Kodi Community Forum
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries) (/showthread.php?tid=35027)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- Kprojekt - 2008-07-28

djh_ Wrote:Image

It would be absolutely awesome if XBMC could support frosty glass effects. Your skin would benefit from it!Nod

- onesojourner - 2008-07-28

djh_ Wrote:Image

That is great. This skin is not alpha software any more.

- pletopia - 2008-07-28

djh_ Wrote:Applauds previous post.

This is how I'm hoping Showcase will look if/when we get media flags. I'm thinking a trio of picture resolution, audio format and subtitles should do it, though maybe I'm missing something.

(Hacked up a poster in PS for the backdrop. Came out rather well, I think.)

just registered .. wanted to say great job djh .. love the work your doing .. this is the only skin i have installed on my box (other then pm3 .. hehe .. but who uses that ?)

anyway .. i love those media tags .. is that gonna be dependent on xbmc integrating it into future builds ?

- budwize - 2008-07-28

those media tags is something ive been awaiting for now it look slike thre could be some light at the end of the tunnel for thier possible future Smile

- Livin - 2008-07-28

djh,
That will be fantastic. One thing... I think the bg image on the day/time is really not matching the theme anymore. does not "blend" ... just my $0.02

- joncgde2 - 2008-07-28

does anyone else other than me think the tags are slightly word-intensive? especially writing out the whole "high definition"... would it be simpler (and easier when glancing at movie info) to have small tags, or small icons to show these attributes? to me, too many words everywhere doesn't make it easy for the eye to pick up details at a quick glance.

- Competes2win - 2008-07-28

@djh, concerning those media flags, my opinion would actually to be to make them much more subtle somehow, only because they kind of look like pressable buttons rather than the informative tags that they are. just a thought.

looking great man.

- pletopia - 2008-07-28

Is it just me .. or does anyone else feel like there should be a standalone library manager for all this extra stuff .. especially if tags get involved .. hehe

there's the standard info from imdb, posters, fanart, trailers, tags hopefully

- AaronD - 2008-07-28

I agree with the last few posts. I think the media flags would look better as more subtle flags on the main content, rather than really "out there" text based tags.

And I agree that as designed they look like buttons that should be clicked.

- joncgde2 - 2008-07-28

What about something like this? Obviously I have no design skills lol, but sometimes logos make things easier to pick up at a mere glance.

P.S. The "CC" stands for closed captioning, aka subtitles.

- UND3R ACHI3V3R - 2008-07-28

I love that look joncgde2. Very cool maybe a little too gold though? Tongue

- kakamenuvelet - 2008-07-28

gold doesn't fit. but I agree that icons catch the eye better.
I think that there should be a difference between 720p to 1080p though.

- Sonofthor - 2008-07-28

The icons do look good. But perhaps black instead of gold. More functional than eye-catching.

Love the skin though. Using it on a Mac, so I think we're a few versions behind with features such as fan-art for movies. I'm looking forward to catching up.

- budwize - 2008-07-28

yeah those icons arent too bad t all. jsut a tad gold liek otehrs say
i dovery much like the idea though to have the difference set between 720p and 1080p
would be nice

- djh_ - 2008-07-28

Kprojekt Wrote:It would be absolutely awesome if XBMC could support frosty glass effects. Your skin would benefit from it!Nod

Benefit from it? It was built for it.

I have a whole load of concept stuff for depth of field and glass blur effects in more or less every window. It's Aeon's secret weapon!

joncgde2: I see what you're getting at with those icons, but I'm pretty set on the original ones, tbh. Also, the position of your icons leaves the bottom of the screen bare (where it was deliberately left for the media flags) and restricts the lengths of those title and info labels.