Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2020-01-19

(2020-01-19, 22:46)coldspark Wrote: Hi all, did anyone do something about the issue of not being able to activate the second app on Youtube? Does every version of the plugin have to be approved by Google? I saw some older threads about it, so I guess this problem is not new

if it's an issue related about login or similar it's a know issue... read old reply for know possible solution.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - nicolap - 2020-01-20

(2020-01-19, 23:52)DjDiabolik Wrote:
(2020-01-19, 22:46)coldspark Wrote: Hi all, did anyone do something about the issue of not being able to activate the second app on Youtube? Does every version of the plugin have to be approved by Google? I saw some older threads about it, so I guess this problem is not new

if it's an issue related about login or similar it's a know issue... read old reply for know possible solution. 
Where can i find this reply? Thank you in advance

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2020-01-21

(2020-01-20, 12:44)nicolap Wrote:
(2020-01-19, 23:52)DjDiabolik Wrote:

Where can i find this reply? Thank you in advance   

there's not exist a definitive solution...  you need to search, found something, and test if works for you.
apparently there's no exist a valid solution for all......

probably this addons need some fix on main code.... but i thinks the development it's ended because it's month and month whitout a new release or news..

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-01-21

Sorry I haven't been available lately, hopefully back to it soon.

For the app not being verified/login issue, your own set of api keys is required. More information: https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/700

There is unlikely to be a fix, and personal api keys will likely be required for everyone.
To resolve the issue properly the add-on requires a verification process to be done by Google which we are unlikely able to satisfy and still have a functioning add-on.

Will be looking into all other issues in the near future.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2020-01-21

(2020-01-21, 06:14)anxdpanic Wrote: Sorry I haven't been available lately, hopefully back to it soon.

cut cut
you can't understand when it makes me happy to read these words....

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - macmelon - 2020-01-21

Under Application restrictions which type should be enabled (if not all)? Thanks!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Alexbenthem - 2020-01-21

(2020-01-17, 10:01)callumgw Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 18:06)donbrew Wrote: But now when I try to use the app I get an error "Access not configured: youtube data API not ......."
I got the two log ins working but now get the error DONBREW got....
Did anyone fix this one?

[Yes I have logged out and in a few times]

Thx
I also have this same problem.
Did a clean install, got the API keys working and configured the InputStream plugin as indicated in other posts. Still not able to get more than 720p.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-01-21

@Alexbenthem
Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos
Otherwise will need a debug log (wiki)

Anyone that's having issues with API key creation, I've added updated screenshots of the process at https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/wiki/Personal-API-Keys

@jmh2002
Can you update the API creation part of the FAQ to point to the new wiki/screenshots when you have a chance. Thanks in advance.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - StakarVN - 2020-01-22

(2020-01-21, 21:10)anxdpanic Wrote: Anyone that's having issues with API key creation, I've added updated screenshots of the process at https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/wiki/Personal-API-Keys

I just now created a new personal API key, it worked.  Your instructions are perfect.  There was one difference : I couldn't choose between "Internal" and "External" in the OAuth User Type-screen (since I'm not a G-Suite user ??  I don't remember what it said).  The two options were kinda greyed out, I couldn't click them.  So I just clicked "Create" at the bottom of the page, and that took me further.

And this is a screenshot of what I get the second time I accept my device.

I clicked "Advanced" and "Go to your_project_name (unsafe)"

(2020-01-22, 11:57)StakarVN Wrote: And this is a screenshot of what I get the second time I accept my device.

I clicked "Advanced" and "Go to your_project_name (unsafe)"

[I can't edit my posts ?]

This is normal if the app isn't verified. After that everything registers correctly and you're using your personal api-key Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2020-01-22

hi @anxdpanic i have a little request...... after the release of the currently 6.5.2 i see there's about 40 commit. Some apparently important like this "8628c71" or "20bcc88" report as "FIX".

For obtain this various fix about two weeks ago i have download the master.zip and installed over 6.5.2 unofficial...... apparently all works (whit all little trouble tryed to explain on github issue like the watched flag) but on preferences i have lost the settings about "Force view mode". Problably the master branch it's not related the "unofficial" branch ?
My question it's... how i can obtain an unofficial branch ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - masinad - 2020-01-23

I just have got to get this error whit youtube plugin v6.5.2
Just now the youtube plugin does not work anymore. I have starting to get this error and cant play anything. Is it just me or youtube has updated something??

==
2020-01-23 22:23:24.856 T:2880885616  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.5.2) on Leia (Kodi-18.5) with Python 2.7.16
                                                Path: /play/
                                                Params: {'video_id': 'DCjgKFjjSjY'}
2020-01-23 22:23:26.818 T:2880885616   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: u'splice'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 60, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 33, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 97, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 19, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 724, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_play.py", line 46, in play_video
                                                video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 96, in get_video_streams
                                                video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 505, in load_stream_infos
                                                return self._method_get_video_info(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 916, in _method_get_video_info
                                                cipher)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 1218, in generate_mpd
                                                url = ''.join([url, sig_param, cipher.get_signature(stream_map['s'])])
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 32, in get_signature
                                                json_script = function_cache.get(FunctionCache.ONE_DAY, self._load_json_script, self._javascript_url)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/function_cache.py", line 108, in get
                                                cached_data = partial_func()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 55, in _load_json_script
                                                return self._load_javascript(javascript)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 98, in _load_javascript
                                                _function = self._get_object_function(object_name, function_name, javascript)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 199, in _get_object_function
                                                return self._object_cache[object_name][function_name]
                                            KeyError: u'splice'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-01-23 22:23:26.974 T:3011940960   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=DCjgKFjjSjY]
==

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - drummerbod - 2020-01-24

Yep... same issue. Videos I watched earlier today are no longer able to play on two different installs. Pi and Windows. 6.5.2.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-01-24

@DjDiabolik @masinad @drummerbod
See below

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with v6.5.3~alpha1
Code:
[fix] playback for some videos (ie. music videos)
[fix] playback of some videos with no adaptive video streams
[fix] don't update watch history when incognito/screensaver/live |contrib: regseb|
[lang] el_gr strings |contrib: twilight0|
[lang] es_es strings |contrib: roliverosc|
[lang] pt_br strings |contrib: MediaBrasil|
[lang] cs_cz strings |contrib: llzn.cz|
[lang] it_it strings |contrib: SebastianoPistore|