Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - asik1 - 2018-02-04

I guess this has been asked, but I can't locate the answer,
How I can simply make/add a channels list I want to follow from time to time?
There was a "YT channels" addon that worked up to few months ago, but no more.
On that addon I could search for the channel and add it to my list and when selected I got it's latest videos.
Thank you

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2018-02-04

Use SuperFavourites and add your channels to a folder.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - asik1 - 2018-02-05

(2018-02-04, 21:54)jmh2002 Wrote: Use SuperFavourites and add your channels to a folder.
 Thank you, I tried it but I need more time to understand how to use it.
* In the mean time I found my error with the old YTchannels addon on my system , correct it and now i think it will work fine.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-02-07

@garydebergerac Can also try Settings - Maintenance - Reset access manager, would also recommend updating to use your own keys.

@Arokhaerr That video works for me when logged in, will require a debug_log (wiki) to look further into it.

@janpan You can submit a feature request here, or https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues

@Loky Thank you, and welcome to the community

Updated post #2 with alpha4

~alpha4
  • [add] Storing personal api keys in api_keys.json, restore keys from json on settings loss
  • [add] Storing login tokens in access_manager.json, restore tokens from json on settings loss
  • [upd] API configuration page

API keys, and login tokens can now be restored on settings loss.

API configuration page can be enabled by Settings - API - Enable API configuration page
With this enabled API keys can be configured from a web browser:

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2018-02-07

Awesome updates recently, thanks @anxdpanic !!!

(I see I have a lot of things to add to the FAQ when I have time...)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - imjustme - 2018-02-07

hi,
i do seem to have some of the issues noted before. 
im running kodi 17.6-youtube app 5.5.0(offical), and inputstream of 2.0.19- on android
i can't run anything higher than 720 (no options) no matter of settings in mpeg-dash- and if i enable the proxy, my subscriptions don't play

i read through the forum posts a few times, but still confused and a little lost.. lol 
would these issues im having have to do with the spmc issue or was there something else that i am completely missing ?

i am a tech/kodi newbie so i sincereley apologise if i missed the answer during my reading or something  Smile

@imjustme
Not sure what the issue would be. If you can provide a debug_log (wiki) with the proxy enabled and showing an attempt to play something from my subscriptions as well as from popular right now, I will take a look.

Post #110-111 covers the settings.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - imjustme - 2018-02-07

i can't see to figure out the logs.. maybe when kids come over they can do that...
i did change the the mpeg-dash settings to match those images and ur post - and when i enable the proxy - when i click on a video, it just shows the 0dash above the 720- and if i click it, it just goes back and does nothing ... on both subscriptions and popuar right now. 
i did update kodi from 17.3 to 17.6 today maybe something broke there as i didn't uninstall , just upgraded

i did try live feed too - gave me the 1080 option but only plays for 5 seconds and shuts off

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-02-09

Update to alpha4 as ever Smile

I have a possibly suggestion for my previous question about reset timing of resuming player. Currently we know the duration of a specific video before to start the reproduction.... right ? If the resuming timing it's, for example, 10 minutes we need to step forward to 11 minutes for overwrite this value and stop the reproduction. If we could start a reproduction directly from the last seconds........ example if a video it's 10:00 minutes we can start the reproduction start at 9:59seconds. If we can "simulate" this "fake" reproduction after the last seconds it's reach the timing of resuming it's be delete and this option disappears from context menu.

Currently it's no possibly to remove this....... for reset this it's need to step forward near the last seconds and after this it's flag as "already watched" and the resuming time option it's be deleted/reset from context menu......

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - drrak - 2018-02-11

Google translator:
Some streams do not work. They turn off after a few seconds. How to fix it?

Thank you for your help.

RPi3, Kodi 17.6, LibreELEC 8.2.3, YouTube 5.5.0, InputStream Adaptive 2.0.19.0

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-02-12

(2018-02-11, 14:37)drrak Wrote: Google translator:
Some streams do not work. They turn off after a few seconds. How to fix it?

Thank you for your help.

RPi3, Kodi 17.6, LibreELEC 8.2.3, YouTube 5.5.0, InputStream Adaptive 2.0.19.0
 Live stream it's not work..... simply read some old reply.

