Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - franky56 - 2020-04-18

Hi, is it possible to have an option so that the Watch Later list displays in reverse order (ie most recently added item listed first, instead of oldest item first)?

(Maybe its just me, but I have about 6 pages of Watch Later Blush , and to get to the most recently added video is painfully slow.)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Blue_Scout - 2020-04-19

I am still not able to sign in. I can play movies selected from smartphone. But I'm not able to access my subscriptions from the plug-in. Which is an Option I like to use.

https://paste.kodi.tv/hizehekoli

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - xenophrenia - 2020-04-20

okay ... I've been using this plug-in since at least 2016 ... have an API that I created in 2017 along with an OAuth credential ... I'm using the latest version of OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3 ... 

I decided to totally wipe my Kodi install and start over because of some issues I'd been having and I installed the YouTube plug-in and proceeded to attempt to sign in ... gives me some sort of authentication error and doesn't give me the second login

I am NOT experienced with manual entry of settings - I've always used the GUI ... there is no setting for entering an API (unless that's only something I can do once logged in) - I'm seeing some references that look like they are for manual entry and I have NO idea how to even get to that and haven't done that type of thing since DOS was still a thing ...

any assistance for a computer able but completely out their element here user would be GREATLY appreciated ... 

the computer I enter the codes is in another room from the TV and the error message in the corner of the screen goes by so quickly that I'm not sure what it says exactly - I use this plug-in daily and now I can't watch ANYTHING from YouTube my Pi ... if there is a YouTube video walkthrough to do this I could watch - that would also be extremely helpful ... I can usually work my way through this stuff but I have no idea where to start with this one

please help

(2020-04-20, 07:38)xenophrenia Wrote: okay ... I've been using this plug-in since at least 2016 ... have an API that I created in 2017 along with an OAuth credential ... I'm using the latest version of OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3 ... 

I decided to totally wipe my Kodi install and start over because of some issues I'd been having and I installed the YouTube plug-in and proceeded to attempt to sign in ... gives me some sort of authentication error and doesn't give me the second login

I am NOT experienced with manual entry of settings - I've always used the GUI ... there is no setting for entering an API (unless that's only something I can do once logged in) - I'm seeing some references that look like they are for manual entry and I have NO idea how to even get to that and haven't done that type of thing since DOS was still a thing ...

any assistance for a computer able but completely out their element here user would be GREATLY appreciated ... 

the computer I enter the codes is in another room from the TV and the error message in the corner of the screen goes by so quickly that I'm not sure what it says exactly - I use this plug-in daily and now I can't watch ANYTHING from YouTube my Pi ... if there is a YouTube video walkthrough to do this I could watch - that would also be extremely helpful ... I can usually work my way through this stuff but I have no idea where to start with this one

please help
I uploaded a log to the osmc.tv paste site ... this is what the error states:
Quote:ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] LoginException: [401] invalid_client: The OAuth client was not found.

hopefully this helps ... my main question - how do I enter these codes if there is no place to do so in the settings (there used to be - that's how I had entered them originally) ...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - wcndave - 2020-04-20

(2020-04-20, 07:57)xenophrenia Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 07:38)xenophrenia Wrote: okay ... I've been using this plug-in since at least 2016 ... have an API that I created in 2017 along with an OAuth credential ... I'm using the latest version of OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3 ... 

please help
Quote:ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] LoginException: [401] invalid_client: The OAuth client was not found.

hopefully this helps ... my main question - how do I enter these codes if there is no place to do so in the settings (there used to be - that's how I had entered them originally) ... 
On page 1 of this thread, there is an updated link - (often the first post of long threads is kept up to date) -
To a page on how to create the keys, and how to install them: https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/wiki/Personal-API-Keys

I use method 2.

You open the settings for YouTube plugin
go to API section
enable "API config page"
then I was able to go to myip:50152/api and enter the values there.
This is really just to save typing in those very long strings on the kodi UI.

It's recommended to disable the config page after.

(2020-04-20, 08:30)wcndave Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 07:57)xenophrenia Wrote:

please help

On page 1 of this thread, there is an updated link - (often the first post of long threads is kept up to date) -
To a page on how to create the keys, and how to install them: https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/wiki/Personal-API-Keys

I use method 2.

go to API section
enable "API config page"

but there is ISN'T anything in the setting to allow API entry ...

that's the problem - how do I find the setting to enable the page because it's NOT in any setting I can see inside the add-on so I assumed that it must be some sort of command line entry ... 

;-(

(2020-04-20, 09:19)xenophrenia Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 08:30)wcndave Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 07:57)xenophrenia Wrote: I uploaded a log to the osmc.tv paste site ... this is what the error states:

I use method 2.

go to API section
enable "API config page"

that's the problem - how do I find the setting to enable the page because it's NOT in any setting I can see inside the add-on so I assumed that it must be some sort of command line entry ... 

;-( 

well - problem solved and it's a matter of arrows that can't be clicked on (which is how I was trying to use them) and a top menu that can only be moved with a scroll wheel - so I found the API entry folder after all ... can I suggest to anyone making a skin for Kodi to make arrows clickable? I never use a scroll wheel for left to right movement when on my computer so it NEVER occurred to me to use it on Kodi ... sorry for any annoyance my posts may have caused ... appreciate your input wcndave ... spent FOUR HOURS trying to figure this out to accidentally hit a scroll wheel and discover my error ... yeah ... thanks and sorry again ... have a good day everyone - hope quarantine isn't driving you too insane ;-)

(2020-04-20, 10:59)xenophrenia Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 08:30)wcndave Wrote: n page 1 of this thread, there is an updated link - (often the first post of long threads is kept up to date) -

I use method 2.

go to API section
enable "API config page"

