Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - meNick - 2018-03-15

(2018-03-14, 18:56)anxdpanic Wrote: @meNick afaik this isn't a new issue, the video id changes for live streams and isn't dependable for favorites or strm files and once a favorite is made we can't make changes to it.
also see: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325740&pid=2705175#pid2705175 - this a manual process and would required editing favorites or creating a strm file, it's not viable to use those paths from within the add-on.
@ anxdpanic : thanks for the reply. Not to dwell on this topic but I may not have made my feedback very clear (my apologies if so). Let me try it like this: The following is a favorite that I created as a result of the Search function in the Youtube app for "Fox News Live":

<favourite name="Fox News Channel" thumb="https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-7CAOBifCt4/hqdefault_live.jpg">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=-7CAOBifCt4&quot;)</favourite>

If this was created using 5.5.1 then it will play properly for some amount of time until at some point I get an error message if selected that basically says the video is no longer available.

If this was created using Beta4 then it will play properly for some amount of time until at some point instead of getting an error message if the video is no longer available it will play some video from the past - each and every time it is selected, instead of the live feed and/or instead of an "no longer available" message.

So, in use I could be watching for a while thinking I am watching a live feed when I'm just really watching something which is from the past. Very annoying. Sad

I have reverted back to 5.5.1 so I will not dwell on this (I don't want to be a pest). Maybe this feedback helps you or someone. Thanks again for all your fine work Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-03-15

I must have misunderstood because that definitely sounds like something different. Will see if I can reproduce next chance I get.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-03-15

@anxdpanic  about that video...... i have also tryed some minutes ago for test.

I don't have already updated to beta5 but tomorrow i try whit this newest beta.

It's problably somethigs on my preferences at this point:
How you have setted the age filter ? And the Moderate filter ?
It's the dash ? I need to activate DASH also for a concluded live stream ? You know i preferred to not use dash Smile

mmmmmmmm... tomorrow i also try to enable debug log and test to reproduce this video. Problably on debug log i can found, and if possible to much info to understand because i can't reproduce this video.

Meantime i have already watched it directly from the app on my smart tv...... at this point it's only a fun test Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - C.O.D. - 2018-03-15

@anxdpanic
Hi, different question from my side:
Would it be possible to reverse the order in the history so that the last page and the last video comes first? It's very cumbersome stepping through several pages for watching the latest video again and it doesn't help doing it via the skin settings...

Best regards

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2018-03-15

If you are using a Custom History Playlist then you can set the sort order via the the Settings for that Playlist on YouTube.com

My Custom History Playlist is set to sort by "Date Added (newest)" and the most recent video that I watched shows first at the top of the list when I open the History in Kodi.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - markius - 2018-03-15

(2018-03-14, 18:56)anxdpanic Wrote: @markius The log looks like all is normal on add-on side so I'm at a loss to explain it. Would suspect like you did that it may be something between you and YouTube.
Plot twist... I have another RPi running Libreelec that doesn't have any problems.  Same LAN, same config (barring IP addresses and hostname etc).
Can I modify a .PY somewhere to try and dig a little deeper?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - C.O.D. - 2018-03-15

(2018-03-15, 10:41)jmh2002 Wrote: If you are using a Custom History Playlist then you can set the sort order via the the Settings for that Playlist on YouTube.com

My Custom History Playlist is set to sort by "Date Added (newest)" and the most recent video that I watched shows first atbthe top of the list when I open the History in Kodi.
Million thanks man - you made my day! 🤗

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-03-15

@meNick I set 4 fox news live stream favorites last night, including the one you provided. 3 of them became unavailable, the one you provided did not. If you check now on the web, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7CAOBifCt4 is now a vod repeat of the last 3 hours. This is a change on their end and not related to add-on version.

