Kodi Community Forum
Release Composite (A Plex client) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Composite (A Plex client) (/showthread.php?tid=351179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - anxdpanic - 2020-10-02

@gregeeh
It's not currently possible for the add-on to do this without manipulating Kodi databases manually. This isn't allowed on the Official repository, so it won't be added to the add-on.

@ryadre
I haven't had time to look into it, I'm currently also working on getting a new project ready.
One thing you could do, is turn up Settings - Cache - Server Cache TTL to max if your servers are stable.

@SirLoinOfBeef
You'll likely have to delete Userdata (wiki)/addon_data/plugin.video.composite_for_plex/library_sections.json

@baikun
Thanks, I will try to look into it when I get a chance next.

@coope
I'm unable to currently test (no plex pass atm), but it's a simple seek to the new time. So looking into some player settings may help.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - ryadre - 2020-10-07

(2020-10-02, 15:50)anxdpanic Wrote: @ryadre
I haven't had time to look into it, I'm currently also working on getting a new project ready.
One thing you could do, is turn up Settings - Cache - Server Cache TTL to max if your servers are stable.

Thanks mate, thats look to be a good solution

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - SirLoinOfBeef - 2020-10-08

(2020-10-02, 15:50)anxdpanic Wrote: You'll likely have to delete Userdata (wiki)/addon_data/plugin.video.composite_for_plex/library_sections.json
No such file exists. Just settings.xml and cache folder.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - darsuke - 2020-10-09

What was the solution that effects users trying to input custom urls but the settings are not saving?

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - LupinSansei - 2020-10-10

I'm new to this Plex add-on coming from Plexkodiconnect since it doesn't work with Matrix yet I thought I'd give this one a go especially since it support intro skipping. What I loved most about Plexkodiconnect is it integrates into my Kodi library. I understand this add-on support that too however I can't figure out how to get my media into my library. I go into settings and select "sections to include in library scans" but the window that comes up for movies and series is completely empty.

Can anyone please walk me through this? Another reason I'm on Matrix is to use PseudoTV as it too doesn't support previous Kodi versions. I'd really appreciate any help! Smile

*edit* I think I figured it out finally. I had to manually create the movies/tvshows folders in the addon data plugin folder.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - gregeeh - 2020-10-11

(2020-10-10, 23:07)LupinSansei Wrote: Can anyone please walk me through this? Smile
Look Here

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - LupinSansei - 2020-10-11

(2020-10-11, 00:04)gregeeh Wrote:
(2020-10-10, 23:07)LupinSansei Wrote: Can anyone please walk me through this? Smile
Look Here
Thank you!

Look Here

Did that and sadly it still shows an empty box :/

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - gregeeh - 2020-10-11

(2020-10-11, 19:23)LupinSansei Wrote:
Look Here

Works for me!

(2020-10-11, 22:18)gregeeh Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 19:23)LupinSansei Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 00:04)gregeeh Wrote: Look Here

Works for me!
That's weird. Though either way my movies still show up in my Kodi library so that's good. However my TV shows aren't showing up at all just a blank folder
Did what it said to do in the guide on Git.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - gregeeh - 2020-10-13

Hi all,

I know Composite does not sync the watched status with the library feature and the reason it does not, but I'm wondering how people are overcoming these two situations:

1. You install Composite and all Movies and TV Shows are marked as unwatched.  With 100's of Movies and TV Shows how are people marking the watched status in the library feature to be the same as the PMS?  Surely not manually?

2. I watch a Movie in Composite that was previously unwatched and now is marked as watched.  I now go to another device, like TV, and that movie is marked as unwatched.  So the watched status is not synced across devices.  Is there some workaround for this?

TIA

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - thomas.rehberg - 2020-10-15

I have a very strange phenomenon with Composite 1.4 on a Kodi 18.8 installed on a QNAP HD-Station (chrooted Ubuntu 18.04):
Media is on the same server, available as samba-shares that are also completely accessible by Kodi´s samba client.
However, Composite is only reporting the movies listed under smb://NAS-Rehberg/Multimedia/Filme, but not the ones for smb:// ..../Konzerte. For another subfolder of /Mulimedia only 10% of the content is shared by Composite, even more strange.
But the PMS is definitely sharing the all content in those folders, with any other client there is no problem:
- official Plex-addon for Kodi
- Plex for Android on a Firestick 4K
- Plex for iOS 
I´m trying to solve this since weeks, changing from smb to http, using the "replace smb paths", all does not help.
And my Kodi.log is not showing anything of help either...

Does anyone in the forum was in a same situation before, I must either do a stupid mistake or I am in front of something unkown.
Thanks,

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - thomas.rehberg - 2020-10-16

P.S.: just found in this forum that you can force a connection test by simply clearing the cache. Will do that first to provoke a log-entry that can help. 
Might come back with a debug log in case I can generate something useful by that.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - yekul - 2020-10-17

Looking to make the jump from PKC to Composite for a few reasons, but just want to make sure I understand exactly how it works and limitations.

So I will need to go inside the app itself on every restart right (Addon->Composite or whatever)? Because loading it to the TV Shows heading via plugin://plugin.video.composite_for_plex/library/tvshows/ as source leaves me with no syncs between Composite/Plex. Which is fine, going into the Composite addon is no big deal. But my follow up to that is, is it possible to have it display in a similar fashion to TV Shows where it will display the relevant sections of 'Combined Sections' and you can choose what you want to see etc to give it a more modern look? Or is the list view basically as good as it will get in that regard? Is there skins or something to enhance this? I could add all the sections to favourites, but again it just shows it as a clickable box not the actual media under a heading etc.

Appreciate any input, bit late to the party and just not sure exactly what is possible is all.

side note:
Gregeeh user above: I believe this is basically what you're experiencing. You're trying to use the TV Shows category on the left, when you should be INSIDE the Composite app itself (Add-onds --> Composite). Once inside all your stuff should be syncing correctly. I think.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - Eggroley - 2020-10-17

I'm not really technology literate when it comes to plex and media servers, so I don't know how to fix this or what the issue is.

I'm in 4 shared media servers and only one of them doesn't seem to work with composite. When going to Manage Servers I can see that the server that won't work is listed as offline while the others are listed as remote. The server is not offline as I'm able to access it through the plex app and pkc. I've done about 3 fresh installs and messed with the settings as much as I could and nothing has been fixed. I've also tried manually entering the address and that lead to nothing. Does anyone know what I can do?