Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - donbrew - 2020-01-06

I did as DarrenHill instructed.  Now when I do the authorization thing the message I get is "this app isn't verified".  You need to ignore that and click "Advanced" Then a tiny link appears at the bottom about going to youtubekodi (unsafe).  Click it and you are good to go.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - donbrew - 2020-01-06

But now when I try to use the app I get an error "Access not configured: youtube data API not ......."

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DarrenHill - 2020-01-06

@donbrew - Thanks for coming back and sharing that. I didn't get that when I recently did mine, but I have seen other people report something similar. That addition to the instructions could be very useful...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - mctiew - 2020-01-07

Recently I am beginning to use more on this addon due to me using CoreElec and too tired of switch boot over to Android. I have successfully login to youtube using the method described.

However, I can't get use to the interface presented.

Is there a way for me to see at least the subscription page, for me to navigate the subscription pretty much the same as how a "youtube TV" app works ? Most important is I want to list the videos per subscription basis, and wit the latest video appearing first. Somehow I can't get it to display the videos this way.  

If that's the limitation of how Kodi works, is there any alternative addon which can do the job ? Or perhaps just a linux based youtube app which can run on CoreELEC ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - donbrew - 2020-01-08

Well now I don't understand.
The add-on works perfectly on RPi 3B LE9 (Kodi 19 python 3.7) with only adding the device.  Don't need the API.

On RPi 4B LE 9.2 (Kodi 18.5 Python 2.7) when I add the device to my google account with the 2 keys google says:
"Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In."

If I then go through all of the API stuff Kodi says

Authorization is not setup.
Logs show errors in python.  Do I need to upgrade python to 3.7?  Or downgrade to Python 2.7?
log file

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - gujal - 2020-01-09

Ever since I upgraded to 18.5 (also happens on 19 nightly) I have an issue with search
When you select search and put in a search term, it goes searches and displays a list of videos which is fine.
Now when you play any video and it finishes, instead of showing the list of videos, it now pops up the keyboard input for search again
Pressing OK leads to spinner wheel for ever
Pressing Esc kicks you out of the addon completely back to Kodi menu
Only way to getback into youtube in such case is to put some search term on the keyboard entry, let it search and then without playing any video press Back

Anyone else facing this issue? (From what I can see this is some thing to do with Directory Container Refresh in Kodi 18.5 and above)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - barfoo - 2020-01-10

macOS High Sierra and Kodi Leia the 2nd App to authenticate against Google account is rejected by Google as an not approved app.  Is there any way this can be fixed?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - nicolap - 2020-01-13

(2020-01-10, 19:45)barfoo Wrote: macOS High Sierra and Kodi Leia the 2nd App to authenticate against Google account is rejected by Google as an not approved app.  Is there any way this can be fixed?

I have the same problem, in Android Box 6.0 with Kodi 18.5, second authenticate against Google account is rejected by Google as an not approved app. Please, can you solve it? Tank you in advance.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2020-01-13

(2020-01-09, 23:51)gujal Wrote: Ever since I upgraded to 18.5 (also happens on 19 nightly) I have an issue with search
When you select search and put in a search term, it goes searches and displays a list of videos which is fine.
Now when you play any video and it finishes, instead of showing the list of videos, it now pops up the keyboard input for search again
Pressing OK leads to spinner wheel for ever
Pressing Esc kicks you out of the addon completely back to Kodi menu
Only way to getback into youtube in such case is to put some search term on the keyboard entry, let it search and then without playing any video press Back

Anyone else facing this issue? (From what I can see this is some thing to do with Directory Container Refresh in Kodi 18.5 and above)
I have reported also i on a github issue........... it's also whit the "Incognito" search........

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Roger79 - 2020-01-16

Hello. I'm getting this error when enabling inputstream.adaptive; "[Errno 10013] Attempts were made to access a contact in a manner prohibited by the access permissions", and I'm not getting any higher resolution than 720p. Does anyone here know why this happens? The error comes in Norwegian so I translated it for you to understand. Thanks.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - callumgw - 2020-01-17

(2020-01-06, 18:06)donbrew Wrote: But now when I try to use the app I get an error "Access not configured: youtube data API not ......."
I got the two log ins working but now get the error DONBREW got....
Did anyone fix this one?

[Yes I have logged out and in a few times]

Thx
C

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - macmelon - 2020-01-17

Hi!

I can not start the YT add-on for 2 or 3 days with "YouTube error". Nothing has been modified or installed for weeks, and I have used it daily.

Here is my log: azufasawim.kodi (paste) Maybe the most prominent part is:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
Error Contents: No JSON object could be decoded

I use a Raspberry Pi 3, Libreelec 9.2.0, YouTube 6.5.2 and I have tried the previous beta with same result. I have not tried a clean reinstall yet.

Thanks for any suggestion what to try next!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - andresrgv - 2020-01-17

is the log in problem solved?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - macmelon - 2020-01-18

Full clean reinstall, and own API key & stuff have solved the problem.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - coldspark - 2020-01-19

Hi all, did anyone do something about the issue of not being able to activate the second app on Youtube? Does every version of the plugin have to be approved by Google? I saw some older threads about it, so I guess this problem is not new