Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-03-10

It was noted on one of the betas that a one time re-login would be required. This area of the add-on has undergone significant changes, nothing else should be lost during the update.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - meNick - 2018-03-11

@ anxdpanic Thanks for your response. Yes, signing in again after doing Beta4 update did the trick. I have tested and can confirm that my posts of #418 and #435 have been addressed and working well.

However, please consider that having to sign in again after updating to the new Official Youtube app release (through Kodi) may prompt many (if not hundreds) of support questions (as I did). The reason I say this is that having to sign in again is just not something that will be expected.

Just trying to give you helpful feedback here. I could be wrong Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - meNick - 2018-03-11

@ anxdpanic Maybe I'm becoming a pest. I hope not. Am experiencing a new problem using Beta4 and Windows 7:
I used YouTube app like this:
Went to Search, then entered "Fox News Live", then clicked on a Live option, then selected 2 items and added each to the favorites.
Tested each of the 2 favorites and each worked as expected.

Went back and ran Kodi again about an hour later and both favorites had changed to show something other than the original/ Both were still showing Fox News but showing not was actually on (which they did originally) -- plus each of the 2 showed different stuff than each other.

Sorry but I think Beta4 might need additional work on Live content.

Much thanks (again) for being available.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - drrak - 2018-03-11

(2018-03-10, 15:52)anxdpanic Wrote: I've updated post #2 with ~beta4
  •     [fix] settings being reset, introduced in v6.0.0 alphas, use onNotification instead of onSettingsChanged
  •     [upd] improve login logging

@markius It was what I needed but the log didn't contain enough information to pin down the issue, can you try to reproduce the issue and debug_log (wiki) with ~beta4. I've added additional logging of the responses in that area that will hopefully shed some light on what is happening.

@meNick, @liebezeit, @darebee, @drrak That issue is hopefully resolved in ~beta4

@rivera see Issue #128 
Google translator:
Kodi and YT work 2 days without problemsThanks for repair.

Streams do not always work.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Fludizz - 2018-03-11

Thanks @anxdpanic , I have installed Beta4 now Smile
Upgrade from beta3 to beta4 indeed worked better - no need to sign in again after updating.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - drrak - 2018-03-11

Google translator:
It's still crash Kodi Sad

https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/305

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - meNick - 2018-03-12

@ anxdpanic please refer to my post #438 which describes live shortcuts (favorites) changing after about an hour or so using Beta4.
As a test I reinstalled version 5.5.1 and created a few favorites from "Fox News Live". Checked them. Then waited. after 4 hours they still are working properly.

Something undesirable has changed between 5.5.1 and Beta4 affecting live shortcuts.

You should be able to confirm this by simply creating a "Fox News Live" shortcut yourself with Beta4. I can do this repeatedly on two different machines: Windows 7 and Android 6.1.

Hope the feedback helps. And, as always, thanks for your work and support.l Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - sergey_s - 2018-03-13

Since 5.5.1 update kodi cant play yt videos sometimes..
It randomly freezes my rpi box when i try to play video by link (from youtube app on android device, share with.. and "play on Kodi"), i event cant log in via ssh. Only turning off PSU helps here.
After power on i'm able to watch 1-3 videos before it hangs again.

Same issue with latest 6.x beta
Before 5.5.1 (Signature deciphering fix) everything worked well without any issue.

I have rpi 1 model b, kodi 17.6, libreelec distro.
Tryed to enable debug log, but not found anything usefull there.. log stops when device hangs =\
I know, rpi 1 is slow device, but is there any chance to get it working again?)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-03-13

(2018-03-13, 11:29)sergey_s Wrote: Since 5.5.1 update kodi cant play yt videos sometimes..
It randomly freezes my rpi box when i try to play video by link (from youtube app on android device, share with.. and "play on Kodi"), i event cant log in via ssh. Only turning off PSU helps here.
After power on i'm able to watch 1-3 videos before it hangs again.

Same issue with latest 6.x beta
Before 5.5.1 (Signature deciphering fix) everything worked well without any issue.

I have rpi 1 model b, kodi 17.6, libreelec distro.
Tryed to enable debug log, but not found anything usefull there.. log stops when device hangs =\
I know, rpi 1 is slow device, but is there any chance to get it working again?)
Whit the debug log activate try to use the addons......... watch the cpu load % or similar value... for example the memory usage or similar. If you obtain high value it's problably the cause....... the addons it's to heavy for your setup.

