Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - charlieroot - 2020-02-24

(2020-02-23, 23:58)DarrenHill Wrote: As I said before, when it doesn't work for anyone and is no longer maintained, then an addon will be marked broken.

At this point neither applies, so no, it will not be marked broken.

Just because you can't configure it to work doesn't mean others can't. As can be seen from this very thread, many people (including me) have it working fine.

It's not that I cant't make those keys, it's because I won't.

Regs,

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DarrenHill - 2020-02-24

Then nothing is broken, you just can't/won't use it as intended and required.

Just because it doesn't work in the fashion you wish it to, doesn't mean it's broken. Kodi is created for the public, not for you specifically.

(2020-02-24, 00:11)DarrenHill Wrote: Then nothing is broken, you just can't/won't use it as intended and required.

Just because it doesn't work in the fashion you wish it to, doesn't mean it's broken. Kodi is created for the public, not for you specifically.

Thank you for proving my point.

I like Kodi very much and have huge respect for people like Milhouse for working very hard on new builds for the Raspberry Pi.

And Kodi should be for everyone (which it is) but now a Google account (creating those keys is not something for everyone) is required to use the youtube addon. And that's why I think the addon should be marked broken.

Regs,
(still using Milhouse Kodi builds on a Rpi because they are very good)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - as1mov - 2020-02-24

(2020-02-23, 10:07)brendonbell Wrote: Can you tell me where Where do you get these from  API Key, API ID, API Secret please? 

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - kingsombra - 2020-02-24

(2020-02-24, 00:47)charlieroot Wrote:
(2020-02-24, 00:11)DarrenHill Wrote: Then nothing is broken, you just can't/won't use it as intended and required.

Thank you for proving my point.

I like Kodi very much and have huge respect for people like Milhouse for working very hard on new builds for the Raspberry Pi.

And Kodi should be for everyone (which it is) but now a Google account (creating those keys is not something for everyone) is required to use the youtube addon. And that's why I think the addon should be marked broken.

Regs,
(still using Milhouse Kodi builds on a Rpi because they are very good) 

I am going to agree that this should be marked as broken and here is why.

The 5 existing API keys are still in the setup. Since they are still there and do not work, then this is most definitely a bug.

Now I would consider it a "FIX" if the addon is re-writen to remove the 5 existing anonymous keys.
(I still would not use it though)

Now I could be wrong (maybe didnt upgrade 1 machine where I thought I did) and the keys have been removed from the setup, in which case, please just ignore this.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - the_other_guy - 2020-02-24

should you need a developer key to use a simple app ?
my 2cents is if other apps can use YouTube username and password.
If you are unable to sign in to the YouTube app on X1, please verify that you have entered the correct YouTube username and password.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - as1mov - 2020-02-24

(2020-02-24, 01:17)the_other_guy Wrote: should you need a developer key to use a simple app ?
my 2cents is if other apps can use YouTube username and password.
If you are unable to sign in to the YouTube app on X1, please verify that you have entered the correct YouTube username and password.
Hear Hear! In all the years I've been using an Android TV box or one of my Pi's, YouTube has always been part of the Kodi setup.
Practically ALL the providers embed YouTube into their coding so as to use YT for a lot of the media they offer.
If it means you have to become a 'developer' in order to enjoy a bit of entertainment, just because the 'BIG ALPHABET wants to restrict and control
everything and only watch what they want you to, it's all a bit criminal, so bugger it, I'll just have to rely on my ridiculously sized video collection!
Thanks XBMC for all the enjoyment to brought to everyone.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdig4240 - 2020-02-24

(2020-02-23, 23:49)charlieroot Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 02:26)Ojib Wrote: I'm going to delete this YouTube addon for Kodi and use my iPad to watch trailers of movies and shows I want to watch... This completely stopped working for me.

Same here (apart from the iPad) and this addon should be marked broken.

Regs, 
Why would it be marked as broken? I put my API keys and its working just fine for me. Just cause your too lazy to make free API keys doesnt mean the rest of us shouldnt be able to use it. Just like any other addon that requires credentials.

Why would it be marked as broken? 
what would you call some thing that drops all user info for no apparent reason
The YouTube Application Programming Interface (YouTube API) allows developers  to access video statistics and YouTube channels data via two types of calls, REST and XML-RPC. Google describe the YouTube API Resources as "APIs and Tools that let you bring the YouTube experience to your webpage, application or device  broken

What does YouTube API failed mean?
This error indicates that the user has an unlinked Google Account, which means that the user has a Google Account but does not have a YouTube channel. Such users can access many features that are dependent on user authorization, such as rating videos or adding videos to a watch_later playlist. broken

(2020-02-24, 02:22)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 23:49)charlieroot Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 02:26)Ojib Wrote: I'm going to delete this YouTube addon for Kodi and use my iPad to watch trailers of movies and shows I want to watch... This completely stopped working for me.

Same here (apart from the iPad) and this addon should be marked broken.

Regs,   
Why would it be marked as broken? I put my API keys and its working just fine for me. Just cause your too lazy to make free API keys doesnt mean the rest of us shouldnt be able to use it. Just like any other addon that requires credentials.  
Have you read my consecutive posts?

Regs,

[split] Creating your first Youtube Add-on - dule0 - 2020-02-24

I have problem to sign in on youtube add-on.It demand of me to enter code on google.com/device ,after sucseful done on my browser when it say that my device is conected, kodi open settings nothing else, no to try another enter code ,  it demand from me to open two applications again and again...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Paulo Boullos - 2020-02-24

I always used the unofficial version because it shows the information of the date the video was posted that the official version doesn't show.
Unfortunately unofficial version 6.6.0 presents problems in the audio (crackles) when playing a video.
Does anyone know how to edit the official plugin (plugin.video.youtube-6.6.0) so that it also shows the date the video was posted?

Thanks!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdig4240 - 2020-02-24

(2020-02-24, 02:58)charlieroot Wrote:
(2020-02-24, 02:22)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 23:49)charlieroot Wrote: Same here (apart from the iPad) and this addon should be marked broken.

Regs,   
Have you read my consecutive posts?

Regs,  

Yea, well, if its marked as broken, nobody can use it, why would you want that? Also any addon that requires it as a dependency wont install either. Oh, and the fact that it working just fine with my own keys also. Dont be stupid. How is marking it broken going to help anything?

RE: [split] Creating your first Youtube Add-on - publicENEMY - 2020-02-24

(2020-02-24, 04:04)dule0 Wrote: I have problem to sign in on youtube add-on.It demand of me to enter code on google.com/device ,after sucseful done on my browser when it say that my device is conected, kodi open settings nothing else, no to try another enter code ,  it demand from me to open two applications again and again...

me too. any solution?

FOR THE ONES THAT SAY IT IS NOT BROKEN TAKE THE RESET TEST 
total removal of kodi then install youtube and run singing in set up device and time how long it take you to get the error