Kodi Community Forum
Release Composite (A Plex client) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Composite (A Plex client) (/showthread.php?tid=351179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - sonofdibnah - 2020-12-07

I've been happily using Composite for months without issue but have got something to ask now.

I've managed to get an introductory video set up to play before all my films but it only works if I play thro Plex Webpage. I can't see any settings for trailer playback in Composite. Is it possible to add them so I can play my trailer in Kodi?

It's only a nice to have and not a must, so a "No" wouldn't upset me.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - Wagg - 2020-12-07

(2020-12-07, 06:17)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-12-01, 03:59)Wagg Wrote: I tried Composite on my 4k Fire Stick and tested it with a single layer Dolby Vision remux file. I tried the latest builds of both Leia and Matrix-

For some reason it plays back the DV layer as HDR10. Anyone know why? The Fire Stick 4k Plex client plays them in Dolby Vision fine but the audio is stuck in DD+, and doesn't offer all the features that Kodi has to offer.

Plex on Android uses Exoplayer that likely has DV support, Kodi feeds everything thru the Black Box that is Android Mediacodec.

That's interesting. I thought Matrix 19 B1 was supposed to support single layer DV playback? I haven't been able to get it to work on the Fire Stick. 

It would be nice to be able to play a single layer DV remux on Kodi w/PCM audio (don't want to shell out for another Shield).

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - anxdpanic - 2020-12-08

@sonofdibnah
How do you have it configured? and does it require Plex Pass?

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - sonofdibnah - 2020-12-08

(2020-12-08, 19:30)anxdpanic Wrote: @sonofdibnah
How do you have it configured? and does it require Plex Pass?

Yes it needs Plex pass. Edit: I'm not now sure if it does and can't find anything definitiveI on Plex posts. I'm running Plex Server on an Odroid N2 running CoreElec. CoreElec lets you set up Docker and in turn there's a Docker version of PMS.

To set up the intro video, I've set the destination path for my intro video in the Extras menu on the PMS webpage.

To get it to play via the webpage player or the android app, I had to tell each client to play 1 trailer via their settings menu.

Hope this is clear, it's not always easy to describe. Thanks for looking at this.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - anxdpanic - 2020-12-09

@sonofdibnah 
That was great, thanks. I don't currently have plex pass, however I opened an issue linking to your post so I can look into it when I do.
https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.video.composite_for_plex/issues/197

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - popeye2468 - 2020-12-12

Hi, I'm using latest version of composite
This is present in both kodi 18 and kodi 19

Composite does not seem to be recognized as a video addon, by this I mean when in the embuary skin I can change the views of the addon until I get to seasons and episodes, it keeps them in list forum.

I'm sure that has been talked about before and I will try to link what jurialmunkey said needed to be done from the addon side

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - anxdpanic - 2020-12-13

@popeye2468 
Can you provide a step by step guide to reproduce, and what you'd expect vs what happens? I don't have a clear understanding of what needs to be fixed.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - FXB78 - 2020-12-13

(2020-12-13, 05:10)anxdpanic Wrote: @popeye2468 
Can you provide a step by step guide to reproduce, and what you'd expect vs what happens? I don't have a clear understanding of what needs to be fixed.
He wants to change the viewtype of the initial, top level screens to something other than List view.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - anxdpanic - 2020-12-13

Thanks @FXB78, for your help here and on other threads. It's appreciated.

@popeye2468 
I would have to tell Kodi that these menu items are Movies/TV Shows/Seasons/Episodes/Videos to enable those views. These menu items are none of the above though, and telling Kodi they are will leave incorrect breadcrumbs (ie. empty season numbers, etc) in the ui for the chose item type. Essentially, skins would have to add views to this type of content that are intended for these types of menu items.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - sonofdibnah - 2020-12-19

When I've been using Composite to listen to my music, I've had to use "play from here" to play a full album or only the selected track played. The penny has just dropped about why.

I'm using confluence skin and shortcuts added by the skin settings. If I go into Composite via the music menu shortcut, it takes me to Videos-Composite and not Music-Library-Composite (where you get if you do Music/Music add-ons/Composite).

Can anything be done about this? As ever, thank you for your work on this add-on.

Composite (A Plex client) - Supersilver - 2021-01-14

Hey just wondering would there be a reason that there isn't any season posters for TV shows when I've imported them to the library?

Composite (A Plex client) - darsuke - 2021-01-20

I'm trying this out just now and I'm not using the kodi library function.
Is it the case that for large plex libraries it takes a while to load everytime you enter them?

I don't witness any such delays using any other plex addon.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - ryadre - 2021-01-22

Still enjoying this addon after a few months of use. I decided to use the combined section TV shows on deck as a widget. It seems the order of the shows is still grouped around each server rather than the combined servers showing last played independently from what server they are on.
So I'm getting all the shows from server 1 first in the widget, then all from server 2, then all from server 3.
Any way around this so my on deck looks normal but with the multiple servers?

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - mojo6911 - 2021-01-22

I like the widgets that come with this. Is there a way to make our own custom widgets or smart playlists without having to sync the library?

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - Eggroley - 2021-01-23

(2020-11-27, 17:44)Eggroley Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 21:32)anxdpanic Wrote: @LupinSansei @danofun
Would need a debug log

@gregeeh
There currently is not, not sure on that in the future.

@yekul
You could use a skin that supports widgets and add Composite widgets to improve the look and feel.

@Eggroley
If those servers are connected to from a non-standard url you can add a custom url for those servers in Manage Servers
Otherwise I would need a debug log.

@gizmomel
No idea but I'd say unlikely

@FXB78 @ryadre
I snuck in 1.4.1 which will use cached servers if playback is running. So that scenario should not happen now.
If the issue persists keep me posted, and debug log if possible

@xpronic
I will double check next chance I have

@krl69
The add-on doesn't download the subtitles so no settings will affect that.
This is likely default behavior for Kodi, not an area I'm directly familiar with though.

I've tried custom urls to no avail. I've also tried manually entering the address. I think I've tried most things I can with the add-on.
Here are my logs, don't know if they're perfect but yeah.
https://paste.kodi.tv/guyixuqasi

Trying again... Does anyone have this issue and has had it fixed? This is driving me crazy.