@markius I really am at a loss here, you're getting the proper response while waiting but never getting the confirmation. The py files that would be relevant are yt_login.py and login_client.py  
Since you do have one device that is able to login, worst case you should be able to move(copy could lead to tokens becoming invalid) the contents of addon_data/plugin.video.youtube from the working device to the device that can't login, and then login again on the working device.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-03-16

@anxdpanic 

I cited you.....but if someone other can try to understand because i can't reproduce this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd3Im1t8CYQ

I have enabled the DEBUG LOG immediatelly before to try to reproduce it...you can found the paste here:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/NJFxhv23tZ/

I have no idea because i can't reproduce......... if someone can suggest some.......... thanks.

*EDIT*
I can add this info.......... usually i prefer to not use DASH. I have tryed to reproduce this same video whit:
DASH Enabled and the himself proxy activated.

Whit this both activated i can reproduce this video...........If i disable DASH this video it's unplayable. I don't have idea because this appends. It's a live stream.......yeah... but it's a passed and not more a live stream Smile It's a completed live stream....... very strange.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - meNick - 2018-03-16

(2018-03-15, 17:47)anxdpanic Wrote: @meNick I set 4 fox news live stream favorites last night, including the one you provided. 3 of them became unavailable, the one you provided did not. If you check now on the web, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7CAOBifCt4 is now a vod repeat of the last 3 hours. This is a change on their end and not related to add-on version.
@anxdpanic  Thank you, I agree that the change is on their end and not related to the add-on version. However, before all these changes which needed to be made to support live streams again, live streams would become unavailable after a period of time -- that was an indication to get another one. Isn't their a way to flag the stream as not being a live stream and therefor force it to be unavailable? Maybe an option that can be set? How can you trust that what your watching is, in fact, live?

If I am expecting too much I'm sorry. I am very thankful what you've done and I will simply shut up Smile

UPDATE: Rather than fighting this issue I've thought of another way to accomplish the same goal (watch Fox News live stream). This is my new way:
1) Run Youtube addon (Beta5) then select Search and enter "Fox News Live"
2) Create a Favorite from the returned "Live" option
3) Rename the new "Live" favorite to "Fox News Live"
 Now any time I click on this favorite I get a fresh list of all available Fox News live streams. Then pick any one from the list.

Why I didn't think of this SIMPLE solution... Anyway, this works every time so I'm happy. Maybe good for someone else, cheers. Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - sergey_s - 2018-03-16

@anxdpanic 
as for my prolem with rpi1 freeze

the problem is in jsinterp, for sure.. i think it not optimized.. but i don't have enough time now to review and optimize it
i found a quick workaround by replacing get_signature logic with code from pytube project.. and it works

played about 10 videos for now without any freeze.. will be test it for a while

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - pums974 - 2018-03-17

Hi,

First, nice work on this addon, it works generally very well. Thank You

You recently add the possibility to filter subscribed channels,
but I cannot make it works for at least one of my channel : "Le Média"

I suspect this is due to the presence of the space character, or the accentuated é.

I apologize if this question has already been answered somwhere but I haven't found it.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-03-17

@DjDiabolik Yesterday that video was only returning the dash url. Today it seems to be returning all streams.

@sergey_s Thanks for the heads up, I've reverted to and fixed our original cipher in ~beta6.

@pums974 Should be fixed in ~beta6

I've updated post #2 with ~beta6
  • [fix] My Subscriptions (Filtered) channel matching
  • [fix] fix and revert to old signature deciphering

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - pums974 - 2018-03-17

OK great, thank you !

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-03-18

(2018-03-17, 17:29)anxdpanic Wrote: @DjDiabolik Yesterday that video was only returning the dash url. Today it seems to be returning all streams.
CUT CUT 
 Lol... problably it's a youtube site issue Smile I have also tryed to watch other finished live and problably some time youtube fail this Smile

Meantime now i know... when in future i obtain similar problems i know it's dash a valid alternative Smile

Apparently i don't know because.. but whitout dash enabled the cache it's filled much betters and much faster on my osmc setup.....