Kodi Community Forum
NextPVR Addon feature - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: NextPVR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=175)
+---- Thread: NextPVR Addon feature (/showthread.php?tid=352654)

Pages: 1 2 3

NextPVR Addon feature - elstaci - 2020-03-18

KODI v.18.6 using NextPVR Addon 33.1.9 with NextPVR version 5 installed is working flawlessly on my computer.

But I do have a very minor suggestion. Not sure if it is KODI or the ADDON or NextPVR issue. But whenever I try to delete the TV Recording folder in KODI TV RECORDINGS main menu while a show is in the process of being recorded, I get an Error stating "PVR Backend error".

By TV Recording folder I mean that on KODI's TV Recording Main menu of all the recorded shows, you need to first click on the TV show where it opens to show the actual recording. Then you click on the actual recording to watch your show.

Maybe in the future you can change this warning to "Recording in process, Unable to Delete. Please stop recording and then Delete" instead.  Users might believe they have a problem when they see "PVR Backend error".

Also another minor suggestion. This may just be on my computer, but whenever I click to "Exit" it takes KODI several seconds to close and go to the desktop. Sometimes it might take almost a minute if KODI is in the process of doing something when I click on "Exit".

But generally quite satisfied with KODI and TV Recordings and watching videos.

RE: NextPVR Addon feature - emveepee - 2020-03-18

I guess the first one could be considered a backend error since  the backend could do a cancel and delete but I suggest you open this in the general PVR forum if you have a dialog.  I think of this more as "Doctor it hurts when I do this..."

There are currently issues with Matrix on exit, but I haven't really noticed it on earlier versions.  If you post Kodi debug logs we could take a look.  One thing to note is during playback a lot of interaction with the backend is turned off and if you try and exit right after watching a show the recording position update triggers Kodi to reload all recordings and timers.

Martin

Today I found out if you have the option to store the EPG updates in the database enabled you could have same performance issues as we currently see in Matrix.

Martin

RE: NextPVR Addon feature - elstaci - 2020-03-18

(2020-03-18, 20:39)emveepee Wrote: Today I found out if you have the option to store the EPG updates in the database enabled you could have same performance issues as we currently see in Matrix.

Martin
How do you disable EPG updates in the database and how will it affect my EPG updates if disabled?

I thought that "PVR Backend Error" was generated from KODI's Addon and not from NextPVR. If the Addon senses that NextPVR is recording the show being deleted than it could just advise the User of that instead of saying it was an error. I know it is semantics.

Okay I will upload my KODI logs.

Here is the link: HTTPS://paste.kodi.tv/liferogovo

The message is signaled from the addon but any GUI changes would be in Kodi. 

You'd need to send a debug log after the exit with a delay to see if it is addon related.

Martin

RE: NextPVR Addon feature - elstaci - 2020-03-19

I uploaded the KODI.zip file to a free file sharing website. Just click on the link to download it automatically: https://file.io/5WAvLg

I zipped all the Logs files after opening KODI and enabling Debugging Logging. Then I temporarily watched a TV Recording for about a minute and closed and Exited from KODI. The usual 2-3 seconds delay before KODI closed and reached the Windows Desktop.

I don't know how to upload KODI files after KODI is closed. So I uploaded it to the file sharing website. The link is only good once. After clicking on the link the uploaded file is automatically deleted.

By the way, thanks for the tip on how to disable the Debugging View Screen. Took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. But once I found out that I needed to create an Advanced Settings.xml file and add the command that you posted using the KODI LOG Wiki instructions.

RE: NextPVR Addon feature - emveepee - 2020-03-20

Someone must have downloaded and it was deleted.  Please don't waste time with "free" upload sites that might offer malware.

The previous log after a delay will be kodi.old.log so which Kodi log uploaders should upload.

Add the following to advancedsettings.xml  which you can read about on the wiki
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Martin

RE: NextPVR Addon feature - elstaci - 2020-03-20

(2020-03-20, 01:18)emveepee Wrote: Someone must have downloaded and it was deleted.  Please don't waste time with "free" upload sites that might offer malware.

The previous log after a delay will be kodi.old.log so which Kodi log uploaders should upload.

Add the following to advancedsettings.xml  which you can read about on the wiki
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Martin 
Here is KODI Logs link: https://paste.kodi.tv/wufidonupi

Yes, Thanks, I got Debugging Logging working and now have it on continuously since I don't see the Debugging View screen any more.

Is there any way of knowing whether the Free upload sites contain Malware besides your Anti-Virus checking the downloaded file for Malware?

Again that seems to be the active log with not exit.  I am not as concerned about what I download as what I might have to browse to to get the file download link.

Martin

(2020-03-20, 16:47)emveepee Wrote: Again that seems to be the active log with not exit.  I am not as concerned about what I download as what I might have to browse to to get the file download link.

Martin
This Upload website is called FILE.I.O. When you click on the link it just downloads the specific file for that link. No windows open up nor menus to see.

FILE.I.O was temporarily closed due to, I guess, Users uploading Copyright materials. But now it is back Online but with a different way you can upload and download files.

It is similar to the way KODI log links works by giving a specific link to a specific log file.

If you know I way I can show the logs that indicates KODI "exiting" then let me know.

Thanks for your help.

You should have an option in the log uploader to send the old log which we show the exit process.

The paste sites are good we can just view the log.

Martin

(2020-03-20, 19:20)emveepee Wrote: You should have an option in the log uploader to send the old log which we show the exit process.

The paste sites are good we can just view the log.

Martin
I have 2 different KODI Log Uploaders. The other one which I didn't use to upload the logs shows in the menu "Old Log Files" There is does mention about shutting down KODI and going to Windows Desktop but not to upload it.

But when I view the regular KODI Files it is different than the old. So not sure if I use that Addon it will also include the Old KODI logs or not.

But are the same KODI logs but using the Addon that mentions Old Log Files: https://paste.kodi.tv/fesidibudi

Here is a copy of the part where KODI is closing in KODI Old Logs file:

@Karellen-Log removed. Use Kodi Paste Site

RE: NextPVR Addon feature - emveepee - 2020-03-21

The forum rules prohibit snippets for a good reason, they are are hard to follow.  I can see a slowdown but nothing related to the addon and the full log is still required. 

If you can't figure out the addon, try a good upload site that doesn't delete the file if another user  clicks the link

I'd normally suggest posting the zip on the NextPVR forum but there is a 90% change I will redirect you back here.

Martin

RE: NextPVR Addon feature - Karellen - 2020-03-21

If you are using Windows, no need to use the log uploader addon. Just go to C:\Users\elsta\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\ and you will see your two logs there. Read Debug Log for an explanation of the difference between the two logs.

RE: NextPVR Addon feature - elstaci - 2020-03-21

(2020-03-21, 00:27)emveepee Wrote: The forum rules prohibit snippets for a good reason, they are are hard to follow.  I can see a slowdown but nothing related to the addon and the full log is still required. 

If you can't figure out the addon, try a good upload site that doesn't delete the file if another user  clicks the link

I'd normally suggest posting the zip on the NextPVR forum but there is a 90% change I will redirect you back here.

Martin

Sorry I wasn't aware that snippets were illegal on KODI Forums. That was the only way I knew to give you the Old logs since KODI doesn't allow file uploads like NextPVR Forums.

I was thinking the same thing as you were about uploading the file at NPVR Forum so that you can download it.

Let me try on one of the threads I have generated at NPVR Forums and upload the Zip file and see if you can download from there. I believe I did upload KODI log files in one of my threads.

I presume you will be notified when I reply to one of your previous replies at NPVR Forums correct?