Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - D-m-x - 2018-05-27

(2018-05-25, 02:41)anxdpanic Wrote: @LeoLevosky I would need a debug_log (wiki) with it happening. For a fresh start you can try Settings - Maintenance and delete everything. If you have your own api keys it should be alright to leave api_keys.json.

@wgstarks Thanks, if you can provide videos id and symptoms I can check those as well.

@D-m-x Add-on can do vods at max 720p on it's own, with inputstream.adaptive the current max is 1440p
If you change InputStream Adaptive Settings - Stream Selection to Manual, then during playback you can choose the quality of the mpeg-dash stream from the OSD Settings - Video Settings - Video stream to see the max available w/ bps. Then just adjust the bandwidth settings accordingly.
Thanks for the additional explanation, I did exactly that, but I'm not seeing any bps and the Max is 1920x1080, no matter what Video I try. Settings are all correct, so I assume it's something with Libreelec or the PI why 1440p isn't available.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - PaddyMaxson - 2018-05-28

(2018-05-26, 15:28)anxdpanic Wrote: @PaddyMaxson Never ran into that before, if you can provide a debug_log (wiki) I can take a look.

@anxdpanic

Please ignore me, it was a web browser issue on my phone, working as intended now.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - zorro2222 - 2018-05-28

No live stream on YouTube
Log
debug log
skrin

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ManiacKill - 2018-05-28

hello

is it normal that if two audio tracks are present the first does not reproduce sound?

The problem is only if I use 1080p with DASH. Without DASH is just an audio track on my PI3

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - CamVilleMedia18 - 2018-05-28

(2018-05-26, 19:15)CamVilleMedia18 Wrote: The problem with the activation on the Google website still exists, but as mentioned before it seems to be a YouTube server side issue. Hope they get it resolved soon.
Now I found a way to activate. The problem is that when the browser is already logged in to the Google account, the activation error message appears. If you logout before activation and log in during activation it works. Strange, but maybe this also helps others having the same issue. I tried Google Chrome on Android and Windows as well as Firefox and Microsoft Edge, all behave the same in this regard. Also for the second activation I had to logout before.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-05-29

@camos InputStream Adaptive(mpeg-dash) is only in 17+. If it's greyed out in 17.6 you may have to install inputstream.adaptive (depends on OS how that is done)

@D-m-x wnhvanMdx4s is an example video that has 1440p. bps is only shown in Kodi 18, thought it was in both.

@zorro2222 Live streams require InputStream Adaptive >= 2.0.12, which will require updating Kodi to 17.6.

@ManiacKill I've never experienced that, can you provide a video id/debug_log (wiki) so I can take a look?

@CamVilleMedia18 and @PaddyMaxson  Thank you for the follow up

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-05-29

@anxdpanic 
I have a question but i don't if it's a possibly skin request...... it's about the context menu.
Currently after a "Search" if you open the context menu for a video it's present somethigs like:
- Add to Watch Later
- Lol.. i don't remember exactly
- Go To "xxxx" - how "xxxx" it's the channel name

My question it's.... it's possible to change the order of this list ? For example i thinks the "Go To" feature it's be better at first position respect the "Watch Later"..........

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - zorro2222 - 2018-05-29

(2018-05-29, 17:12)anxdpanic Wrote: @zorro2222 Live streams require InputStream Adaptive >= 2.0.12, which will require updating Kodi to 17.6.

On raspberry pi3 does not work
debug_log

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-05-29

@DjDiabolik I will look, but I likely won't change that order without it being requested by more users. 

@zorro2222 It looks like your version of InputStream.Adaptive is 2.0.10, unless I'm mistaken I believe the latest Krypton version of InputStream.Adaptive hasn't been packaged for Raspbian yet. LibreELEC or OSMC are alternatives that run on the pi and have the updated version.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - zorro2222 - 2018-05-29

(2018-05-29, 19:41)anxdpanic Wrote: @DjDiabolik I will look, but I likely won't change that order without it being requested by more users. 

@zorro2222 It looks like your version of InputStream.Adaptive is 2.0.10, unless I'm mistaken I believe the latest Krypton version of InputStream.Adaptive hasn't been packaged for Raspbian yet. LibreELEC or OSMC are alternatives that run on the pi and have the updated version.
 And you do not know when there will be an update for Raspbian?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - D-m-x - 2018-05-29

@anxdpanic: Thanks for all the help. I tried a bit before I read your latest Post, and indeed I found Videos which will play >1080p. This is very weird, even ones labeled 4K etc. default to 1080p back 99% of the Time. With the exception of a few I found:
https://youtu.be/kMaxrryH0es
https://youtu.be/rcBnChxxUD0
https://youtu.be/_6QAjY_7AuM

Actually I looked at them, they are all mp4 so I'm not sure why some work and some dont. Nevertheless strangely I have that Problem also on my Tablet with Android and only those Videos show >1080p, so I assume YouTube changed something internally here.

But to be honest I'm also an Idiot, so fyi for anyone trying. the Pi (3) can't even decode the 1440p Stream so it's useless anyways.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - powermarcel10 - 2018-05-29

Hello, I always have tot login again after an update of the YouTube addon. Is this correct?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - oneohsix - 2018-05-30

Hi up untill recently i was using a version from around 2 years ago. back then i entered my personal api keys into the actual addon files, i believe it was config.py.. then i just rezipped the addon, i did this so i could then just load the altered version onto my family members boxes....  is there a way to do this with the new version?
I have looked around the files and cant find where the new api keys would go Sad if someone could please let me know, or do i have to enter the keys through the addon itself now?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-05-30

@anxdpanic  about the order or context menu... it's an idea. For example it's an idea make possible everyone can make an own order selectable from the preferences of the addons (for example a form like it's now for subtitle preferences)....

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-05-30

@zorro2222 Sorry, I don't

@powermarcel10 You shouldn't need to, but it does happen sometimes.

@oneohsix There are a couple ways:
@DjDiabolik Thanks for the clarification 

I've updated post #2 with ~alpha5

[upd] make users unique, assign users a hex uuid
[fix] My Channel videos (Error 403)
[fix] allow fallback to dash, when using Audio only
[lang] Spanish strings [roliverosc]