;-(    

well - problem solved and it's a matter of arrows that can't be clicked on (which is how I was trying to use them) and a top menu that can only be moved with a scroll wheel - so I found the API entry folder after all ... can I suggest to anyone making a skin for Kodi to make arrows clickable? I never use a scroll wheel for left to right movement when on my computer so it NEVER occurred to me to use it on Kodi ... sorry for any annoyance my posts may have caused ... appreciate your input wcndave ... spent FOUR HOURS trying to figure this out to accidentally hit a scroll wheel and discover my error ... yeah ... thanks and sorry again ... have a good day everyone - hope quarantine isn't driving you too insane ;-)   

Maybe it's skin dependent then, I found it here:

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - FXB78 - 2020-04-20

(2020-04-20, 08:30)wcndave Wrote: On page 1 of this thread, there is an updated link - (often the first post of long threads is kept up to date) -

I use method 2.

go to API section
enable "API config page"

;-(   

You don't need a scroll wheel, just use left/right keyboard buttons. Also using a mouse and clicking on things is a terrible way to use Kodi and not how it is intended to be used. If you have to use a mouse then consider using touch skins.

(2020-04-20, 11:34)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 09:19)xenophrenia Wrote: but there is ISN'T anything in the setting to allow API entry ...

;-(   

You don't need a scroll wheel, just use left/right keyboard buttons. Also using a mouse and clicking on things is a terrible way to use Kodi and not how it is intended to be used. If you have to use a mouse then consider using touch skins.  

it's a Raspberry Pi attached to our television - don't have a keyboard because there is very little use for it ;-) ... it works great with a mouse for me ... well - most of the time at least

(2020-04-20, 11:23)wcndave Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 09:19)xenophrenia Wrote: but there is ISN'T anything in the setting to allow API entry ...

;-(    

Maybe it's skin dependent then, I found it here:

yes - which is what I was doing when I discovered it - saw something similar on a video I was watching so I changed skins and while doing something else accidentally hit the scroll wheel and it side-scrolled ... smh and went back to my skin (Confluence) and sure enough ... that was the problem - wasted 4 hours on it too ... sigh ... thanks again

(2020-04-20, 13:50)xenophrenia Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 11:34)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 10:59)xenophrenia Wrote: well - problem solved and it's a matter of arrows that can't be clicked on (which is how I was trying to use them) and a top menu that can only be moved with a scroll wheel - so I found the API entry folder after all ... can I suggest to anyone making a skin for Kodi to make arrows clickable? I never use a scroll wheel for left to right movement when on my computer so it NEVER occurred to me to use it on Kodi ... sorry for any annoyance my posts may have caused ... appreciate your input wcndave ... spent FOUR HOURS trying to figure this out to accidentally hit a scroll wheel and discover my error ... yeah ... thanks and sorry again ... have a good day everyone - hope quarantine isn't driving you too insane ;-)   

it's a pie attached to our television - don't have a keyboard because there is very little use for it ;-) ... it works great with a mouse for me ... well - most of the time at least 

If it's attached to a television, that's even less reason to use a mouse!!

You ideally want to set up a remote, using something like a FLIRC dongle, so you can just use a remote (any old one), or a universal remote.
I have universal remote set up, but also a tiny mini wifi keyboard (like 15cm across), just for when searching for things by name.
I can't imagine using a mouse on a TV ;-)

(2020-04-20, 13:53)xenophrenia Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 11:23)wcndave Wrote:
yes - which is what I was doing when I discovered it - saw something similar on a video I was watching so I changed skins and while doing something else accidentally hit the scroll wheel and it side-scrolled ... smh and went back to my skin (Confluence) and sure enough ... that was the problem - wasted 4 hours on it too ... sigh ... thanks again 

The ability to navigate left/right/up/down has pretty much always been fundamental - not even sure how you got set up... so I am glad you got it working, however I don't think you can shake your head ;-)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2020-04-20

@anxdpanic there's present a bug? 
i have an subscribed channel i know it's have a live stream exactly right now.
from app of my smart tv it's be listed correctly after a search the channel.

on last addons 6.7.1-alpha1 this same Livestream it's impossible to search... i have tried to access on channel and it's not listed.... 

it's right now live on official FPI YouTube channel... (federazione pugilistica italiana)

it's not all Livestream correctly indexed?

*EDIT*

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wYF_eEvMeRo

this is the direct link of livestream... i don't know because it's impossible to search out by addons. it's not correct listed or something.

(2020-04-20, 13:53)wcndave Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 13:50)xenophrenia Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 11:34)FXB78 Wrote: You don't need a scroll wheel, just use left/right keyboard buttons. Also using a mouse and clicking on things is a terrible way to use Kodi and not how it is intended to be used. If you have to use a mouse then consider using touch skins.  

it's a pie attached to our television - don't have a keyboard because there is very little use for it ;-) ... it works great with a mouse for me ... well - most of the time at least  

If it's attached to a television, that's even less reason to use a mouse!!

You ideally want to set up a remote, using something like a FLIRC dongle, so you can just use a remote (any old one), or a universal remote.
I have universal remote set up, but also a tiny mini wifi keyboard (like 15cm across), just for when searching for things by name.
I can't imagine using a mouse on a TV ;-) 

never considered that a remote would work with a Raspberry Pi I guess - I've been using it for years and it's worked quite well for me and what I use it for (mainly Plex and YouTube) ... don't have to go much beyond that unless I'm having an issue or re-install Kodi it seems ... 

anyway - I'll look into a remote but frankly I'm so used to using the mouse for the limited things I watch I may find the 'getting used to a different way of doing things' more frustrating than its worth ... I see there's a way of using a smart phone I might look into ... this started as a way to put YouTube on the TV with very limited funds and just kept using it that way ... but I'm open to finding out if something is an easier or better way of doing it ;-) ...