Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - AgentX - 2020-03-18

I got Youtube booboos recently and in hindsight, of course, the solution was here to be found, almost handed on a silver platter Smile
Following post 2, I fetched the (latest) beta and used the clear instructions on how to fetch your personal API keys (post 1).

- Kodi on some Philips Android TV. May check on a Shield device or 2 later.

So thanks nerds for fixing it! Tongue

As to @jcsaba ; you can select an application and delete cache and/or data. If you somehow fail hard you can always factory reset your TV.
This should all be doable. Be aware that the TV probably has a Youtube installation besides your Kodi plugin Wink
As to the others, delete and redo.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jcsaba - 2020-03-18

(2020-03-18, 21:24)AgentX Wrote: I got Youtube booboos recently and in hindsight, of course, the solution was here to be found, almost handed on a silver platter Smile
Following post 2, I fetched the (latest) beta and used the clear instructions on how to fetch your personal API keys (post 1).

- Kodi on some Philips Android TV. May check on a Shield device or 2 later.

So thanks nerds for fixing it! Tongue

As to @jcsaba ; you can select an application and delete cache and/or data. If you somehow fail hard you can always factory reset your TV.
This should all be doable. Be aware that the TV probably has a Youtube installation besides your Kodi plugin Wink
As to the others, delete and redo.
Thanks, in the meantime I was informed how to delete files under ES File Explorer. But back to the original issue, I followed the instructions: I uninstalled You Tube Add-on, turned off Kodi and deleted the Kodi/userdata/add-on-data/plug in video Youtube folder. Then I installed  plugin.video.youtube-6.7.0~beta1.zip from an UBS stick. When I opened YT add-on, it required API keys again. So nothing has changed. Even if all the three types of key is generated (API Key, Client Id, Client Secret) and proceedure as described followed, YT add-on says: API Key is in incorrect. Anyway is it normal that the Client Id generated by google ends with …..a.apps.googleusercontent.com ?
 I am to give up.

Internet connection dies on starting 2nd YT vid (1st one OK) - dabear182 - 2020-03-19

I'm having a problem with internet connectivity on a Kodi install; I believe the problem is on only one (of my 3) Kodi installations and furthermore it seems to be specific to the Youtube app.  I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on how to get more information to help me with my troubleshooting.

BACKGROUND: 
This has been going on for a while but now it has taken a serious turn for the worse.
For quite a while now, (maybe since version 17?) when playing a file from Youtube, the first one would play fine, the next selection would, more often than not, fail after the first few seconds of play; the screen would freeze for perhaps 30 seconds and not reliably respond to the remote, then would fall back to the video selection screen.  At that point I could usually play the 2nd video succesfully and likewise any videos after that would be fine.
Now however, it has the same pattern in that 1st vid is fine, if there is going to be a problem it will be the 2nd vid, but now it trashes the internet connection, though I don't know in what way. Furthermore, Kodi just becomes completely unresponsive, frozen on screen a few seconds into the vid. Task Manager shows Kodi is actively doing something but is not responding.  I have to kill it (really piling up the crash logs).

MY EFFORTS SO FAR:
If I disable/enable the Network connection it will reconnect but the same thing will happen again very quickly; I've also "netsh reset" which (maybe) gets a few more vids in before failure.  The router claims the PC is still connected but it is not talking.  Windows Troubleshooter just resets it as well.  Kodi debug log doesn't appear to point to any network issue, just a sudden inability to load texture files it wants from the stream. I have replaced cables and changed router ports, disconnected various combinations of other devices (even though it only affects Youtube), changed skins, changed over to my own Youtube API.  I am honestly at wits end.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Blue_Scout - 2020-03-19

I am having issues with YouTube on a raspberry pi2 since beginning this year. Libreelec Kodi 9.2.1. fresh install.

I freshly installed Kodi and YouTube today. But I can't seem to play any videos or select the play from my phone function...

https://paste.kodi.tv/ejovofacot

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - FXB78 - 2020-03-19

(2020-03-19, 12:54)Blue_Scout Wrote: I am having issues with YouTube on a raspberry pi2 since beginning this year. Libreelec Kodi 9.2.1. fresh install.

I freshly installed Kodi and YouTube today. But I can't seem to play any videos or select the play from my phone function...

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348464&pid=2931883#pid2931883

YouTube won't turn on - Dennis_D - 2020-03-19

Whenever I try to access YouTube, it puts up a window asking if I want to "Execute setup wizard?"  It doesn't matter if I choose yes or no.  The window disappears for a moment and then comes back, over and over and over again.  I have to unplug my RPi to restart Kodi to stop it.  I've tried updating it, nothing changes.  If I choose the configure option a blank window comes up.  Kodi won't let me delete and reinstall it because other addons are dependent on it.

Do I have to do a fresh Kodi install or is there another option?

RE: YouTube won't turn on - DarrenHill - 2020-03-19

@Dennis_D - your post has been merged here into the main YouTube support thread (just in case you wondered where it had gone).

RE: Internet connection dies on starting 2nd YT vid (1st one OK) - jdig4240 - 2020-03-20

(2020-03-19, 06:37)dabear182 Wrote: I'm having a problem with internet connectivity on a Kodi install; I believe the problem is on only one (of my 3) Kodi installations and furthermore it seems to be specific to the Youtube app.  I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on how to get more information to help me with my troubleshooting.

