Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - zoydberg - 2018-02-14

debug log, im also having issues with playing videos, it seems like videos i havent watched recently play, but others dont.

18:28:02.529 T:3564   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (kodion.subtitle.languages) was not found.
18:28:02.529 T:3564   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: failed to find definition for setting kodion.subtitle.languages. Creating a setting on-the-fly...
18:28:02.529 T:3564   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (kodion.video.support.mpd.builtin) was not found.
18:28:02.529 T:3564   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[plugin.video.youtube]: failed to find definition for setting kodion.video.support.mpd.builtin. Creating a setting on-the-fly...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Stormykeith - 2018-02-14

Hi,

I'm using 5.4.5 with Personal API keys.  Everything working fine for months up until this morning.  I'm seeing all my personal content (Playlists, Subscriptions etc) so API key works (have also checked in Google console and this is confirmed).

However, when I play the vast majority of videos (eg in my Playlists) I get 'Invalid parameters' from the plugin.  I've tried deleting settings.xml and re-entering sign-in/API credentials but still the same.  I've got 4 separate installations and getting the same on all so something must have changed at Youtube end.

Anyone any ideas?

Regards
Keith

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2018-02-14

(2018-02-14, 13:09)Stormykeith Wrote: Hi,

I'm using 5.4.5 with Personal API keys.  Everything working fine for months up until this morning.  I'm seeing all my personal content (Playlists, Subscriptions etc) so API key works (have also checked in Google console and this is confirmed).

However, when I play the vast majority of videos (eg in my Playlists) I get 'Invalid parameters' from the plugin.  I've tried deleting settings.xml and re-entering sign-in/API credentials but still the same.  I've got 4 separate installations and getting the same on all so something must have changed at Youtube end.

Anyone any ideas?

Regards
Keith
 Upgrade to the latest version and that will fix it.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-02-14

@DjDiabolik Not sure what's causing your settings to reset, to fix the error with Setup Wizard.
Edit /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py and add this to the top of the file.
Code:
from . import utils
Will be fixed in next bump.

@drrak with out a debug_log (wiki) I'm not sure what you are experiencing.

@Calitar @gitman @zoydberg and others  It appears YouTube has changed something and we're failing to decipher the signature of videos that have signatures which require deciphering (VEVO, and some others). Will be looking into this further as time allows.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - novicior - 2018-02-14

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325740&pid=2703586#pid2703586
I have the same problem. The same error in KODI.log. Yesterday everything was OK and today is a problem.

(2018-02-14, 14:42)jdf76 Wrote:
(2018-02-14, 13:09)Stormykeith Wrote:
Code:
Hi,

Anyone any ideas?

Regards
Keith
 Upgrade to the latest version and that will fix it.

Jeff        
Hi Jeff

Sorry, I did a typo. I was already using the latest version 5.5 (not 5.4.5) so issue still outstanding. 

This is the error
Code:
16:12:34.336 T:15224   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.Exception'>
                                            Error Contents: Signature function not found
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\runner.py", line 40, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 24, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 87, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 11, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\provider.py", line 475, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\yt_play.py", line 19, in play_video
                                                video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\client\youtube.py", line 79, in get_video_streams
                                                video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 403, in load_stream_infos
                                                return self._method_get_video_info(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 738, in _method_get_video_info
                                                parse_to_stream_list(url_encoded_fmt_stream_map)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 700, in parse_to_stream_list
                                                url += '&signature=%s' % cipher.get_signature(stream_map['s'])
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\signature\cipher.py", line 24, in get_signature
                                                json_script = function_cache.get(FunctionCache.ONE_DAY, self._load_json_script, self._java_script_url)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\kodion\utils\function_cache.py", line 101, in get
                                                cached_data = partial_func()
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\signature\cipher.py", line 57, in _load_json_script
                                                return self._load_java_script(java_script)
                                              File "C:\Users\keith\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube_plugin\youtube\helper\signature\cipher.py", line 62, in _load_java_script
                                                raise Exception('Signature function not found')
                                            Exception: Signature function not found
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Full debug file is here 

