Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2020-02-17

Up to Date API Key creation for personal Use

Personal API Creation

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - poppascoop - 2020-02-18

(2020-02-17, 23:45)jdf76 Wrote: Up to Date API Key creation for personal Use

Personal API Creation

Thank you - this worked for me. I love this app and use more than any other,so losing this would be terrible.Thanks a million.
I was stumbling on the Client ID & Secret part. So this walk-through helped me find where I was messing up.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ESCO1 - 2020-02-18

(2020-02-17, 21:10)rykios Wrote: From the kodi logs:

ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |accessNotConfigured| with message: |Project 294899064488 has been scheduled for deletion and cannot be used for API calls.
Visit https://console.developers.google.com/iam-admin/projects?pendingDeletion=true to undelete the project.|

Looks like addon problem with google. The author hopefully can take care of it

Am getting the same error. So is this normal for everyone? Is the addon have problems and this is something the author needs to fix?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - atlantius21 - 2020-02-18

It works with Personal API KEYS

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - salfter - 2020-02-18

Personal API Creation

I deleted my old key and generated a new one.  I copied the relevant bits over to Kodi and tried logging in again.  The first code passed to google.com/device worked.  The second one threw up a warning similar to what I had received earlier, but now there's an option to click through to continue without their verification.  Did that, and maybe another click later, it was done.  The YouTube plugin is now logged back into my account.  w00t!

Personal API Creation

TYSM! It was driving me nuts because I couldnt' fix or figure out how to get it to work again. I followed your easy steps and now my youtube plugin is working flawlessly. Youre the MAN!!!!!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - micolithe - 2020-02-18

Following the API Key guide fixed it for me as well, but I had an additional problem

I realized that somehow my access_manager.json file had become malformed somewhere in the troubleshooting process today? The json file just ended after like 6 lines, no closing brackets or anything. Still not sure how that happened, but an uninstall/reinstall of the addon from the repo, and then updating the api_keys.json file with the oauth client id, oauth client secret, and api key fixed the problem.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - mysteron09 - 2020-02-18

Unfortunately personal API keys aren't working for me. Triple checked them as I pasted them in, keys matched. Saved the keys, shut down Kodi, tried to sign in, and no luck. Same error. Verified the keys yet again and they matched.

Apart from generating another key set, I'm stumped. I'll try that tomorrow, or hopefully this bug will be squashed.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - kbpickens - 2020-02-18

(2020-02-18, 04:08)mysteron09 Wrote: Unfortunately personal API keys aren't working for me. Triple checked them as I pasted them in, keys matched. Saved the keys, shut down Kodi, tried to sign in, and no luck. Same error. Verified the keys yet again and they matched.

Apart from generating another key set, I'm stumped. I'll try that tomorrow, or hopefully this bug will be squashed.
You may need a new project. I tried using an old API project with new keys, and the addon wasn't happy.  I created a new project, copy-and-pasted into settings.xml, saved, rebooted (running LibreELEC 9.0.2), logged in to the addon again, and I'm happily watching videos again.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - mysteron09 - 2020-02-18

(2020-02-18, 04:21)kbpickens Wrote:
(2020-02-18, 04:08)mysteron09 Wrote: Unfortunately personal API keys aren't working for me. Triple checked them as I pasted them in, keys matched. Saved the keys, shut down Kodi, tried to sign in, and no luck. Same error. Verified the keys yet again and they matched.

You may need a new project. I tried using an old API project with new keys, and the addon wasn't happy.  I created a new project, copy-and-pasted into settings.xml, saved, rebooted (running LibreELEC 9.0.2), logged in to the addon again, and I'm happily watching videos again.

Edit - you were correct. Zapped the project, created a new one, followed the steps, and I'm up and running. Thank you!!!!!

(2020-02-18, 04:28)mysteron09 Wrote:
(2020-02-18, 04:21)kbpickens Wrote:

Edit - you were correct. Zapped the project, created a new one, followed the steps, and I'm up and running. Thank you!!!!! 
I was just about to tell you the same thing. I created a new project copy and pasted into the youtube addon api settings and viola!!!!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - LupinSansei - 2020-02-18

I've tried and tried with no luck. Still get that qauth error :/ I had to disable the add-on as it wouldn't let me do anything else in Kodi.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Kane69 - 2020-02-18

Personal API Creation

Tried this, but now it says "Client Secret" is wrong. Have double and triple checked and can't find anything wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - arthrotec - 2020-02-18

Doesn't work. say LoginException:[401] unauthorized

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - speedwell68 - 2020-02-18

Personal API Creation
I tried to follow that, but the screen shots given are nothing like the pages that Google are offering.