Kodi Community Forum
Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Music Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263)
+--- Thread: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature (/showthread.php?tid=349695)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - Chasewood333 - 2021-07-24

Thanks.  That's what I needed. 
By the way, after a lot of fiddling about with various ways to set tags (Basically using Bliss), I managed to convince the albums to look like the 2CD set.  They are now displaying and playing as a set.  What's also neat is when I go to the Artist view for Glenn Gould, I find the 2CD set and a boxed set of 12 discs, the "All Discs" option will let me play all 14 discs in order.  That is really cool.

[PatK] URL referrer knocked out and duplicate text erased [mod edit]  Official:Forum rules (wiki)

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - dm21912 - 2021-08-06

Run into an issue today with sets where 2 discs have the same title. 

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass - 50th Anniversary

Disc 1 - 2020 Stereo Mixes
Disc 2 - 2020 Stereo Mixes
Disc 3 - Day 1 Demos
Disc 4 - Day 2 Demos
Disc 5 - Session Outtakes

https://musicbrainz.org/release/6ee2251b-00f3-4b02-badd-06f31fc24636

Its scanning disc 1, 3, 4 and 5, but completely ignoring disc 2 on import

To get disc 2 to appear I had to rename disc 1 & 2 as "2020 stereo mixes - disc 1" and "2020 stereo mixes - disc 2"

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - black_eagle - 2021-08-06

(2021-08-06, 20:45)dm21912 Wrote: Its scanning disc 1, 3, 4 and 5, but completely ignoring disc 2 on import

Are you sure it's not combining discs 1 & 2 into one disc (1)?  That would be the default behaviour where the names are exactly the same.

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - dm21912 - 2021-08-15

(2021-08-06, 21:14)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-08-06, 20:45)dm21912 Wrote: Its scanning disc 1, 3, 4 and 5, but completely ignoring disc 2 on import

Are you sure it's not combining discs 1 & 2 into one disc (1)?  That would be the default behaviour where the names are exactly the same.

nope, it wasnt showing any of the disc 2 stuff under disc 1. that was the behaviour i expected as well.

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - black_eagle - 2021-08-16

(2021-08-15, 20:18)dm21912 Wrote: nope, it wasnt showing any of the disc 2 stuff under disc 1. that was the behaviour i expected as well.

Yeah, there is a bug where the second disc will not be grouped with the first, in spite of the title being the same.  This only happens with the first disc.  I can reproduce it so I will see if I can fix it.

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - black_eagle - 2021-08-17

@dm21912 PR raised against Nexus to fix this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20052 and backport of the fix https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20053 to v19.2  Just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with the scanning or the db, so you won't need to re-scan or anything.  Once v19.2 is released then you'll see those first two discs correctly combined into the one.

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - jjd-uk - 2021-08-25

(2020-02-27, 09:47)black_eagle Wrote: Note for skinners

When viewing the 'discs' the sort method is set to 'disc' (although discs cannot be sorted). This can be leveraged to display the actual disc art instead of the covers. I've done this so opening an album shows me the discs inside and is as close as I can virtually get to actually opening a CD or boxset.

@black_eagle Going by this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262603&pid=3054793#pid3054793 I assume you didn't add this ability to default Estuary? and that what you show is your own mod?

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - jjd-uk - 2021-08-25

Also, is Discart something that can now be scraped with all the artwork changes in v19? or is it still something that relies on you having local images already downloaded? I ask because I took a brief look at that request, but couldn't work out how to add discart from an online source via Kodi if you don't already have it.

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - black_eagle - 2021-08-25

(2021-08-25, 15:47)jjd-uk Wrote: Going by this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3054793 I assume you didn't add this ability to default Estuary? and that what you show is your own mod?

Yes, that's correct.
(2021-08-25, 15:52)jjd-uk Wrote: Also, is Discart something that can now be scraped with all the artwork changes in v19?
Should be yes.  At the very least, the generic (python) album scraper supports discart from fanart.tv which includes support for multi-disc albums.  Discart can also be scraped from tadb, but that doesn't appear to support multi-disc album art.

