Kodi Community Forum
Release Composite (A Plex client) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Composite (A Plex client) (/showthread.php?tid=351179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - mufflon12 - 2021-08-16

EDIT:

Still getting this error 
2021-08-18 22:02:26.020 T:15448 INFO <general>: CVideoPlayerAudio:Tonguerocess - stream stalled
2021-08-18 22:02:26.221 T:3380 DEBUG <general>: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::GetPicture - eof hw accel ...
ERROR <general>: ffmpeg[0x21ae6d1e060X]: [matroska,webm] File ended prematurely

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - sonofdibnah - 2021-09-01

I've asked this before but will try again. Can anyone tell me how I can play Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd without the annoying gaps between tracks? The official Plex add-on does it but I prefer Composite and there's no choice but Composite if using Kodi 19 (music doesn't play via official Kodi client).

Thanks to anyone who replies.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - acid7871 - 2021-09-04

Hello
I've been using Plexbmc with Kodi 17 so far. Now I had a little time and installed Coreelec with 19.2-Matrix_rc3 on my media player.
With this I want to establish a connection to my Plex server as before. So far Plexbmc started automatically after booting and I had all my Plex sections in the main menu.
I could also switch to Kodi manually.
With composite I only have the Kodi screen after booting and always have to go to the addons for my stuff and select composite there.

Is it possible to use composite instead of Kodi as the main menu with all my sections ( Movies / TV Shows / Doku / ...) ?

This worked perfectly with plexbmc.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - FXB78 - 2021-09-04

(2021-09-04, 15:08)acid7871 Wrote: Hello
I've been using Plexbmc with Kodi 17 so far. Now I had a little time and installed Coreelec with 19.2-Matrix_rc3 on my media player.
With this I want to establish a connection to my Plex server as before. So far Plexbmc started automatically after booting and I had all my Plex sections in the main menu.
I could also switch to Kodi manually.
With composite I only have the Kodi screen after booting and always have to go to the addons for my stuff and select composite there.

Is it possible to use composite instead of Kodi as the main menu with all my sections ( Movies / TV Shows / Doku / ...) ?

This worked perfectly with plexbmc.
Yes you can, however in my experience Composite on Matrix when used in Widgets causes regular crashing & restarting of Kodi. In Kodi 18 it worked perfectly, but I think it needs some tweaks to prevent the problems with Widgets. For now I have shortcuts to the sections instead of Widgets, not ideal but it prevents the crashing.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - acid7871 - 2021-09-07

@FXB78

Thx for the info.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - sonofdibnah - 2021-09-10

(2021-09-01, 19:38)sonofdibnah Wrote: I've asked this before but will try again. Can anyone tell me how I can play Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd without the annoying gaps between tracks? The official Plex add-on does it but I prefer Composite and there's no choice but Composite if using Kodi 19 (music doesn't play via official Kodi client).

Thanks to anyone who replies.

To sort of answer my own question, the solution for me was to abandon Composite for Music playback.

I experimented by adding the music directory to a Kodi music library but this was a pain because of tagging etc. Plex is much more forgiving of bad tags and it sort of defeats the object of plex by creating separate libraries.

What works for me was to simply add my server as a UPnP source. Simpler in terms of what gets shown but it's quick and gapless tracks play as they should do.

Composite is still essential for my films and TV though.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - keithcq71 - 2021-11-27

Does everyone like Composite better than the Plex addons or app?

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - KaraokeAmerica - 2021-11-27

(2021-11-27, 16:23)keithcq71 Wrote: Does everyone like Composite better than the Plex addons or app?

I don't really understand the difference. I use the Plex for Kodi add-on and for the most part it works. I log into my Plex account, don't have to map shares, it remembers my progress in Plex for other clients etc.

What is the difference in Composite?

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - alsc - 2021-12-02

(2021-11-27, 19:05)KaraokeAmerica Wrote:
(2021-11-27, 16:23)keithcq71 Wrote: Does everyone like Composite better than the Plex addons or app?