Are you tryed to change the PSU ? You obtain this only whit youtube addons or it's happen also whit other ?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - sergey_s - 2018-03-13

(2018-03-13, 20:42)DjDiabolik Wrote: Whit the debug log activate try to use the addons......... watch the cpu load % or similar value... for example the memory usage or similar. If you obtain high value it's problably the cause....... the addons it's to heavy for your setup.

Are you tryed to change the PSU ? You obtain this only whit youtube addons or it's happen also whit other ? 
only with youtube addon, and only after 5.5.1 update
previous version before "Signature deciphering fix" worked without any problems.. 
other video addons (eg twitch, iptv simple client) work fine, same as before

RE: YouTube Plug-in crashes upon opening - KKjustFlossin - 2018-03-14

Hi, just recently the YouTube addon started crashing with an error when I open it. I tried uninstalling/re-installing both the addon and Kodi itself but it still crashes. I don't know if it's pertinent, but I'm using it on a 32-but iPad.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-03-14

(2018-03-13, 21:23)sergey_s Wrote:
(2018-03-13, 20:42)DjDiabolik Wrote: Whit the debug log activate try to use the addons......... watch the cpu load % or similar value... for example the memory usage or similar. If you obtain high value it's problably the cause....... the addons it's to heavy for your setup.

only with youtube addon, and only after 5.5.1 update
previous version before "Signature deciphering fix" worked without any problems.. 
other video addons (eg twitch, iptv simple client) work fine, same as before 
 Try to post the debug........ but i don't thinks it's usefull.

Meantime on my Pi2 i can't reproduce this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd3Im1t8CYQ

Simply it's not start........ it's a this afternoon live. It's a complete live but i don't have idea because it's unplayable.

On log it's appears this:
Code:
01:58:51.648 T:1925761536   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=Cd3Im1t8CYQ]
01:59:00.253 T:1388311296  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.0.0~beta4) on Krypton (Kodi-17.6) with Python 2.7.13
01:59:02.758 T:1925761536   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=Cd3Im1t8CYQ]
No more info....

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - markius - 2018-03-14

(2018-03-10, 15:52)anxdpanic Wrote: @markius It was what I needed but the log didn't contain enough information to pin down the issue, can you try to reproduce the issue and debug_log (wiki) with ~beta4. I've added additional logging of the responses in that area that will hopefully shed some light on what is happening.
Thanks for taking a look.  I've uploaded a new log file taken with ~beta4: http://ix.io/WVt

Essentially the log file now shows this:
Code:
09:08:00.324 T:1579131776   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Requesting access token: Config: |YouTube-TV| Client id [:5]: |86155| Client secret [:5]: |SboVh|
09:08:00.650 T:1579131776   DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Requesting access token: |{"error_description": "Bad Request", "error": "authorization_pending"}|

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - liebezeit - 2018-03-14

(2018-03-10, 15:52)anxdpanic Wrote: @meNick, @liebezeit, @darebee, @drrak That issue is hopefully resolved in ~beta4

Trying 6.0.0~beta4 now, hoping for the best! Thanks for your continued development!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-03-14

@markius The log looks like all is normal on add-on side so I'm at a loss to explain it. Would suspect like you did that it may be something between you and YouTube.

@meNick afaik this isn't a new issue, the video id changes for live streams and isn't dependable for favorites or strm files and once a favorite is made we can't make changes to it.
also see: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325740&pid=2705175#pid2705175 - this a manual process and would required editing favorites or creating a strm file, it's not viable to use those paths from within the add-on.

@sergey_s Would need a debug_log (wiki)

@KKjustFlossin Would need a debug_log (wiki) But if it's the same as the last iOS user, installing https://github.com/anxdpanic/script.module.requests/releases/download/v2.18.4-iOS/script.module.requests-2.18.4.zip from zip may help. HOW-TO:Install_add-ons_from_zip_files (wiki)

@DjDiabolik That video is working fine here.

Updated post #2 with ~beta5
  • [fix] settings being reset, introduced in v6.0.0 alphas, get settings at runtime and send with notification
  • [fix] don't cause relog on update
  • [fix] new search item sub menus
  • [upd] expire live stream thumbnails