I have a possibly another litthe trouble..... i try to explain:
All it's append whis the latest alpha5...........
On my OSMC setup about 5 minutes ago i was to stay some video from the "Popular Right Now" list. Apparently all works as ever but suddently whitout any apparently motive it's appears a message on my TV say somethigs about a api json files....... it's ask to me to select "NO" for overwrite or "YES". I have choose YES for not lost my currently setting (i have already set my personal api...i ever use it whitout any problems) but apparently i have lost some settings on preferences of addons. I have need to reconfigure some value... like value of chache and i have need to re-activate the force views and reset both value to 55... it's like some value as been reset to default and i don't know because there's append.

Otherwise now on preferences i need to reset the "Language" and the "Zone".... i see all it's setted to US and i can't change manually because all value it's grey out. I know there's need to activate the "setup wizard"....... i tryed it to activate but when i re-launch the addons i obtain the error message say to me somethigs as report to log......

Problably when the setup-wizard it's activate this it's be reported on log:
Code:
00:13:42.258 T:1925736960   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
00:13:42.260 T:1925736960   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
00:14:24.472 T:1925736960   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
00:14:27.729 T:1259352832  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha5) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
00:14:28.378 T:1259352832 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(48, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): the python script "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE
00:14:34.218 T:1259352832  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha5) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
00:14:42.741 T:1259352832 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(49, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): the python script "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE
00:14:55.326 T:1259352832  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha5) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
00:15:05.701 T:1259352832 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(50, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): the python script "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE
00:15:35.907 T:1259352832  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha5) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
00:15:35.935 T:1259352832   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'utils' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 41, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 24, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 97, in navigate
                                                self._process_wizard(context)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 71, in _process_wizard
                                                if utils.ViewManager(context).has_supported_views():
                                            NameError: global name 'utils' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
00:15:36.214 T:1925736960   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/
00:15:36.216 T:1925736960   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/) failed
00:16:17.014 T:1259352832  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~alpha5) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
00:16:19.263 T:1259352832 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(52, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): the python script "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE

Probably i can change the zone and language manually from settings.xml... in this parts:
Code:
    <setting id="youtube.language" value="en-US" />
    <setting id="youtube.region" value="US" />

But i need to know the correct string...... if i remember it's it-IT and IT.......

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-02-13

Sorry for double post........ i have tryed to modify my previous reply but i don't know because i can't.

I'm again here only to report........ on 6.0.0 alpha5 about 4 minutes ago it's append again. I'm exactly last night stay to watch some video from some my feeds and at end of one of this again whitout any logical explanation i re-obtain the request to RESTORE some about api_keys.json. This time i choose "NO" and nothigs change........... i re-lost the same exact preferences and i re-need to re-configure some value and i re-need to rechange manually the language and the zone in settings.xml

I don't have idea because this request it's check out............ apparently no other member report nothigs to strage ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Calitar - 2018-02-14

I'm suddenly unable to play some videos (It seems random which ones but it seems most common with music videos). Attempting to play them gets me a message to check the log. I'm running Krypton with 5.5.0 of the add-on and I'm using personal API keys. I've tested with some videos that I've watched before with the add-on (it has also happened with videos I have not watched before). The log at the time of the error reads:
Code:
18:07:02.209 T:3140  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:07:02.209 T:3140   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.Exception'>
                                            Error Contents: Signature function not found
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\runner.py", line 40, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 24, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 87, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 11, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\provider.py", line 475, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\yt_play.py", line 19, in play_video
                                                video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\client\youtube.py", line 79, in get_video_streams
                                                video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 403, in load_stream_infos
                                                return self._method_get_video_info(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 738, in _method_get_video_info
                                                parse_to_stream_list(url_encoded_fmt_stream_map)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 700, in parse_to_stream_list
                                                url += '&signature=%s' % cipher.get_signature(stream_map['s'])
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\signature\cipher.py", line 24, in get_signature
                                                json_script = function_cache.get(FunctionCache.ONE_DAY, self._load_json_script, self._java_script_url)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\function_cache.py", line 101, in get
                                                cached_data = partial_func()
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\signature\cipher.py", line 57, in _load_json_script
                                                return self._load_java_script(java_script)
                                              File "C:\Users\Nicole\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\signature\cipher.py", line 62, in _load_java_script
                                                raise Exception('Signature function not found')
                                            Exception: Signature function not found
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
18:07:02.267 T:10760   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=ck9WjGXepxM]

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - gitman - 2018-02-14

i'm having problems with music videos suddenly...