what happens to the addon then?

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - Karellen - 2021-08-29

(2021-08-29, 11:18)beeswax Wrote: Looks like I'm way behind with news on this topic, only just learned this today.  All legacy APIs are being retired on October the 1st, less than 5 weeks from now - has any more information been supplied on what happens to the addon then?
All the current Team-Kodi scrapers that use TVDB will be marked as broken and will stop working. This includes the XEM scraper

TVDB are creating their own scraper for v19 only. They have stated it is almost complete, but I have not seen it yet to test.

RE: TVDB - TV Show scraper - SnaKe_C64 - 2021-09-14

(2021-08-05, 17:39)userx404 Wrote: Hello.
I was seeking for a solution on my own for a while but hadn't found something neither the correct spot to place my issue. Maybe someone of you can lead me to the intended place.
I'm using Kodi 18.9 on my raspberry (LE 9.2.8) with the TVDB scrapper (3.2.8) and have troubles fetching the IMDB ratings.
Shows are scrapped without any problems except the imdb ratings.
I dug through the logs and it looks like the id (tt.....) gets fetched from tvdb server but couldn't get retrieved from imdb.com.
This could possibly be caused by changes at imdb website.

Has anyone encountered similar troubles? Is a fix in progress or how to fix this?
Thanks!
Hi everybody,
i've similar issue: scraping tvshow with tvdb works but results is shown with no ratings. Refreshing ratings with light imdb ratings update not produce effect; seems that light imdb ratings update is not updating even movie section.
I'm using Kodi 17.6 Krypton

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.