Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Haris1977 - 2020-02-19

Only Question is: How long will it last?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - RJ45 - 2020-02-19

@curael Thank you for posting this! It’s the solution I feared yet hoped to avoid. It means jumping through the hoops of creating another Google account that’s diffcult or impossible to trace back to you.

And yeah, I agree it’s ridiculous how they crack down on users unknown to them by an ID. I mean, when will they start introducing things like that to a normal web browser? When will it be “No Google account – no YouTube for you”? However, it fits their behaviour and actions of the last few years. Sorry for the offtopic.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-02-19

@Haris1977
It should work for quite a while, unless something else changes.

@RJ45
This isn't a crackdown on users or trying to link usage to you.

I've clarified the issue more in this comments, 
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/736#issuecomment-587836438
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/736#issuecomment-587850599

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - speedwell68 - 2020-02-19

(2020-02-19, 14:06)sanjonny Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 13:05)curael Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 12:39)HYPERIONzoom Wrote: Adding API keys is not working for me. All I get is "LOGINEXCEPTION:[401] UNATHORIZED_CLIENT". These are new keys (I didn't have a use for them before). I've turned off "use developer keys". I've used copy and paste to make triple sure that I copied the correct credentials in for API key, AIP ID and API Secret. I've tried uninstalling (though Kodi doesn't allow me to uninstall the YouTube addon due to a dependency). I've tried clearing and deleting all the settings etc and running the setup wizard.

It's just not working for me.

Here's to hoping an update can fix this problem for all of us.

Did you do "remove user" after you added the API key? I had to reregister the app from scratch after the keys were inserted. And then it worked. You could also try deleting the addon from your OS instead of inside Kodi. Since you can't remove it. But for me, I didn't have to remove anything. Just remove the "default" user in the addon settings and then do the two auth requests again on google.com/device or what ever. The name of the API access should then show up during registration.   
I would also add I ran into numerous problems getting it to work even though I had a valid oauth setup in the past. Three things I found. If you have not used your api id in awhile, it is deleted deactivated by google (found this on an authentication forum) If you hand create the api key or the oauth key without doing it thru the enabling the youtube v3 and using the create credentials dialog, it will fail, (also from another forum) neiither of these are documented. So process should be
If you already have an old api id, just delete it, rekeying will not work if it has been more than 60 or 90 days
Follow the github guide, but basically
1 create the developer account
2. enable the youtube v3 api...use that dialog to create the oauth credentials first, and the consent screen, give a name then the api key.
3. I found it easiest to copy the keys and secret via the web interface in the app Enable the api configuration page, to enable this go to the 
Settings - API
 and enable 
Enable API configuration page

You should then be able to update your keys by visiting 
http://<IP of Kodi device>:<port>/api
The port used is 
Settings - HTTP Server - Port
 which by default is 
4. Go to maintenance setting and clear the access_manager.json file before you restart
5. Restart kodi. Then do the login scripts. 
There is one part I am unsure of...somewhere in the oath setup about, you pick devices and access. I had to click to add zone access (otherwise its just email and profile). I do not know if that is required to run the app, but I enabled all the locked youtube. That means they will review it at some point, but you might not need to do that to get it to work.
when you reboot, you should get the 2 google auth screens.

One final hint, if you are doing it on multiple devices, after the first is set, use file manager to copy apikeys.json (or whatever it is called) to a network location so you can just add that to the next kodi box. I believe the file is in profiles/add_ondata/plugin.youtube.whatever. That saved time doing my 4 boxes as you just copy that file to the new device using filemanager, then start at step 4 above, saves you all the cut and pastes, restart and do logins. If I think of anything else I will add it, but once I figured it out, got all 4 boxes up in about 7 or 8 minutes. On my devices where I just copied the files, I did not change user status at all, becuase wiping accessmanager I think does that anyway. I will try it out more later but hopefully that solves your problems. 

I did steps 1 -3 and then edited the api-keys.json file manually.  Then copied it to my other two clients over SSH and rebooted all three.  Worked perfectly.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - SmellyCat - 2020-02-19

Hi.
I created my personal API keys.
However after signing in with the google.com/device I get the following error:
Error Contents: Error reason: |accessNotConfigured| with message: |Access Not Configured. YouTube Data API has not been used in project 68470048244 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/overview?project=68470048244 then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry.|

Everything looks fine in the dashboard. The API key is enabled. I waited half an hour already, but every time I start the youtube addon I get that error now.
Did I forget something?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Ralos - 2020-02-19

(2020-02-19, 14:06)sanjonny Wrote: 1 create the developer account
2. enable the youtube v3 api...use that dialog to create the oauth credentials first, and the consent screen, give a name then the api key.
3. I found it easiest to copy the keys and secret via the web interface in the app Enable the api configuration page, to enable this go to the 
Settings - API
 and enable 

The port used is 
 which by default is 
4. Go to maintenance setting and clear the access_manager.json file before you restart
There is one part I am unsure of...somewhere in the oath setup about, you pick devices and access. I had to click to add zone access (otherwise its just email and profile). I do not know if that is required to run the app, but I enabled all the locked youtube. That means they will review it at some point, but you might not need to do that to get it to work.