BACKGROUND: 
This has been going on for a while but now it has taken a serious turn for the worse.
For quite a while now, (maybe since version 17?) when playing a file from Youtube, the first one would play fine, the next selection would, more often than not, fail after the first few seconds of play; the screen would freeze for perhaps 30 seconds and not reliably respond to the remote, then would fall back to the video selection screen.  At that point I could usually play the 2nd video succesfully and likewise any videos after that would be fine.
Now however, it has the same pattern in that 1st vid is fine, if there is going to be a problem it will be the 2nd vid, but now it trashes the internet connection, though I don't know in what way. Furthermore, Kodi just becomes completely unresponsive, frozen on screen a few seconds into the vid. Task Manager shows Kodi is actively doing something but is not responding.  I have to kill it (really piling up the crash logs).

MY EFFORTS SO FAR:
If I disable/enable the Network connection it will reconnect but the same thing will happen again very quickly; I've also "netsh reset" which (maybe) gets a few more vids in before failure.  The router claims the PC is still connected but it is not talking.  Windows Troubleshooter just resets it as well.  Kodi debug log doesn't appear to point to any network issue, just a sudden inability to load texture files it wants from the stream. I have replaced cables and changed router ports, disconnected various combinations of other devices (even though it only affects Youtube), changed skins, changed over to my own Youtube API.  I am honestly at wits end.

Try turning off autoplay suggested video in Youtube settings

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - effe.rnr - 2020-03-20

Is it possible to add a global setting for that?

[add] hide_folders, hide_playlists, hide_search, and hide_live to /channel/<channel_id>/ end-point
    - ie. plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/UC4PooiX37Pld1T8J5SYT-SQ/?hide_folders=true will hide all folders(Playlists, Search, and Live) in the channel listing

thanks!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Blue_Scout - 2020-03-20

(2020-03-19, 13:00)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 12:54)Blue_Scout Wrote: I am having issues with YouTube on a raspberry pi2 since beginning this year. Libreelec Kodi 9.2.1. fresh install.

Hi thanks for help. It seems the right direction but I'm having another issue. I have a second account under my official Google account. So this is my Hotmail. So I created a new API for it as I already had one before... However I get an exception.
https://paste.kodi.tv/egelegoxax

RE: Internet connection dies on starting 2nd YT vid (1st one OK) - dabear182 - 2020-03-21

(2020-03-20, 16:00)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 06:37)dabear182 Wrote: I'm having a problem with internet connectivity on a Kodi install; I believe the problem is on only one (of my 3) Kodi installations and furthermore it seems to be specific to the Youtube app.  I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance on how to get more information to help me with my troubleshooting.

BACKGROUND: 

MY EFFORTS SO FAR:

Thanks for the reply; I checked and that setting was already turned off.  I usually chose my vids from the "My Subscriptions" menu and jusrt select one to play, then find another I want to play.  Actually I have played 4-5 vids today with no failures but that happens once in a while.  Also forgot to mention that I also use the Twitch app a lot and I haven't had this issue crop up on it so far.

RE: Internet connection dies on starting 2nd YT vid (1st one OK) - dabear182 - 2020-03-21

(2020-03-21, 04:14)dabear182 Wrote:
(2020-03-20, 16:00)jdig4240 Wrote:

BACKGROUND: 

MY EFFORTS SO FAR:

Thanks for the reply; I checked and that setting was already turned off.  I usually chose my vids from the "My Subscriptions" menu and jusrt select one to play, then find another I want to play.  Actually I have played 4-5 vids today with no failures but that happens once in a while.  Also forgot to mention that I also use the Twitch app a lot and I haven't had this issue crop up on it so far.

Sorry jdig4240, I tried to reply to your reply and somehow messed this up.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Blue_Scout - 2020-03-21

(2020-03-20, 20:27)Blue_Scout Wrote:
(2020-03-19, 13:00)FXB78 Wrote:

Hi thanks for help. It seems the right direction but I'm having another issue. I have a second account under my official Google account. So this is my Hotmail. So I created a new API for it as I already had one before... However I get an exception.
https://paste.kodi.tv/egelegoxax

So I can play movies from popular or search or my phone now but I am not able to login...

Today I tried to make a new API again to no avail

https://paste.kodi.tv/upotuwenet

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - allmotormark - 2020-03-21

When playing this link in the app,

https://youtu.be/KN4_9IBLlks

I only get an AAC audio file for 3-4 seconds. If I turn mpeg-dash on I get an error

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Alan11581 - 2020-03-21

I started getting the YouTube: acessNotConfigured project about a week ago when trying to play trailers in Kodi. What I don't understand is why the heck would I need to re-create or do anything with the google API. When I first installed Kodi I would go to a movie hit information select trailer and it prompted me or let me know youtube was not installed to play a trailer and asked if I wanted to install it, I said yes and it has worked for the last year or so.

So why all of a sudden does that not work. I uninstalled the add-on got the same message to install if i wanted to watch trailers and still get that error. Did youtube maybe change the way the API access there site and the add-on just need to updated to match.