Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

Youtube addon not working - TVJesus - 2020-02-26

Hi

What's wrong with the official Youtube addon?
I get error message something like " This project has been schedule for deletion"

Thanks

RE: Youtube addon not working - scott967 - 2020-02-26

(2020-02-26, 03:38)TVJesus Wrote: Hi

What's wrong with the official Youtube addon?
I get error message something like " This project has been schedule for deletion"

Thanks

All is explained in the dedicated youtube thread:

348464 (thread)

scott s.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ClaudeR - 2020-02-26

oh oh just found this thread, so that's why sending links from my phone to youtube add on doesn't work anymore... what a mess. I surely won't be registering an account on google for this or anything else for that matter. I found a quick an easy solution that works 100% for me : uninstalled the youtube addon and tell the childrens that they can't watch any more online videos on tv because GOOGLE IS PLAYING SHIT. For sure, they will remember well, lesson learned.

Ps for the dev: I understand you had no other easy choice and I thanks you for the time you spend on it.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - hams1000 - 2020-02-26

(2020-02-24, 14:20)MaxieWagner Wrote: Is there a chance, or even a likelihood, that this issue will eventually be fixed through an update?

While the instructions are clear (if not tedious should you have to manually type all 3 keys), I work with many seniors who are simply incapable of handing this instructional solution.

They love watching their YouTube links, but will never be able to manage fixes of this nature.

Are they permanently out-of-luck?

Here's hoping that all API-challenged users will eventually be rescued by a centralized update.

Is there a chance this might happen?

Sounds like it's the person's responsibility that set them up with Kodi to change their keys. .

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - FreakMurderer - 2020-02-26

How setup addon for now? Addon 6.6.0 not working for me.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdig4240 - 2020-02-26

(2020-02-26, 18:47)FreakMurderer Wrote: How setup addon for now? Addon 6.6.0 not working for me.

Jesus, try reading a little. Thats all thats been discussed over the last 10 or so pages.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-02-26

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with 6.7.0~alpha1
Code:
~alpha1
[add] send PlaybackStarted notification containing video_id of the playing video
[fix] allow playback regardless of API status
- fixes playback for strm, playlists, other add-ons, and sharing videos from devices
[fix] fix possible loop due to invalid keys and login information
[fix] fix playback of mpeg-dash streams if HTTP Server - Listen on IP is blank
[upd] use a dialog to notify users of API key requirements with link to wiki
- https://ytaddon.page.link/keys

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - elshiftos - 2020-02-26

Hi there!

I just signed up to thank you guys for all your hard work getting the YT add-on up and running again.

I created the API keys whilst logged into google using my main YT account. When the keys were installed, I signed into the YT add-on with the same account, completed the two-step process, and all was working fine. The icing on the cake is that the Input stream adaptive is still working and enables 1080/60p playback - all good Smile

Thanks!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Dorector - 2020-02-26

(2020-02-26, 15:52)ClaudeR Wrote: oh oh just found this thread, so that's why sending links from my phone to youtube add on doesn't work anymore... what a mess. I surely won't be registering an account on google for this or anything else for that matter. I found a quick an easy solution that works 100% for me : uninstalled the youtube addon and tell the childrens that they can't watch any more online videos on tv because GOOGLE IS PLAYING SHIT. For sure, they will remember well, lesson learned.

Ps for the dev: I understand you had no other easy choice and I thanks you for the time you spend on it.

Yep this.
Though I have gone back to the inbuilt keys and if I'm lucky they haven't expired for the day when I want to watch something.  Though given the way YT has been going the last few years there's not much worth watching there anyway any more.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - terrandroid - 2020-02-26

(2020-02-26, 21:26)anxdpanic Wrote: I've updated post #2 and the repositories with 6.7.0~alpha1
Code:
~alpha1
[add] send PlaybackStarted notification containing video_id of the playing video
[fix] allow playback regardless of API status
- fixes playback for strm, playlists, other add-ons, and sharing videos from devices
[fix] fix possible loop due to invalid keys and login information
[fix] fix playback of mpeg-dash streams if HTTP Server - Listen on IP is blank
[upd] use a dialog to notify users of API key requirements with link to wiki
- https://ytaddon.page.link/keys

Thank U very much!!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Wojtek - 2020-02-27

(2020-02-26, 01:23)Wojtek Wrote: I would have to ask for verification directly anyway, as I've been informed by Google that my project doesn't need one. A log will follow tomorrow. 
@anxdpanic - OK, here's the log (some 24hrs after last time I deleted access_manager.json I got youtube add-on errors back again): https://paste.kodi.tv/ulokacipev.kodi - for spacesaving reasons I cut out the Netflix plug-in raw thumbnail image data.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-02-27

@Wojtek 
I don't see anything that stands out. I will try to see if there is anything I can find that might be the cause of access_manager.json becoming corrupt.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Wojtek - 2020-02-27

(2020-02-27, 00:38)anxdpanic Wrote: @Wojtek 
I don't see anything that stands out. I will try to see if there is anything I can find that might be the cause of access_manager.json becoming corrupt.
Perhaps it is the very same reason I always have to delete it manually, because it throws an error when I try to delete it from plugin configuration? I will include this operation if/once it locks out again (I upgraded to 6.7.0 alpha in the meantime).

Developer Account risk? - hhman - 2020-02-27

Hi,
I confess I didn't read through all 50++ pages of this thread yet.
I understand the situation from what I read: the kodi youtube plugin needs a youtube API access key, the plugin developer can't/wont' let use all use his own keys anymore. There are no "free" access keys because google won't let them be, so everybody must create his own.

Question: I don't know enough about the context. By creating a developer access and youtube keys with my own google account - is there any risk google could decide to blacklist my account for some reason? For example if I do something wrong and the plugins connects badly to often? Usage will be normal, just a home media center for a family, low usage.

In other words: should I create another new google account for myself and create the keys with that one instead of my "real" google account? In that case, will I be able to use the API Keys of this new dev account, but log in with the plugin into google/youtube with my main account (in order to get my own history, likes, playlists and so on)?
OTOH, would I be in violation with google somehow by creating a secondary (fake?) google account for the API keys?

Thanks

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - defunkt - 2020-02-27

Should personal API keys be working with 6.6.0 on 17.6 (LibreElec 8.2.5 on Amlogic)?

No matter how many times I enter the keys (via HTTP Server - "Successfully updated: API Id Personal API keys are enabled." or by editing api_keys.json) and restart I always go straight to the anonymous (not logged-on) root page.

Can't remember how OAuth approval worked when I originally setup the YT plugin (before this latest s**t-show) but I seem to recall some sort of in-Kodi confirmation dialog. I don't get any such thing.

Also my client ID ends with .apps.googleusercontent.com which is always stripped when the JSON is saved, is this normal?