Kodi Community Forum
Calibrate/Adjust UI size, (stretch or shrink) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Calibrate/Adjust UI size, (stretch or shrink) (/showthread.php?tid=35)

Pages: 1 2

- taYZor - 2003-10-02

it may just be my crappy old tv, but in xpmc (also in xbmp) the edges of the ui get cut off. for this reason i think it would be good to have an option to 're-size' on top of the already present 're-postion' tool under 'settings -> screen -> ui calibration'.

i have thought about making a skin which places everything inside my viewable area, but this isn't really fixing the problem, only circumventing it.

any feedback would be appreciated.

- GeeZuZz - 2004-03-10

is it possible to adjust the height/width of the ui?

i can adjust it for the movies in "screen calib." but in "ui calibration" i can only move it around on screen, not adjust it so that it fits.

or have i missed something?

- Batnun - 2004-03-10

same problem here...

- Hullebulle - 2004-03-10

its not possible to chnage the size of the gui (only to move it into all directions in the settings screen).

most isues like this are due to tvs with a big overscan.

if you can, try it on another tv to verify.

- kraqh3d - 2004-03-10

i have a bad overscan problem on my television too... i understand the issue with defining the screen size for the ui and how it would screw up the fonts and graphics.

the new default skin is in pal at 720x576. xbmc autoscales the relative position of the items in the skin based on your screen configuration, right? otherwise the ui would be alot larger than would fit on my ntsc tv at 720x480.

if this is the case, why not add an option to define a custom screen resolution and then autoscale the relative positions using that new size?

- jsevakis - 2004-03-10

i think the problem is that the gui's don't follow "title safety" requirements. a little adjustment for this would go a long way towards tv compatibility. (all tv's have some overscan, just some more than others.)

- invader zog - 2004-03-10

(geezuzz @ mar. 10 2004,00:19 Wrote:is it possible to adjust the height/width of the ui?

i can adjust it for the movies in "screen calib." but in "ui calibration" i can only move it around on screen, not adjust it so that it fits.

or have i missed something?
i have the same problem.

tv is a sony wega 36xbr

- tdfsu - 2004-03-11

is there any way to fix this? i am having this problem also.

-j.

- Butcher - 2004-03-11

get the skinners to not put stuff too near the edges of the skins is the way to fix this. Wink

- ZeBadger - 2004-03-20

i've got a widescreen pal tv and i've set the xbox to 16:9 pal 60.

when i go into ui calibration i only seem to be able to position it and not resize. there is a substantial amount of ui outside the viewable screen.

eg. when fast forwarding i cannot see the number in the blue circle that appears on the top right.

it is possible to resize the ui? i've tried holding buttons down when moving it.

- pike - 2004-03-20

i dont got a ws tv, but i think this is skin related. if you try a skin that is adapted for ws like project mayhem ws edition perhaps that will solve your problems.

edit: fixed bad link

- ZeBadger - 2004-03-20

does that mean that the ui is not resizeable via the calibration screen.

i really like the default skin, it would be a shame to have to use another one.

- Hullebulle - 2004-03-20

(zebadger @ mar. 20 2004,21:22 Wrote:does that mean that the ui is not resizeable via the calibration screen.

i really like the default skin, it would be a shame to have to use another one.
corec. you only can move it but not resize.

- ignifercarnifex - 2004-09-05

i'd love it if they fixed the gui calibration so that it asked you for top-left and bottom-right corner coordinates. that would be swell.

is there a reason why the gui cannot be scaled like video output?

- pike - 2004-09-05

well... a video gets scaled, and however difficult that is to code properly, imagine how difficult it would be with all elements that a skin consist of... :nuts: