Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - lkemot - 2018-02-22

When i search any files and click to run i have an error:

NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.5.0) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
15:28:51.355 T:3644900192  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
15:28:51.355 T:3644900192   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.Exception'>
                                            Error Contents: Signature function not found
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 40, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 24, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:28:51.547 T:4100800832   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=QqbsWgQVSko]

Where is the problem and what can i do

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-02-22

(2018-02-22, 01:03)lkemot Wrote: When i search any files and click to run i have an error:

NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.5.0) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
15:28:51.355 T:3644900192  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 3 times.
15:28:51.355 T:3644900192   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.Exception'>
                                            Error Contents: Signature function not found
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 40, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 24, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:28:51.547 T:4100800832   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=QqbsWgQVSko]

Where is the problem and what can i do
 Read some previous reply and try to use the last recent version or the last alpha...........

Meantime at today it's every day most difficult to me to use this addons.... about my trouble whit API_JSON restore request right now when i choose yes my API keys it's not overwrite and i obtain the setup wizard immediatelly after and after this i LOST every time my login and i need to re-authorize the addons login using my android telephone.
I don't have absolutely idea what's i need to do to fix or resolve this issue...... apparently the addons it's works for about 8 or 9 hours but suddently whitout any sense it's appears ever this request to restore the api from this api_json files and whatever it's my answers it's a total disaster.

Apparently it's the only user report this........... i don't have idea if it's a OSMC issue or it's a kodi issue or what's about to understand what's the real problems...........

*EDIT*

OMG... My KODI OSMC setup it's not officially possessed. I have choose to make a full reinstallation of youtube addons.... I first uninstall by kodi and after from FTP i remove the both residual folder from userdata and from addons folder.
I restart my Pi2 and i re-install the 6.0.0beta1 picked from github and............................. I obtain the request to do the setup wizard infinite time! I complete one time and i reobtain the request again and again and again and i don't know how i can stop this. I have tryed to answer NO at the request of setup wizard but all it's useless..... the request it's reappeara and reappears whitout any sense.

OMG..... it's the end ?

*EDIT 2*
Ok Ok i need to dismiss this. The HTTP server for api. I have configure and i have tryed to change the ports and now every value i put i obtain error 93 address it's already in use.... already in use..... impossible to set everythings.
It's very absurd can this youtube addons can create all this trouble......... and it's ever works before two last weeks.

*EDIT 3*
But with that effort i need to put ?? OMG... i have re-configure again after another full reinstall of addons. I have restart my pi2 and at restart i have execute the wizard and set italian and it for zone. After that i have enabled the http for api and i have put my keys and saved it from this pc. After that i have re-configure again all my preferences and retwice do access by my android device.
I'm so sure.... the api_json restore request it's not disappers. i thinks it's ready to spoon again tomorrow or next days whitout any advice also ever do Sad

Anyway this another strange issue...... i have both time reinstalled this -> plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.0.0.beta1.zip
And from preferences there's no option for force the viewID........... very strange issue.
This time it's really time to go to sleep... tomorrow it's another days another strange issue......

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2018-02-22

Just an FYI, Kodi updated the official repository to 5.5.1 and 5.4.8. I updated post 1 to show this.

Also I'm no longer doing a different repository since the kodi official repo would be a better way to get the versions spread out. I may however do a beta repo but not sure yet. 

GitHub will always have the latest data. so keep an eye on that.

Jeff

It's again me Sad

Yeah... sorry but i need to explain somethigs about my situation:
In the last one or two weeks you have read some my reply about the api_keys.json restore request it's poped out on my Pi2 (Osmc) setup. In some post you can found somethigs like "polemical tones" or very large usage of "!" or similar.
It's not my desire to hire someone here...... i'm still again at today to try to understand what's happens to this youtube addons and what's appens on my Pi2 setup and because i ever obtain this request.

I ever use this addons... i use this for approximately two years and removed some little trouble this time it's the very TROUBLE make my experience a very hell.