One final hint, if you are doing it on multiple devices, after the first is set, use file manager to copy apikeys.json (or whatever it is called) to a network location so you can just add that to the next kodi box. I believe the file is in profiles/add_ondata/plugin.youtube.whatever. That saved time doing my 4 boxes as you just copy that file to the new device using filemanager, then start at step 4 above, saves you all the cut and pastes, restart and do logins. If I think of anything else I will add it, but once I figured it out, got all 4 boxes up in about 7 or 8 minutes. On my devices where I just copied the files, I did not change user status at all, becuase wiping accessmanager I think does that anyway. I will try it out more later but hopefully that solves your problems. 
this does not work for me. I cant enable the youtube v3 api.
But it asks for a 12 month subscription and also asks for my credit card.....
WTF?!?! 
You can only use this addon with a payed developer Account now? whats that shit? are you kidding me?
And the whole Page is different than the one in the tutorial... Image
Can anyone tell me how i can get those Api keys without giving my Credit card/paid subscription?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-02-19

@Ralos You shouldn't have to pay at all, the layouts of this process may be different in different countries. Hopefully someone will be able to provide some further insight for you.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - masinad - 2020-02-19

Got it working whit jdf76 manual on github. Now the videos works, but I cant see my playlists from yt app main screen. there is sill sign in option like the app have not signed in?

-EDIT- 
Aha got it.

You need to go Sign in and go to google.com/devices and enter the code 2 times them I can see old layout whit mu playlist in yt app.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - gotiuser01 - 2020-02-19

If I remember it correctly, the original author (Bromix?) once mentioned the probability of implementing ads in the add-on, just like how YouTube serves its ads, to eliminate the need of using a personal API key. Nobody liked the idea back then. My personal API key has been working great for me so naturally ads are not desirable in my case, but I wonder if this may be a viable option (or no longer technically possible) for people who have trouble setting up their keys.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Ralos - 2020-02-19

(2020-02-19, 19:10)anxdpanic Wrote: @Ralos You shouldn't have to pay at all
as far as i can see, i have to subscibe a 12 month test account and have to enter my credit card number (i dont have a credit card) to get an Api code.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - zoli289 - 2020-02-19

Thank you, it works.
I followed the steps to generate those 3 keys.
Started my media player, enter youtube addon settings, switched OFF "use developer keys" and switched ON "enable personal keys".
Then entered 3 keys. (man, doing that with the IR remote and onscreen keyboard, was more than 10 mins!).
Pressed Ok, and it works!
And indeed, no need to login to youtube.
THANK YOU!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - speedwell68 - 2020-02-19

(2020-02-19, 20:04)zoli289 Wrote: Thank you, it works.
Started my media player, enter youtube addon settings, switched OFF "use developer keys" and switched ON "enable personal keys".
Then entered 3 keys. (man, doing that with the IR remote and onscreen keyboard, was more than 10 mins!).
THANK YOU!

I never login on Kodi either.  I just use it as a cast receiver from any of my devices.  I gave trying to enter those keys in the UI and just did it in the terminal.  

As an aside, is there a way to paste something into the Kodi UI?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - vvallaria - 2020-02-19

Hi folks,

Trying to fix this thing and running into a problem with the youtube data api v3 page. When I go to the page to enable the youtube data api it always fails to load the enable button. I get "Page loading error. Refresh this page to try again." which I have done multiple times. Tried this yesterday and today but it keeps giving me this error.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? (tried with other api's and it's always the same error)

Thanks in advance.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - zoli289 - 2020-02-19

(2020-02-19, 22:48)speedwell68 Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 20:04)zoli289 Wrote: Thank you, it works.
THANK YOU!

I never login on Kodi either.  I just use it as a cast receiver from any of my devices.  I gave trying to enter those keys in the UI and just did it in the terminal.  

As an aside, is there a way to paste something into the Kodi UI? 
Easier if you just edit the settings file on your player from your PC via network: \Userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube\api_keys.json

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdig4240 - 2020-02-20

(2020-02-19, 17:51)Ralos Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 14:06)sanjonny Wrote: 1 create the developer account
Settings - API
 and enable 

The port used is 
 which by default is 

this does not work for me. I cant enable the youtube v3 api.
But it asks for a 12 month subscription and also asks for my credit card.....
WTF?!?! 
You can only use this addon with a payed developer Account now? whats that shit? are you kidding me?
And the whole Page is different than the one in the tutorial... Image
Can anyone tell me how i can get those Api keys without giving my Credit card/paid subscription?  
What a Douche you sound like.  People need to calm down and read a few pages in this thread.