Regards
Keith

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Doc_f11 - 2018-02-14

" Exception: Signature function not found" also on  Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS 
Code:
17:24:35.223 T:140287531411200   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.Exception'>
                                            Error Contents: Signature function not found
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 40, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 24, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 87, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 11, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 475, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_play.py", line 19, in play_video
                                                video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 79, in get_video_streams
                                                video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 403, in load_stream_infos
                                                return self._method_get_video_info(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 738, in _method_get_video_info
                                                parse_to_stream_list(url_encoded_fmt_stream_map)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 700, in parse_to_stream_list
                                                url += '&signature=%s' % cipher.get_signature(stream_map['s'])
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 24, in get_signature
                                                json_script = function_cache.get(FunctionCache.ONE_DAY, self._load_json_script, self._java_script_url)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/function_cache.py", line 101, in get
                                                cached_data = partial_func()
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 57, in _load_json_script
                                                return self._load_java_script(java_script)
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 62, in _load_java_script
                                                raise Exception('Signature function not found')
                                            Exception: Signature function not found
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Seems to only happen with music videos.

(2018-02-14, 18:35)Doc_f11 Wrote: Seems to only happen with music videos.
Yes. Mine are all videos.  However one track (out of 15) does actually play.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Daxter - 2018-02-14

Having the same issue,

I am using Yatse app on android mobile to cast youtube content to my Kodi,
It works great until this morning, I get a message "Youtube error....." in the upper side corner.
Tried to upgrade youtube to version 6.0.0 and still the same.
There are some videos that streaming well but most are not, especially playlists.

System info
Kodi ver 17.6
Platform LibreElec 8.2.3

From the Kodi.log:
Line 5124: 18:06:52.868 T:140038950066304   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=LsoLEjrDogU]

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - gitman - 2018-02-14

(2018-02-14, 15:07)anxdpanic Wrote: @Calitar @gitman @zoydberg and others  It appears YouTube has changed something and we're failing to decipher the signature of videos that have signatures which require deciphering (VEVO, and some others). Will be looking into this further as time allows. 
 That's what I suspected, thanks for confirming.

Everyone else, please see anxdpanic's note...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - registeringisnotfun - 2018-02-15

My Youtube livestreams no longer play properly..work for 2 seconds then freeze and buffer until I get frustrated and close it (which is not too long)

Tried Al Jazeera Arabic and Al Jazeera English live streams.  Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - gitman - 2018-02-15

(2018-02-15, 03:23)registeringisnotfun Wrote: My Youtube livestreams no longer play properly..work for 2 seconds then freeze and buffer until I get frustrated and close it (which is not too long)

Tried Al Jazeera Arabic and Al Jazeera English live streams.  Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

enable MPEG DASH in the settings

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - registeringisnotfun - 2018-02-15

(2018-02-15, 03:25)gitman Wrote:
(2018-02-15, 03:23)registeringisnotfun Wrote: My Youtube livestreams no longer play properly..work for 2 seconds then freeze and buffer until I get frustrated and close it (which is not too long)

Thanks

enable MPEG DASH in the settings 

thanks however didn't help unfortunately.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Karellen - 2018-02-15

@gitman

Please stop linking to sites that promote banned add-ons. Re-read the Forum rules (wiki) if unsure why.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Michkaa - 2018-02-15

(2018-02-14, 23:11)Daxter Wrote: Having the same issue,

I am using Yatse app on android mobile to cast youtube content to my Kodi,
It works great until this morning, I get a message "Youtube error....." in the upper side corner.
Tried to upgrade youtube to version 6.0.0 and still the same.
There are some videos that streaming well but most are not, especially playlists.

System info
Kodi ver 17.6
Platform LibreElec 8.2.3

From the Kodi.log:
Line 5124: 18:06:52.868 T:140038950066304   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=LsoLEjrDogU]
 Exactly the same here... some videos are playing other nope. Seems nothing to do with playlist.
When browse on youtube without being connected on my acount, it's seems youtube blocks some videos but other are playing with no problems ..
I try to understand what kind of difference between these 2 types but nothing to declare, sorry...
It seems that's only occured with video containning music.