Kodi Community Forum
IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi (/showthread.php?tid=351428)

Pages: 1 2 3

IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi - TommyKnocker01 - 2020-02-02

Hello,

I got a IntelNuc10i7FNH to be used as kodi server, unfortunately libreElec latest official doesn't recognise the display adapter so the after the installation the boot get stuck. Not a big deal, on the LibreElec forum they helped me and i installed a nightly revision with updated drivers. Everything went well until into kodi, there's no way to start the network adapter. I used a wired connection and even if it's plugged and pinged kodi cant see it. Kodi can see all wifi networks but it's unable to connect. intel nuc network adapter it's working correctly if i stay into the bios the router is able to see the machine, give it an ip etc...but after kodi launches there's no way. unfortunately i can't log in via ssh or smb. Anybody experienced the same?

Thanks everybody for the attention!

RE: IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi - Klojum - 2020-02-02

Kodi is not intended as a "server" application. What are you planning to have it serve, and how?

Do you have the "Wait for network" option enabled?

If Kodi can see the networks, which network protocol(s) are you using?

RE: IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi - TommyKnocker01 - 2020-02-02

(2020-02-02, 21:36)Klojum Wrote: Kodi is not intended as a "server" application. What are you planning to have it serve, and how?

Do you have the "Wait for network" option enabled?

If Kodi can see the networks, which network protocol(s) are you using?
sorry i wasn't sharp with my post, i use kodi as is it intened as a media player.

i used wait for network during trouble shoot but it times out so no joy.

the only network kodi is getting is wifi (but if i try to connect i get an error and the connection fails), no wired connection is detected even if the nuc is cabled directily into the router. Before i was using same network setup with a nuc i7 gen5 and everithing was just working fine. As said besore if i stay into the nuc bios the routed connect to the nuc e i can ping it, when kodi starts wired connection is lost.

bios is the intel latest version (037), and using LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.80-nightly-20200201-0730d18

thanks for the help

Well, you are using hardware that is brand-spanking new. Intel/Linux may have to work on its BIOS and/or drivers to get all components to cooperate together.

If you are using Milhouse's nightly versions, I'd go to his forum thread for Generic LibreELEC, and provide him with all possible details.
Can you perhaps testdrive a Ubuntu 19.10 or 20.04 session on a bootable USB stick, and SSH in to get a dmesg listing of the internal hardware?

(2020-02-02, 22:34)Klojum Wrote: Well, you are using hardware that is brand-spanking new. Intel/Linux may have to work on its BIOS and/or drivers to get all components to cooperate together.

If you are using Milhouse's nightly versions, I'd go to his forum thread for Generic LibreELEC, and provide him with all possible details.
Can you perhaps testdrive a Ubuntu 19.10 or 20.04 session on a bootable USB stick, and SSH in to get a dmesg listing of the internal hardware?

i use kodi since years and i'm really happy with it, i'm just an end used not an expert. but i can try if you help me a bit on what to do i'll be more than happy to help!

Ubuntu is, contrary to LibreELEC, a 'full' OS that you can install/run from a USB stick. That full OS has more hardware drivers onboard than LibreELEC, and should run including its network adapters. If that is the case, then you can check the underlying hardware details which can in return help LibreELEC.

(2020-02-02, 22:46)Klojum Wrote: Ubuntu is, contrary to LibreELEC, a 'full' OS that you can install/run from a USB stick. That full OS has more hardware drivers onboard than LibreELEC, and should run including its network adapters. If that is the case, then you can check the underlying hardware details which can in return help LibreELEC.

i'll do that as soon as i can,m asfet i install ubuntu i'll ask you how to extract hd infos!

RE: IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi - TommyKnocker01 - 2020-02-03

(2020-02-02, 22:51)TommyKnocker01 Wrote:
(2020-02-02, 22:46)Klojum Wrote: Ubuntu is, contrary to LibreELEC, a 'full' OS that you can install/run from a USB stick. That full OS has more hardware drivers onboard than LibreELEC, and should run including its network adapters. If that is the case, then you can check the underlying hardware details which can in return help LibreELEC.

i'll do that as soon as i can,m asfet i install ubuntu i'll ask you how to extract hd infos! 
just installed ubuntu 19.10, same network problem as in kodi. Wired connection is not avaiable and wifi network is visible but connection fails. Maybe it's a driver problem? what i don't undesteand is that this nuc has the same network adaspet of previust gen, just a different revision V instead on M if i'm not wrong.

IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi - Rumpelstiltskin - 2020-02-03

I have the same nuc. Installed successfully with ubuntu desktop 19.10, selected wireless network and the latest kernel (5.1); eno1 work great, then transformed into ubuntu server :

sudo apt-get install tasksel
sudo tasksel

(Removed desktop and installed server)

And removed gnome

apt remove gnome*
apt purge gnome*
sudo apt autoremove --purge snapd

Now I have to figure out how to install the intel driver video with hw acceleration and Kodi (we have hdmi lspcon)

(2020-02-03, 00:20)Rumpelstiltskin Wrote: I have the same nuc. Installed successfully with ubuntu desktop 19.10, selected wireless network and the latest kernel (5.1); eno1 work great, then transformed into ubuntu server :

sudo apt-get install tasksel
sudo tasksel

(Removed desktop and installed server)

And removed gnome

apt remove gnome*
apt purge gnome*
sudo apt autoremove --purge snapd

Now I have to figure out how to install the intel driver video with hw acceleration and Kodi (we have hdmi lspcon)

i managed to get the wifi working, downloaded all ubuntu updates and now wired network works fine.

IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi - Rumpelstiltskin - 2020-02-03

Great!

If you can make kodi with hw decoding, can you tell me how you did it?

Thank you

RE: IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi - Klojum - 2020-02-03

(2020-02-03, 00:54)Rumpelstiltskin Wrote: If you can make kodi with hw decoding, can you tell me how you did it?
Intel hw decoding *should* work by default, like it does on Ub18.04 on my Gemini Lake (J5005) box.
If not, it's still an Intel problem.

(2020-02-03, 00:42)TommyKnocker01 Wrote: i managed to get the wifi working, downloaded all ubuntu updates and now wired network works fine.
Can you do a dmesg listing, and paste it onto the Kodi pastebin website, so perhaps @Milhouse can see where LibreELEC needs to be updated so that your Gen10 NUC can work?

IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi - TommyKnocker01 - 2020-02-03

Oky I'll try to do it this afternoon !

(2020-02-03, 01:05)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-02-03, 00:54)Rumpelstiltskin Wrote: If you can make kodi with hw decoding, can you tell me how you did it?
Intel hw decoding *should* work by default, like it does on Ub18.04 on my Gemini Lake (J5005) box.
If not, it's still an Intel problem.
(2020-02-03, 00:42)TommyKnocker01 Wrote: i managed to get the wifi working, downloaded all ubuntu updates and now wired network works fine.
Can you do a dmesg listing, and paste it onto the Kodi pastebin website, so perhaps @Milhouse can see where LibreELEC needs to be updated so that your Gen10 NUC can work? 

Made the paste upload as guest, title is NUC10i7FNH . Hope it will be usefull!

RE: IntelNuc10i7FNH network adapter VS kodi - DarrenHill - 2020-02-03

You need to supply the URL from the paste so we can access it. When you save the paste, the URL in the address bar will change (or if you use the log uploader addon it will give you the URL in a pop-up box). That URL needs to be put in a post here for us to be able to access the log.