Kodi Community Forum
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there) (/showthread.php?tid=35028)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

- xb2iris - 2008-07-30

chrisdaniels Wrote:@xb2iris: the movie fanart only works in the latest t3ch build btw.
I've just found some more dvd playing probs (movie playing but not showing) in this reversion so maybe other bugs are present regarding the fanart.

going to try a few things today... firstly, downgrade my xbmc build, because i'm using the latest, and maybe it's an issue with this build... then, i'm gonna check for memory issues, because who knows if that's the issue in the end... changing images to bmp's... downsizing them and movie posters... the whole chabang... hopefully, by the end of today... it'll be rosy... if not... list view's gonna have to do... lets see what happens!

- xb2iris - 2008-07-30

Lowie007 Wrote:Was having serious issues getting mine to function properly.

Have you tried setting your resolution to 720 instead of auto? Found mine was defaulting to 1080 and was causing all sorts of memory issues.

On a side note, when setting to 720 I also had to change my video player resolution to 720. Otherwise it was also defaulting to 1080, so when playing a video my display was momentarily blanking as my receiver switched between resolutions.

mine's set to 720... but i'm gonna go lower than to see if it helps... i'm gonna downgrade the lot... kill the cache and start from scratch... so, hopefully, my baby looks as good as urs... nice backdrops by the way!

- digitalhigh - 2008-07-30

To everyone having trouble getting backdrops to work on their Xbox, do the following:

1. Get the newest T3CH build of XBMC. (T3CH XBMC 2008-07-28 SVN rev14439). This works FOR SURE.

2. Get the newest release of Aeon. http://www.aeonproject.com/downloads/builds/Aeon_ALPHA14.zip

3. Make sure your skins are set to 720p, and that (if the filename is "12-monkeys.avi" then the fanart should be "12-monkeys-fanart.jpg") the filenames are set correctly. I don't think fanart will auto-detect if the movie is .rared.

4. Reset all Aeon settings by going to the misc tab in options.

I tried for well over a week or two to get fanart going, and after doing all of the above, I now have it running smoothly. 7-year-old technology my butt. Big Grin

- xb2iris - 2008-07-30

digitalhigh Wrote:To everyone having trouble getting backdrops to work on their Xbox, do the following:

1. Get the newest T3CH build of XBMC. (T3CH XBMC 2008-07-28 SVN rev14439). This works FOR SURE.

2. Get the newest release of Aeon. http://www.aeonproject.com/downloads/builds/Aeon_ALPHA14.zip

3. Make sure your skins are set to 720p, and that (if the filename is "12-monkeys.avi" then the fanart should be "12-monkeys-fanart.jpg") the filenames are set correctly. I don't think fanart will auto-detect if the movie is .rared.

4. Reset all Aeon settings by going to the misc tab in options.

I tried for well over a week or two to get fanart going, and after doing all of the above, I now have it running smoothly. 7-year-old technology my butt. Big Grin

A few questions... what is the resolution of ur backdrops and fanart... 1280x720?... and what format are they?...

and movie posters, what setting did you use when scraping movie posters... 192?

- djh_ - 2008-07-30

This should be reiterated for its importance:

If you're running XBMC in 1080i on an Xbox, you're fucked. End of. Never in my experience has XBMC run even half-decently at that resolution - it can't even keep the animation speeds up in PMIII. So if you're running Aeon at it, consider that a void of your customer warranty.

- Lowie007 - 2008-07-30

djh_ Wrote:This should be reiterated for its importance:

If you're running XBMC in 1080i on an Xbox, you're fucked. End of.

Best explanation I've seen so far.

- xb2iris - 2008-07-30

OK, tried everything to get Movie Fanart to work properly and I think I've managed to get it closer to fully working...

One question though... why does the next/previous listitem's fanart display for a millisecond after i move away from that listitem... isn't fanart only supposed to load when "movie info" is displayed? besides that... I think I'm a bit more happy it's working a little bit better now, so i'm happiesh!

- djh_ - 2008-07-30

xb2iris Wrote:OK, tried everything to get Movie Fanart to work properly and I think I've managed to get it closer to fully working...

One question though... why does the next/previous listitem's fanart display for a millisecond after i move away from that listitem... isn't fanart only supposed to load when "movie info" is displayed? besides that... I think I'm a bit more happy it's working a little bit better now, so i'm happiesh!

That's not an issue I've experienced. In terms of skin xml and how it interacts with the engine, it's actually impossible for a piece of fanart to remain visible when the listitem loses focus, because the listitem.fanart object ceases to exist. Eek

- xb2iris - 2008-07-30

djh_ Wrote:That's not an issue I've experienced. In terms of skin xml and how it interacts with the engine, it's actually impossible for a piece of fanart to remain visible when the listitem loses focus, because the listitem.fanart object ceases to exist. Eek

It's true... it's really odd that the next/previous listitem's fanart gets shown for that millisecond... it's like it's giving us a sneak peak or something... anyways...

would be nice if we could specify a single backdrop to sit on the background of showcase view without losing multiple backdrops on the aeon main page... and maybe, but i think this is pushing it... a fade out effect on a listitem's fanart, just think it would make things even more pretty Wink

- neal73 - 2008-07-30

Duncan, is it possible to have fanart appear instantly when you highlight a film, rather than waiting for the info to pop up?

- djh_ - 2008-07-30

Possible in that it judders into view while the loading interferes with the transition animations of the Showcase list. Basically, the loading of any backdrop will murder whatever's going in the foreground, be it a wraplist scroll or a zoom animation. That's why there are controls in place to stall the load until everything else has finished. Removing them would be... well, you've heard the one about the Twinkie in Ghost Busters, right?

- neal73 - 2008-07-30

Almost as bad as crossing the streams then?

- djh_ - 2008-07-30

Dogs and cats, mate. Living together.

- xb2iris - 2008-07-30

Twinkie in Ghost Busters... LOL!!!!

Anyways... what about that single backdrop option? It could be set to a universal picture, and it would definately save on memory when that transition happens, which sometimes, timed perfectly, can stop fanart from loading... yipes!!!

- RenZ0R - 2008-07-30

Is there a guide on using ifranview for correcting the images for a 720p display, I had a quick go with the batch command, and it left the images being a much larger filesize, 720p, but blocky as hell :|