Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Hipoalergeniko - 2020-05-19

The videos on this channel never show at more than 360p. What can i do? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0rGbmX1_E

Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/ - flying_broccoli - 2020-05-19

Hello, 
Some months ago I Installed Youtube addon from the official repo and did the API credentials setup using the wiki steps. After that the login was smooth.
I re-installed OSMC few days ago, and then I had to reinstall youtube addon and reconfigure it: after the double plugin step on accounts.google.com/device seems to work, osmc freezes right after the second authorization has been granted, and I have to restart it via power adapter or ssh.

My OSMC is running Kodi 18.6
Youtube plugin version is 6.8.2

What I have tried:
  • Regenerate API id and API secret and updated plugin api config
  • Removed old plugin authorization from google account.
  • Cleaned avery kind of plugin data from the "maintenance" menu
  • Tried the second configuration method from the setup wiki, (I always used method one)
After enabling the event log, grabbed the file log and found this error:

2020-05-19 16:21:10.694 T:1916036656 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/

You can see error at the bottom of the log.

I used to do a massive use of this addon on my OSMC, any help would be much appreciated.

RE: Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/ - flying_broccoli - 2020-05-19

(2020-05-19, 19:44)flying_broccoli Wrote: Hello, 
Some months ago I Installed Youtube addon from the official repo and did the API credentials setup using the wiki steps. After that the login was smooth.
I re-installed OSMC few days ago, and then I had to reinstall youtube addon and reconfigure it: after the double plugin step on accounts.google.com/device seems to work, osmc freezes right after the second authorization has been granted, and I have to restart it via power adapter or ssh.

My OSMC is running Kodi 18.6
Youtube plugin version is 6.8.2

What I have tried:
  • Regenerate API id and API secret and updated plugin api config
  • Removed old plugin authorization from google account.
  • Cleaned avery kind of plugin data from the "maintenance" menu
  • Tried the second configuration method from the setup wiki, (I always used method one)
After enabling the event log, grabbed the file log and found this error:

2020-05-19 16:21:10.694 T:1916036656 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/

You can see error at the bottom of the log.

I used to do a massive use of this addon on my OSMC, any help would be much appreciated.  
Additional log with potentially useful data:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'> Error Contents: time data u'2020-04-18T02:29:28Z' does not match format '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%fZ' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 15, in <module> runner.run(__provider__) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 60, in run __RUNNER__.run(provider, context) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 33, in run results = provider.navigate(context) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 100, in navigate result = method(context, re_match) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 19, in wrapper return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 464, in _on_channel_playlist result.extend(v3.response_to_items(self, context, json_data)) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/v3.py", line 269, in response_to_items result.extend(_process_list_response(provider, context, json_data)) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/v3.py", line 253, in _process_list_response live_details=is_upcoming, use_play_data=use_play_data) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/utils.py", line 292, in update_video_infos video_item.set_aired_utc(utils.datetime_parser.strptime(snippet['publishedAt'])) File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/datetime_parser.py", line 176, in strptime return datetime(*time.strptime(s, fmt)[:6]) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 478, in _strptime_time return _strptime(data_string, format)[0] File "/usr/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 332, in _strptime (data_string, format)) ValueError: time data u'2020-04-18T02:29:28Z' does not match format '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%fZ' -->End of Python script error report<--

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2020-05-20

@flying_broccoli  lol..... you need to know how it's works a forum........ use pastebin or other similar site to post logs........

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - flying_broccoli - 2020-05-20

(2020-05-20, 16:27)DjDiabolik Wrote: @flying_broccoli  lol..... you need to know how it's works a forum........ use pastebin or other similar site to post logs........

@DjDiabolik Sorry for posting log snippets. Anyway, please note that "Additional Log" of my previous message contains the link of the full uploaded log.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - flexmcmurphy - 2020-05-20

Hello,

When using the YouTube add-on is it possible to leave a comment for a YouTube video? I can see how to view comments but not how to leave one.

Also can I "Hide" a video from my subscriptions like is possible on the YT web page?

Cheers,

Flex

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - shedrock - 2020-05-20

(2020-05-20, 18:23)flexmcmurphy Wrote: Hello,

When using the YouTube add-on is it possible to leave a comment for a YouTube video? I can see how to view comments but not how to leave one.

Also can I "Hide" a video from my subscriptions like is possible on the YT web page?

Cheers,

Flex
How do you view comments? I never knew that feature was available.

Thanks,

Shedrock

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jonib - 2020-05-21

(2020-05-20, 23:23)shedrock Wrote: How do you view comments? I never knew that feature was available.

If you have a current version of the Youtube plugin, you access the comments from the video context menu -> "More..."

jonib

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - bitbanger - 2020-05-21

Hello,
since some time I started to notice a small but annoying issue with rating videos: if I give a like/dislike, the plugin returns an error on the screen (although the rating does get stored to YT).
See the pastebin log for the messages generated during the error.

Any idea what could cause it?

My system: OSMC 2020-03 (Kodi 18.6)
YouTube plug-in version: 6.8.2

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-05-22

@Hipoalergeniko
It's a known issue, haven't found a solution yet.

@flying_broccoli
The log for the sign in issue doesn't have debug logging enabled.
The second log and snippet are for an outdated version, and the issue is resolved in 6.8.x

@flexmcmurphy
Currently no way to leave comments or 'hide' a video

@bitbanger
Thanks for the report, in the future please post the complete debug log (wiki).
In this case I was able to reproduce easily, and fixed the issue in ~alpha1

I've updated post #2 and the repositories to 6.8.3~alpha1
Code:
~alpha1
[fix] fix rating videos causing and error even though it succeeded
[upd] cache javascript player url for 4 hours, reduces http requests per play by 1

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - abga - 2020-05-22

(2020-05-10, 01:06)anxdpanic Wrote: @abga 
I haven't been able to reproduce the hang on disable, but I will keep trying for the next release..

It's easy to reproduce, just tried it recently. Loaded a clean LibreELEC 8.2.5 containing Kodi 17.6 on a Raspberry Pi Zero, installed the YouTube Plug-in, didn't configure it, and just went to stop it. Kodi hung and had to restart the system (remote ssh). After the restart I enabled the YouTube Plug-in back and went again for stopping it, same result, Kodi was hanging.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - shedrock - 2020-05-22

(2020-05-21, 01:30)jonib Wrote: If you have a current version of the Youtube plugin, you access the comments from the video context menu -> "More..."

jonib 
Thank you, I will try that out tonight.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2020-05-23

@abga 
I was able to reproduce, but wasn't able to resolve the issue yet.
I added a bunch of extra logging and the add-on is exiting completely even though Kodi doesn't seem to think so. The issue isn't present in Kodi 18-19, the add-on disables without issue.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - bitbanger - 2020-05-23

@anxdpanic 
Thanks for the quick fix. Confirmed working.
Sorry for the short debug. Surely if I'll happen to report a more complex issue I'll upload a complete debug.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - abga - 2020-05-23

@anxdpanic 
Thanks for looking into this. Well, I already have a workaround, restarting Kodi with the remote (launching a script in irexec) when it hangs.
I'm stuck with Kodi 17, cannot make use of Kodi 18 on vc4 powered Raspberries because the OMX acceleration is broken and nobody seem to care about. I must admit I tried to make it work properly and failed:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-arm-108/kodi-leia-18-x-mediaplayer-optimized-for-raspberry-pi1-zero-pi2b-pi3b-on-slackware-arm-14-2-sf-and-slackware-arm-current-hf-4175647585/
Kodi 19 dumped OMX for good and I'm already considering to move to x86 for my HTPC/MPC needs.