About my last night....... about 40 minutes ago another disaster:
Last night, as you can see above, i have do a full reinstallation of this addons. About 20 minutes ago i awake and i turn on my Pi2 and my TV for see some youtube feeds. I open youtube addons and apparently all it's works as longs i have tryed to launch a video. During the normal reproduction no problems........... at end of this when kodi normally back to video list BOOM........ again the REQUEST about api_keys.json file restore. I answered YES...... this time no wizard request. I have tryed to launch another video and no works................. omg it'a append again, i lost again my login account all my preferences and all other things i already exposed on some my old reply here.

At this time i don't have really idea...... i'm so lot confuse and it's my idea to not use anymore this addons on my osmc if i ever obtain this frustation experience.

I need to know if so other people using the last OSMC on a Pi2 have somethigs trouble........... it's the only ways to try to found what's my problems.

Right now i have an idea on my head (but apart of me say to dismiss all)......... pick another new SD and try to setup a totally brandnew installation of osmc and on this only install this youtube addons and see what's append. The devil part inside me not suggest this........ but if i try and i obtain this request about restore this file also here i probably destroy somethigs around me Smile

For the moment......... it's the end ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-02-22

@DjDiabolik Sorry it's a busy week for me. I use a pi2 with osmc and have not seen the issue, same as on my windows installation. 5.5.1 doesn't have the restore json stuff, if that helps for now.

(2018-02-22, 15:59)anxdpanic Wrote: @DjDiabolik Sorry it's a busy week for me. I use a pi2 with osmc and have not seen the issue, same as on my windows installation. 5.5.1 doesn't have the restore json stuff, if that helps for now.
 Ok..... i try to overwrite my current 6.0.0 beta 1 whit 5.5.1 unofficial.

You can explain because i don't see the option to select the visual ID ?

*EDIT*
In about next 2 or 3 hours......... i make this test.
I have download right now the 5.5.1 unofficial............ if i remove this folder "/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/" this is be re-created if i launch the addons one time ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - arsMOBILIS - 2018-02-22

Having trouble lately with the 5.x and 6.x versions. A couple of weeks ago when 5.4.5 DASH broke I switched to 5.5.x, first the betas and then official 5.5.0 and now 5.5.1. All was good for a while, but starting about a week ago no vids would play when DASH was enabled. The Kodi "busy" indicator would run for a bit, then go away, with no error message but nothing would play. With DASH turned off the vids all played fine.

At this point I updated the addon to 6.x alpha1 and DASH was working fine again. Suddenly yesterday afternoon any attempt to use YouTube addon for "My Subscriptions" results in "quota exceeded" message. I logged out and back in, but still get quota errors for "My Subscriptions". I noticed that 6.x beta1 was available so I updated to that but it is the same. Right now the only way I can view "My Subscriptions" is with 5.x and DASH turned off.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I'm running Kodi 17.6 on a Sunvell T95K-Pro with 16GB/2GB on Android 6.0.1.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Sky_Line - 2018-02-22

Hello!

I have not updated Kodi for a long time, but after updating, 5.5.1 some YouTube channels from favorites (favorites.xml) were lost.
And not everything, in a row, like someone deleted them.
How, is this possible? I did not find anything in the log.

Kernel: Linux 4.9.29 #1 Thu May 25 02:51:38 BST 2017
Release: LibreELEC 8.0.2
Kodi (17.3 Git:147cec4). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit Raspberry Pi B

(2018-02-22, 20:06)arsMOBILIS Wrote: Having trouble lately with the 5.x and 6.x versions. A couple of weeks ago when 5.4.5 DASH broke I switched to 5.5.x, first the betas and then official 5.5.0 and now 5.5.1. All was good for a while, but starting about a week ago no vids would play when DASH was enabled. The Kodi "busy" indicator would run for a bit, then go away, with no error message but nothing would play. With DASH turned off the vids all played fine.

