Kodi Community Forum
Release Composite (A Plex client) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Composite (A Plex client) (/showthread.php?tid=351179)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - ontap - 2021-12-03

@jbinkley60  thanks for the heads up , I had this up and running in a few minutes, will look into the syncing between devices next.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - jbinkley60 - 2021-12-03

(2021-12-03, 14:02)ontap Wrote: @jbinkley60  thanks for the heads up , I had this up and running in a few minutes, will look into the syncing between devices next.

Glad it's working for you.  FYI, the solution I use syncs the Kodi device to the uPNP server automatically.  It will detect if the Kodi database is out of sync with the uPNP server and rebuild / sync it automatically.  It makes it nice that if a Kodi device ever fails, looses it database it will rebuild the uPNP porting of it automatically.  It also keeps all Kodi clients in sync since the uPNP database is the master.  It automatically adds new content (and metadata) to the uPNP server and syncs all clients.  So sharing of bookmarks, playcounts and similar are maintained across devices.  You can even use whatever skin you want each Kodi device.  It also has a user adjustable autostop feature to stop paused playbacks and it syncs the bookmarks every 30 seconds from the Kodi clients to the uPNP server so if a client reboots it will maintain the bookmark.  There are more features but just highlighting a few.

Jeff

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - hattmall - 2021-12-30

Great Addon. 

Couple Questions:

Is there anyway to limit the number of results or to do something like pagination. A have huge lists that take quite some time to load.

Secondly on the plex website I see collections and it has a lot more options than what is available in the filter by collections. 

Is there any way to Browse these collections with Composite? Shows are sorted by things like Network etc.

Thanks

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - Fma15 - 2022-04-08

(2021-11-27, 16:23)keithcq71 Wrote: Does everyone like Composite better than the Plex addons or app?

The reason I like composite the most is because if I have the amber skin set in Kodi I can pause the video and the progress bar doesn't block the bottom of the screen. It's very helpful if I'm watching an anime that has really fast subtitles.

Also are there plans to support composite for the foreseeable future?

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - ryadre - 2022-04-21

I have just come back to Composite after a while of using the android plex app on Shield. Mainly so I can still use Trakt syncing without needing VIP in Trakt. I am using the Amber Skin also at this point with Widget for On deck, and for Recent added movies, and also playlist for movies I have created. 

Only issue I am having , using Matrix, is I have my back button on remote mapped to stop playback, but this just causes Kodi to crash, so I have to use the OSD and press stop instead.

Im assuming there isnt any more development of this addon at this stage, but I guess the one thing that would be nice to update would be able to access the new Watchlist feature in Plex.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - keithcq71 - 2022-04-26

I too just returned to Composite. Nothing plays in my library but the Plex for Kodi addon everything plays fine . Is the addon not being supported?

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - jbinkley60 - 2022-04-26

(2022-04-26, 00:04)keithcq71 Wrote: I too just returned to Composite. Nothing plays in my library but the Plex for Kodi addon everything plays fine . Is the addon not being supported?

You are welcome to try the Mezzmo for Kodi addon which supports Plex in DLNA mode.  You just need to change the setting to support non-Mezzmo uPNP servers.  I maintain this addon and a number of folks use it with Plex.

Jeff

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - keithcq71 - 2022-06-04

Thanks . I prefer to use Composite . I will try it again .

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - jbinkley60 - 2022-06-04

(2022-06-04, 15:49)keithcq71 Wrote: Thanks . I prefer to use Composite . I will try it again .

Understood.  Good luck.  If you ever want to consider another solution I released the latest version of the Mezzmo addon client which now has improved Kodi native mode support but this native mode capability does require running with a Mezzmo server vs. Plex.  FYI, there is a native mode Plex solution under development but it requires a different Kodi build until it is merged with the mainline code.

Jeff

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - whatever02 - 2022-06-21

Is the up next feature supposed to work in the 'on deck' widget? It's not happening for me. It doesn't work anywhere in composite at all. latest version on kodi matrix.

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - streamloader - 2022-08-07

Just found this addon and it's exactly what I needed, nothing else was "just right" but this is perfect for my use. Thanks and please keep up the development

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - jbinkley60 - 2022-08-07

(2022-08-07, 15:28)streamloader Wrote: Just found this addon and it's exactly what I needed, nothing else was "just right" but this is perfect for my use. Thanks and please keep up the development

Out of curiosity which addon are you referencing ? There are a few mentioned in this thread.

Thanks,

Jeff

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - rapteev - 2022-08-08

Hi
Will composite plugin work on next kodi nexus version?
Thank you

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - Fma15 - 2022-09-20

Is this still actively being worked on?

RE: Composite (A Plex client) - aniel - 2022-10-13

i have a 22k movie library and it takes long time to get into the "all movies" section, is it working as design? am happy to send long etc, thanks