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - dm21912 - 2021-09-21

(2021-08-17, 14:11)black_eagle Wrote: @dm21912 PR raised against Nexus to fix this https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20052 and backport of the fix https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20053 to v19.2  Just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with the scanning or the db, so you won't need to re-scan or anything.  Once v19.2 is released then you'll see those first two discs correctly combined into the one.
Apologies for the late reply but thanks for this. I think its probably quite a rare occurrence (likely limited to box sets where the original album release was 2 discs - which is why ATMP was the first of mine to trigger it), but thank you Big Grin

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - Chasewood333 - 2021-10-10

I'm having problems with a 2-disc album set.  Sarah Vaugan - Sophisticated Lady.
It looks to me as if the tags are all correct.  The folder runs through Bliss without issue and the layout of the files within the folder look sensible.
After loading the folder into Kodi, however, the order in which the tracks disply,  the numbering of the tracks, the discs to whcih the tracks are assigned and some of the track names appear differently and in a different order.
That happens in Album view, Artist view and File view.
I don't have this problem with any of my other album sets (I have around a couple of dozen of those).  The only thing about this set might be some of the tracks are different versions of the same songs, so have the same or very similar track names.
All the tracks seem to be there, only with some wrong track numbers, some wrong track names and dispaying in the wrong order.
Any ideas anyone?

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - Karellen - 2021-10-10

(2021-10-10, 21:58)Chasewood333 Wrote: All the tracks seem to be there, only with some wrong track numbers, some wrong track names and dispaying in the wrong order.
All that data comes from the embedded tags. File names and folder names are not used at all.
First step is to check your tags, and you should find they match what you are seeing in Kodi.

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - Darwock - 2021-10-12

I discovered the boxset/multi-disc feature recently and have been rejigging my library for those albums that benefit. It’s worked great for a bunch of titles (Tangerine Dream boxset, Big star’s Complete Third) so far, clicking on the cover of the set brings up each individual disc within, with unique artwork and titles. These are all FLAC files, tagged in mp3tag with ‘discsubtitle’ names and ‘releasetype’ tagged as boxset.

However there is a problem with a collection of mp3 files. The boxset function works, the individual covers show up with everything grouped correctly, but the disc titles don’t show. I just get generic ‘Disc 1’ etc. I’m aware that mp3tag uses the ‘setsubtitle’ tag, but that didn’t work. I downloaded Picard and used that to set discsubtitle, still didn’t work. I also tried setting TSST in mp3tag, no joy either. The tags are there but Kodi isn’t reading them?

The files in question are from Prince’s NPG music club service that ran 20 years ago - they were provided monthly and only in mp3 format, so I wanted to group them as ‘February 2001’, ‘March 2001’ etc. There are no higher quality sources available (except to whoever’s handling his estate I suppose). They show only as Disc 1, Disc 2 which is not accurate at all, there were no discs.

I suppose I could re-encode them to FLAC just for the tagging benefits, but that messes with my OCD given that they are not actually in lossless quality.

Any ideas?

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - Sylfest - 2021-10-12

(2021-10-12, 16:47)Darwock Wrote: However there is a problem with a collection of mp3 files. The boxset function works, the individual covers show up with everything grouped correctly, but the disc titles don’t show. I just get generic ‘Disc 1’ etc. I’m aware that mp3tag uses the ‘setsubtitle’ tag, but that didn’t work. I downloaded Picard and used that to set discsubtitle, still didn’t work. I also tried setting TSST in mp3tag, no joy either. The tags are there but Kodi isn’t reading them?

I used Tagscanner to set the SETSUBTITLE tag for mp3. That worked and showed the discsubtitle correct in Kodi.

RE: Managing music albums Box-Sets properly with KODI library feature - Darwock - 2021-10-13

I will try it, thanks - not optimistic though because the tag is correct - if I tag it in Picard (using DISCSUBTITLE) when I look at the extended tags in mp3tag I see the data listed there under SETSUBTITLE.

The failure appears to be on the Kodi side? I will try it before making assumptions though.

edit - so I loaded up the folders in Tagscanner, and could see that SETSUBTITLE was already filled in with the values I wanted. I did it again and saved just in case.

It worked! Something weird about the tag created by the other two apps then?