Kodi Community Forum
Ratings display by Estuary - separate settings wanted - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Music Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263)
+--- Thread: Ratings display by Estuary - separate settings wanted (/showthread.php?tid=351913)

Ratings display by Estuary - separate settings wanted - HeresJohnny - 2020-02-20

I would like to ask a big favour for this topic that pops up every now and again.

As we all know, there are two ratings methods that can be displayed in Kodi, "Rating" and "My Rating". Technically, "Rating" displays external ratings fetched by scrapers and add-ons while "My Ratings" displays user ratings. Unfortunately, the video and music users have different preferences. The video user would preferably like to see "Ratings" while the music user would preferably like to see "My Ratings". At least music user are much more likely to rate their music and support for fetching ratings from third party sites is basic at best at the moment.

Now, the standard Estuary skin can only display one set of ratings and I think "Ratings" is even hard-coded. Some other skins at least let you switch between ratings sets to display.

What I would like to ask is, until those ratings sets one day can be set independently for videos and music, to "hack" them and reverse them for music... temporarily until separation and skin support are real (which may well never happen). By reversing I mean change "Ratings" to user ratings and "My Ratings" to third party ratings, for the music part. I understand that this is completely illogical but it would be a welcome practical solution to an ongoing conundrum.

Thanks for considering!

RE: Ratings display - scott967 - 2020-02-21

(2020-02-20, 17:58)HeresJohnny Wrote: Now, the standard Estuary skin can only display one set of ratings and I think "Ratings" is even hard-coded. Some other skins at least let you switch between ratings sets to display.

There is a skin general setting for the rating type to show, but it is for all media, no option to treat music differently.

scott s.

RE: Ratings display - DaveBlake - 2020-02-21

This is a skin issue and specific to Estuary, may be worth adjusting the tread title to reflect that so those that have interests in updating Estuary might notice it.

(2020-02-20, 17:58)HeresJohnny Wrote: Now, the standard Estuary skin can only display one set of ratings and I think "Ratings" is even hard-coded. Some other skins at least let you switch between ratings sets to display.
I don't see where Estuary limts display to only one kind of rating.
If I sort albums by rating it shows rating, if I sort by myrating it shows myrating. On the music info dialog it show both values (when the album has them).

Where does it actually use the general skin setting for rating type?

I would support having a separate rating type skin setting for music and video because the use of rating in music is quite different than from video. But it is up to some skinning enthusiast to pck this up, and the issue needs to be made much clearer.

RE: Ratings display - ronie - 2020-02-21

(2020-02-21, 11:58)DaveBlake Wrote: Where does it actually use the general skin setting for rating type?

it's used in the 'blue circle'