Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - spinmaster - 2020-02-22

Finally got the Addon working as well, thanks to the previous posts. Here is what I did:

• Uninstalled the YouTube Addon and made a fresh re-install of the same.
  • Logging into the Google API Developer Console, I still had an old Kodi-Project for my previous YouTube Addon API key, although it wasn't in use for the Addon lately. I deleted that Project and created a new one (used a different name for that Project too). I think some previous user mentioned that the quota is set to 0 if a Project is not used for a while.
  • I then followed the instructions exactly as mentioned on the GitHub page from @jdf76, creating a new set of all three keys. I find the screenshots on that page very helpful and had no issues at all.
  • Lastly, edited api_keys.json with the new keys and rebooted my Kodi machine. I didn't do anything with the access_manager.json file as some users apparently had to.

New API credentials were picked up immediately in the Addon settings and YouTube is working again. Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Dorector - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-22, 19:05)scott967 Wrote:
(2020-02-21, 21:24)mrpg Wrote: Would love a youtube plugin that just works, i can live with ads, please can somebody make one that works like you are accessing the site from any web browser, like you can outside of kodi.

Might try installing chrome launcher addon (need to install chrome first). Then launch chrome from Kodi and use chrome to get youtube.  (the addon comes preconfigured for youtube and vimeo.)

scott s.

Would that work on Kodi on an Rpi?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - as1mov - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-17, 23:43)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-02-17, 23:13)jdf76 Wrote:
(2020-02-17, 22:14)Evil_Genius_Prog Wrote: You don't get adverts on YouTube when you use the Kodi version, I rum CoreElec and it worked fine till last week then it all went tits up. Ever since I've tried to get used to the android application but the ads are driving me nuts, and you can't autoplay your subscriptions, when you go to your subs and play one, YT just slap anything they want to promote not what you want to watch. Bugger it I'll dump YT and go for Bitchute, it's getting busy there.

So I had to delete the keys.

Jeff  

Does Youtube frown upon the development of the Kodi Youtube addon? I wonder why theres not an official Kodi addon from Youtube? 

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Ojib - 2020-02-23

I'm going to delete this YouTube addon for Kodi and use my iPad to watch trailers of movies and shows I want to watch... This completely stopped working for me.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DavidMelbourne - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-16, 12:48)RajneeshMalik Wrote:  
thanks this worked altho I used yatse to cut and paste longkeys thanks again!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - the_other_guy - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-22, 19:05)scott967 Wrote:
(2020-02-21, 21:24)mrpg Wrote: Would love a youtube plugin that just works, i can live with ads, please can somebody make one that works like you are accessing the site from any web browser, like you can outside of kodi.

Might try installing chrome launcher addon (need to install chrome first). Then launch chrome from Kodi and use chrome to get youtube.  (the addon comes preconfigured for youtube and vimeo.)

scott s.
only drawback is all youtube using addons are still broken and mouse required

windows 10 users https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348464&pid=2925827#pid2925827

this may ne worth looking at https://github.com/AlwinEsch/web.browser.chromium

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - brendonbell - 2020-02-23

Hi there,

Having issues with Kodi YT Add-on version 6.6.0.
OSMC January 2020 2020.01-2
Rasp Pi 3b

Have loaded correct API Key, API ID, API Secret.
When I complete the sign-in process:

> Sign In
> google.com/devices
> enter code shown on TV screen into prompt at website
> choose a google account
> accept
> Success! Device connected

> then get dropped into 'Settings - YouTube' screen on Kodi with message "LoginException: [401] invalid_client. Invalid client type."

Not sure what to do...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jonib - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-23, 10:07)brendonbell Wrote: Hi there,

Having issues with Kodi YT Add-on version 6.6.0.
OSMC January 2020 2020.01-2
Rasp Pi 3b

Have loaded correct API Key, API ID, API Secret.
When I complete the sign-in process:

> Sign In
> google.com/devices
> enter code shown on TV screen into prompt at website
> choose a google account
> accept
> Success! Device connected

> then get dropped into 'Settings - YouTube' screen on Kodi with message "LoginException: [401] invalid_client. Invalid client type."

Not sure what to do...

I got this too, I had to delete "access_manager.json" and then it worked. Some more details in the posts after my post here.

jonib

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - BEUS - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-22, 19:47)spinmaster Wrote: Finally got the Addon working as well, thanks to the previous posts. Here is what I did:

• Uninstalled the YouTube Addon and made a fresh re-install of the same.
  • Logging into the Google API Developer Console, I still had an old Kodi-Project for my previous YouTube Addon API key, although it wasn't in use for the Addon lately. I deleted that Project and created a new one (used a different name for that Project too). I think some previous user mentioned that the quota is set to 0 if a Project is not used for a while.
  • I then followed the instructions exactly as mentioned on the GitHub page from @jdf76, creating a new set of all three keys. I find the screenshots on that page very helpful and had no issues at all.
  • Lastly, edited api_keys.json with the new keys and rebooted my Kodi machine. I didn't do anything with the access_manager.json file as some users apparently had to.

New API credentials were picked up immediately in the Addon settings and YouTube is working again. Smile 

After following your steps I registered my device twice with Google and now the YT add-on works great again!

* Let's see for how long Wink *

Thank you very much for your post! Nod

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Tsuanna - 2020-02-23

Thank you
(2020-02-17, 23:45)jdf76 Wrote: Up to Date API Key creation for personal Use

Personal API Creation

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - kingsombra - 2020-02-23

Well that's it for me then. I refuse to ever have an account with the single most evil company on the face of the earth Google.

No API for me.

I am now uninstalling an addon that is useless to me.

From now on, Ill browse the webpage and use Free Download Manager to download videos that interest me, to my NAS drive.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - FairKing - 2020-02-23

I was using KODI sometimes but recently I tried it is getting worse and worse.
90% of official plugins is not workable where 50% of them are just youtube channel mirror.
Not user friendly - you have to enter some codes, edit jsons and so on.
And then Youtube issues.
I think KODI is dead now.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - kingsombra - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-23, 20:08)FairKing Wrote: I think KODI is dead now.

I dont think KODI itself is dead.

I still like using it as a media player and at this point NOTHING ELSE.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - charlieroot - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-23, 02:26)Ojib Wrote: I'm going to delete this YouTube addon for Kodi and use my iPad to watch trailers of movies and shows I want to watch... This completely stopped working for me.

Same here (apart from the iPad) and this addon should be marked broken.

Regs,

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DarrenHill - 2020-02-23

As I said before, when it doesn't work for anyone and is no longer maintained, then an addon will be marked broken.

At this point neither applies, so no, it will not be marked broken.

Just because you can't configure it to work doesn't mean others can't. As can be seen from this very thread, many people (including me) have it working fine.