I don't really understand the difference. I use the Plex for Kodi add-on and for the most part it works. I log into my Plex account, don't have to map shares, it remembers my progress in Plex for other clients etc.

What is the difference in Composite?

Well, as someone not very experienced with neither Kodi nor Composite I’ll try to give you just my point of view being an average user. Please someone correct me if I say something wrong.

I never liked Plex much. Browsing the interface is not always easy, it’s not visually appealing and one can’t extend the available information (that is quite limited) and ends up being stuck with what the app offers. On the other hand with Kodi I can change almost everything, to the point that in the end I have exactly what I want/need. I can dynamically extend the info retrieved from lots of sources and integrate that information with my accounts from other services/addons (beautiful Fanart covers, ratings from IMDB, synchronization with Trakt and TheMovieDB Helper, extra info on actors, crew, etc) and converge all that to the prettier and more dynamic - just a matter of opinion here - interface of Kodi, boosted with a nice skin, instead of the basic limited Plex interface.

So Composite, and not only Composite but any other tool which works based on that integration, allows a level of customization and integration that will never be possible when using Plex for Kodi.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - DarrenHill - 2021-12-02

That more or less covers it.

The Plex addon is official, in that it's written by / maintained by / provided by Plex themselves. Due to that it has the Plex layout and interface, and whilst it's a Kodi addon it's basically Plex within Kodi. You can see from the interface that it's the standard Plex one, which depending on the Kodi skin that is used can be quite a jarring change between the two, and of course the selection and navigation is also quite different.

Composite is aimed at being a "half-way house" between the two, in that it looks more like a Kodi interface style addon, but still uses the same sources and data from the Plex servers etc.

So it's using the same information, but presenting it in a different and more Kodi-standard way that some people may prefer.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - ontap - 2021-12-02

Need a bit of help please, can't get Composite to scan my TV Shows into the library, they are there in the addon I can see them, play them etc , but they won't scan in using the plugin url. Tried with local and TMDB/TVDB set as scraper.
Using matrix.
Movies scanned in first try using url and setting to "local provider"

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - FXB78 - 2021-12-02

(2021-12-02, 21:22)ontap Wrote: Need a bit of help please, can't get Composite to scan my TV Shows into the library, they are there in the addon I can see them, play them etc , but they won't scan in using the plugin url. Tried with local and TMDB/TVDB set as scraper.
Using matrix.
Movies scanned in first try using url and setting to "local provider"
Composite hasn't been properly updated since Leia, the Matrix version has a lot of bugs, this being one of them. I don't know if the dev has given up on it or is just busy with other projects.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - ontap - 2021-12-02

OK tx for replying , back to PKC then.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - jbinkley60 - 2021-12-03

(2021-12-02, 23:49)ontap Wrote: OK tx for replying , back to PKC then.

There are other non-Plex uPNP solutions available which have up-to-date Kodi addons with the Kodi look and feel / skin integration, superb database driven displaying of content, plus much more.  Often the discussions here often tend to be a bit binary between Kodi or Plex.  I use an alternative uPNP solution to Plex and love he native Kodi interface and features described previously.   There's also a separate effort for full Kodi integration of a number of uPNP servers, including Plex.  You can see the thread here.  It's an ambitious effort and depending upon the third party developer support level it could be very promising.  It may be limited to not supporting vendor specific features but it can be a nice way to consolidate many different uPNP and data feeds.

Jeff

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - klingsor - 2021-12-03

I have a question if it is possible for me to use Composite on my Kodi. I explain my installation:

- I have a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ that works as a Torrent Box where I store the series and movies already organized; then in the living room I have another Raspberry Pi 4 with Kodi from which through the network and by NFS I synchronize the files to watch them on TV. What advantages does Composite bring me compared to the installation that I have?

Regards.