Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - brendonbell - 2020-02-28

Hi there,

I'm still getting 'LoginException: [401] invalid_client Invalid Client Type' error msg on screen and can't work out why.
Is anyone able to work through checking settings with me please?

How can I find some logs that will help to get the bottom of this issue?

Kodi YT Add-on version 6.6.0. OSMC January 2020 2020.01-2 Rasp Pi 3b

Thanks,
Brendon

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - djgrind - 2020-02-29

(2020-02-28, 23:34)djgrind Wrote: Did everything (created 3 keys) and then tried method 1 and it didn't work, tried method 3 and I could do 2 step verify but as soon as that's done I get locked out. "YouTube error. Check log"
Tried a few times and out of ideas. Any help?
Managed to get it going.
Did method 1. Samething happened as previous after 2nd verify, I shut down lodi and manually went to the 1st json file and deleted. Restarted kodi and went back to YouTube, my api's are still there but it's asking to sign in again. I skipped the sign in this time and tested a video and it works. The end.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - donbrew - 2020-02-29

I guess this is a strange question;  LibreElec 9.2 is still using Kodi 18.5 Python 2.7, the Youtube plugin 6.6.0 uses Python 3 all of a sudden.

Am I missing an easy way to make it function on LE 9.2?  Or, does anybody know how to load Python 3 into 9.2?

It works on LE 9.8/Kodi 19 on my RPi3B, but not on my new RPi4 Milhouse is not supporting RPi4 yet

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jonib - 2020-02-29

(2020-02-28, 23:38)brendonbell Wrote: I'm still getting 'LoginException: [401] invalid_client Invalid Client Type' error msg on screen and can't work out why.
Did you try my solution here?

jonib

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - [email protected] - 2020-02-29

Hi

I got the error today settung up a new kodi on osmc.

Code:
Requesting device and user code failed: Code: |401| JSON: |{u'error_description': u'The OAuth client was deleted.', u'error': u'deleted_client'}|
2020-02-29 08:37:47.181 T:1443885792   ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] LoginException: [401] deleted_client: The OAuth client was deleted.

tried it several time.

Google accepted the access.

what am I missing?

​​​​​​​Thanks

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Dr.Kalvin - 2020-02-29

(2020-02-28, 23:38)brendonbell Wrote: Hi there,

I'm still getting 'LoginException: [401] invalid_client Invalid Client Type' error msg on screen and can't work out why.

Thanks,
Brendon

Hi,

I am having this exact same issue on my Raspberry Pi 3B running latest Libreelec. I've set up my personal keys and signed in using method 1 which has worked, however when I launch the add-on it give the error 'Youtube Error - Checl the log for more information'. I can't find the log anywhere in Kodi files and deleting/reinstalling the add on doesn't make any difference.

Can anyone help?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-02-29

@yomgui, @Dr.Kalvin
Please see the alpha2 version mentioned below.

@brendonbell, @[email protected] 
That would suggest an issue with your Client ID and possibly Client Secret

@donbrew 
The add-on is python 2 and 3 compatible, python 2 support hasn't been removed.

If that doesn't help, I'll require a complete debug log (wiki) with the issue.

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with alpha2
Code:
[fixup] error after sign in for some users

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - yomgui - 2020-02-29

(2020-02-29, 17:11)anxdpanic Wrote: @yomgui, @Dr.Kalvin
Please see the alpha2 version mentioned below.

That did the trick for me ! 
Many thanks  Rofl

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - djgrind - 2020-02-29

(2020-02-29, 10:57)Dr.Kalvin Wrote:
(2020-02-28, 23:38)brendonbell Wrote: Hi there,

Thanks,
Brendon

Hi,

I am having this exact same issue on my Raspberry Pi 3B running latest Libreelec. I've set up my personal keys and signed in using method 1 which has worked, however when I launch the add-on it give the error 'Youtube Error - Checl the log for more information'. I can't find the log anywhere in Kodi files and deleting/reinstalling the add on doesn't make any difference.

Can anyone help?

Do what I did (just a few posts up) and it'll work. Same issue I had

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - donbrew - 2020-02-29

My Python problems seem to be LE related.  I am getting different errors from different addons on different installations of LE.  Weird, working on it.

I have YouTube working on RPi4 and RPi3B and LE9.8 now with the same credentials.  I found that copying api_keys.json and then rebooting and then signing in did the job.  Had to reboot not restart the addon.

@djgrind  On LE go to LE configuration>system scroll down to the bottom to "Submit Log".

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Shomei - 2020-02-29

So with Personal API key videos are now limited to 360p?
Add-ons settings: Video quality 1080p Live / 720p HD

upd
not all videos but some are 360p, but I can watch them in the browser in 1080p

upd2

ok, found this issue
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/737

@Shomei
No, 1080p+ and HDR are working with or without(in the alpha) keys.
Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos
Configure Settings - MPEG-DASH - Video quality, etc.

Will need a complete debug log (wiki) otherwise.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - PSYCHOUT - 2020-02-29

(2020-02-29, 07:29)jonib Wrote:
(2020-02-28, 23:38)brendonbell Wrote: i I'm still getting 'LoginException: [401] invalid_client Invalid Client Type' error msg on screen and can't work out why.
Did you try my solution here?

jonibi  am getting this too 'LoginException: [401] invalid_client Invalid Client Type' . I was up and running yesterday, this seems to have appeared over night. A client ID issue, but what?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Anonnymouse - 2020-02-29

(2020-02-27, 19:03)anxdpanic Wrote: @Ojib
I'd need more information and a complete debug log (wiki), 'still don't play' doesn't give us much to go on.
If you don't use the add-on directly but only use it for trailers, or sharing from remotes etc, see post #2 for the alpha version. In the alpha version playback doesn't require API access, so anything using plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id= urls should work without keys.

Just to let you know, I tried 6.7.0 Alpha 2 today and had to use Kore to share a YouTube video from the Firefox browser to Kodi.  I usually use Yatse as my Kodi remote but that made it pop up the message about needing API keys.

When I hit the share button in the browser on the phone it shares 'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etc' or 'https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=etc' to either Kore or Yatse, but with Yatse something's different with the message by the time it gets to the YouTube add-on.

I also tried the Sky News, Nasa, and ESA Videos plug-ins and they work. The Kurzgesagt add-on unfortunately doesn't work.

As I'm trying to degooglefy as much as possible I'm reluctant to use API keys but I do understand what's happening with the previous set-up (a limited set of API keys shared between all Kodi users and subject to Google changing the usage limit and T&Cs). It would be nice if a couple of other basic things worked without API keys (e.g. search, channel listings) but I understand that would need a big re-design.

But anyway, that was my 6.7.0 Alpha 2 testing. The guy in charge of Yatse is pretty responsive so he may already be fixing this.

@Anonnymouse
I might be able to figure out the issue with a complete debug log (wiki) showing the Yatse playback attempt.