Kodi Community Forum
Android Quick Decision Device / Black Friday :D - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Quick Decision Device / Black Friday :D (/showthread.php?tid=349675)

Quick Decision Device / Black Friday :D - wargo - 2019-11-30

Hello,

my needs: Kodi with external hard drive plugged in with all my movies (1080p no 4k) AND Youtube Kids for my little one. No other Streaming, No Netflix etc.

- Firestick 4k on sale for €40 euros
- Mecool KM3 on sale on Gearbest for €60.14 (ALSO I can see there is the KM3 but also KM9 and M8S any help?)
- Nvidia Shield tv 2019 (not Pro) doesn't have USB port, can it be added like the firestick with an otg cable?

- Other suggestions (Mi Box?)

Thanks!

RE: Quick Decision Device / Black Friday :D - southlegend - 2019-11-30

Any need for HD Audio passthrough?

Get the Fire Stick if not. It’ll be the cheapest one by far on today’s pricing. You’ll need an OTG cable for your hard-drive but those are cheap.

RE: Quick Decision Device / Black Friday :D - wrxtasy - 2019-11-30

(2019-11-30, 10:59)wargo Wrote: Hello,

my needs: Kodi with external hard drive plugged in with all my movies (1080p no 4k) AND Youtube Kids for my little one. No other Streaming, No Netflix etc.

- Mecool KM3 on sale on Gearbest for €60.14 (ALSO I can see there is the KM3 but also KM9 and M8S any help?)
- Nvidia Shield tv 2019 (not Pro) doesn't have USB port, can it be added like the firestick with an otg cable?

Thanks!

All you need is the 4GB Mecool KM3 or KM9 Pro. They are great bang for the buck and snappy too.
Both are Google Certified and have all the necessary DRM's if you encounter any copy protected video streams.

Plus USB3 support on such devices and you get a fast snappy remote that will work well. Smile

And as a bonus, they can both Dual boot and run a kick ass CoreELEC Kodi Leia if you want to do some DIY down the track. Smile

RE: Quick Decision Device / Black Friday :D - wargo - 2019-11-30

(2019-11-30, 11:34)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-11-30, 10:59)wargo Wrote: Hello,

Thanks!

All you need is the 4GB Mecool KM3 or KM9 Pro. They are great bang for the buck and snappy too.
Both are Google Certified and have all the necessary DRM's if you encounter any copy protected video streams.

Plus USB3 support on such devices and you get a fast snappy remote that will work well. Smile

And as a bonus, they can both Dual boot and run a kick ass CoreELEC Kodi Leia if you want to do some DIY down the track. Smile 
Boom, bought it! Thanks

Any tutorial for the dual boot?

Thanks