Kodi Community Forum
Issues in 18.x (Leia) that doesn't exist in previous versions - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Video Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=264)
+--- Thread: Issues in 18.x (Leia) that doesn't exist in previous versions (/showthread.php?tid=350176)

Issues in 18.x (Leia) that doesn't exist in previous versions - pjo65 - 2019-12-17

Hi!
This is not an actual support question/case but just a note of stuff that is strange in Kodi 18.x. I just what to know if i'm the only one with these issues:
Vido playback
# Play next from library or from file list doesn't work if video named in a certain way.
Example: QI-s04e01-Danger.mp4 will not continue to QI-s04e02-Discoveries.mp4 these will have to be renamed to (f.ex) QI.s04e01.Danger.mp4 and will continue to QI.s04e02.Discoveries.mp4
I have renamed the files and re-scraped so .....
# DVD iso not showing subtitles  when played from library. When playing from video/files the will be presented.
I was thinking about unpacking and re-scraping but .... will be be a lot of work for something that should be working as it has been working before.

Note that 14.x -17.6 has no issues what ever to play these files and with 18 it has been a problem from beginning.
Multiple computer has been used and os has been win7, win10 and libreelec.

As stated this is more of a curiosity question.

Thanks in advance

/Patrik

RE: Issues in 18.x (Leia) that doesn't exist in previous versions - pjo65 - 2020-01-14

(2019-12-17, 10:04)pjo65 Wrote: Hi!
This is not an actual support question/case but just a note of stuff that is strange in Kodi 18.x. I just what to know if i'm the only one with these issues:
Vido playback
# Play next from library or from file list doesn't work if video named in a certain way.
Example: QI-s04e01-Danger.mp4 will not continue to QI-s04e02-Discoveries.mp4 these will have to be renamed to (f.ex) QI.s04e01.Danger.mp4 and will continue to QI.s04e02.Discoveries.mp4
# DVD iso not showing subtitles  when played from library. When playing from video/files the will be presented.
I was thinking about unpacking and re-scraping but .... will be be a lot of work for something that should be working as it has been working before.

Note that 14.x -17.6 has no issues what ever to play these files and with 18 it has been a problem from beginning.

Thanks in advance

/Patrik
I have now got infoe regading the issues at hand:
Play next is solved by: setting audio output to fixed (not optimized or any other setting) and also disable spoity addon.
My original post was wrong (renaming and stuff) and this is the solution.

I have encountered anothe problem though: Leia 18.5 playing dvd iso's from library shows subtile "hollow" with yellow border. Playing from files => as expected

RE: Issues in 18.x (Leia) that doesn't exist in previous versions - pjo65 - 2020-01-14

(2020-01-14, 13:20)pjo65 Wrote:
Vido playback

Thanks in advance

/Patrik
Play next is solved by: setting audio output to fixed (not optimized or any other setting) and also disable spoity addon.

I have encountered anothe problem though: Leia 18.5 playing dvd iso's from library shows subtile "hollow" with yellow border. Playing from files => as expected 
But the subtitle issue: i'm beginning to believe that this is an libreelec issue. Playing from windows based machines produces correct subtile.

RE: Issues in 18.x (Leia) that doesn't exist in previous versions - pjo65 - 2020-02-10

(2020-01-14, 13:30)pjo65 Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 13:20)pjo65 Wrote:
Vido playback

Thanks in advance

/Patrik

But the subtitle issue: i'm beginning to believe that this is an libreelec issue. Playing from windows based machines produces correct subtile. 

Here is a link to my post at libreelec forum: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/21259-subtitle-issues/?postID=133762&highlight=subtitle#post133762