At this point I updated the addon to 6.x alpha1 and DASH was working fine again. Suddenly yesterday afternoon any attempt to use YouTube addon for "My Subscriptions" results in "quota exceeded" message. I logged out and back in, but still get quota errors for "My Subscriptions". I noticed that 6.x beta1 was available so I updated to that but it is the same. Right now the only way I can view "My Subscriptions" is with 5.x and DASH turned off.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I'm running Kodi 17.6 on a Sunvell T95K-Pro with 16GB/2GB on Android 6.0.1.
 You say, are you logged out and log in..... i suppose you have use your personal api keys right ?
If yes it's strange... it's very difficult to reach the daily quota.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Fludizz - 2018-02-22

@anxdpanic Is there a known bug with 6.0.0~beta1 and settings.xml? For some reason it kept on resetting that file for me every couple of video's. This was visible because it prompts for importing the api keys from api_keys.json and then prompts to run the setup wizard.

I have just downgraded to 5.5.1 because it was getting very annoying because it disabled DASH each time this happens (ie: No live streams and resolution maxes at 720p).

[EDIT] nevermind - I should've refreshed the page, had missed that @DjDiabolik already reported similar behaviour.
If you cannot reproduce, let me know and I'll upgrade it to the beta again to test for you.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-02-22

@Fludizz I'm not able to reproduce any artifacts in that video at that resolution. And so far I have not been able reproduce the resetting issue but I think you're the 3rd report of it so far, a debug log would be great and appreciated. The rest of v6 will be focused on resolving that issue.

@Sky_Line I have no explanation for that, it's not a file we touch at all. If you can catch it in a debug_log (wiki), some one may be able to help more.

@DjDiabolik I'll double check on unofficial next chance I get, but option to select should be there.

@Fludizz you also obtain the request about restoring api_keys.json ?

Meantime i have right now make another clean install whit latest 5.5.1...... @anxdpanic has say to me this not have the api storing feature and i see if whit version i can re-obtain a good usage experience Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Fludizz - 2018-02-22

@anxdpanic OK - I will upgrade and try to reproduce with debug logging. Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday.
@DjDiabolik Yes, exactly.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-02-23

(2018-02-22, 22:31)Fludizz Wrote: @anxdpanic OK - I will upgrade and try to reproduce with debug logging. Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday.
@DjDiabolik Yes, exactly.
Ok.. for the moment i have reinstalled the 5.5.1...... apparently whit this no issue.
I have provided a debug log but it's not a complete debug (from the boot of my Pi2) but i'm activate the debug some instant before to obtain the request.

I don't know if can extract some info whit this portion.........

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Sky_Line - 2018-02-23

(2018-02-22, 21:45)anxdpanic Wrote: @Sky_Line I have no explanation for that, it's not a file we touch at all. If you can catch it in a debug_log (wiki), some one may be able to help more.
I had 629 lines in Favourites.
After the removal of the YouTube v.5.5.1, in the Favourites - 418 lines.
Perhaps in this, the problem?
Full log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/X782Pk9qJ5/

16:18:37.386 T:1874850720   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in plugin.video.youtube has been uninstalled.'
16:18:37.398 T:1706029984    INFO: Python script interrupted by user
16:18:37.399 T:1706029984   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 1706029984 terminating
16:18:37.643 T:1961901904   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogAddonInfo.xml) ------
16:18:37.859 T:1874850720   DEBUG: CFavourites::Load - no system favourites found, skipping
16:18:38.011 T:1739584416   DEBUG: ContextMenuManager: addon menus reloaded.
16:18:38.251 T:1961901904   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://user/xbmc.addon.video)
16:18:38.252 T:1961901904   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://user/xbmc.addon.video]
16:18:38.773 T:1961901904   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
16:18:39.728 T:1961886624   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnFavouritesUpdated from xbmc
16:18:39.729 T:1961886624   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 4, from xbmc, message OnFavouritesUpdated
16:18:39.807 T:1774187424   DEBUG: Skin Helper Service --> Kodi_Monitor: sender xbmc - method: GUI.OnFavouritesUpdated  - data: null

I'm trying to find the cause of what is happening.
How can I get more information in the debugging log?
Can include the logging of some special component?