Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - camos - 2018-06-05

(2018-06-02, 23:53)camos Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 17:12)anxdpanic Wrote:  
So where might I find InputStream Adaptive? It's for Android 7.
I resolved the issue on Kodi 16.1 by downgrading YouTube 6.0.2 to the previous version.

I found how to enable inputstream.adaptive, haven't done it yet as the Kodi 17.6 box is not the one I usually watch YouTube on. That was the good news for today. The bad news is that YouTube 5.5.1 on the 16.1 box stopped working this afternoon. Won't load anything from YouTube.  Tried downgrading to a previous version and when that didn't work tried 6.0.2 again with no success. Don't know if it is a YouTube thing or a Kodi app thing.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Naugas - 2018-06-06

Have the plugin stopped working altogether...? API changes?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2018-06-06

working for me. debug log (wiki) would work wonders.

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blindhai - 2018-06-06

Anyone got an idea what i can do when inputstream.adaptive is greyed out and can not be activated? I mean, it isnt available in the repo anymore (so it seems) after i restored a backup (used the program "Backup" from the Kodi repo). There is just no menu where "videoplayer inputstream" is showing so i cant install/enable inputstream adaptive or rtmp input anymore. Is there a way to install this, when it is not in the repo anymore? I dont want to install the whole kodi installtion from scratch, when i dont need to. Smile

I know i can download it from github (inputstream.adaptive) but i cant install that one over Addons >> install from zip file. It doesnt work and i think it is not meant to be installed that way.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jdf76 - 2018-06-06

(2018-06-06, 14:47)blindhai Wrote: Anyone got an idea what i can do when inputstream.adaptive is greyed out and can not be activated? I mean, it isnt available in the repo anymore (so it seems) after i restored a backup (used the program "Backup" from the Kodi repo). There is just no menu where "videoplayer inputstream" is showing so i cant install/enable inputstream adaptive or rtmp input anymore. Is there a way to install this, when it is not in the repo anymore? I dont want to install the whole kodi installtion from scratch, when i dont need to. Smile

I know i can download it from github (inputstream.adaptive) but i cant install that one over Addons >> install from zip file. It doesnt work and i think it is not meant to be installed that way.
 It's in Add-Ons > My Addons > VideoPlayer Inputstream > InputStream Adaptive

Jeff

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - camos - 2018-06-06

(2018-06-05, 04:01)camos Wrote:
(2018-06-02, 23:53)camos Wrote:
(2018-05-29, 17:12)anxdpanic Wrote:  
So where might I find InputStream Adaptive? It's for Android 7.
I resolved the issue on Kodi 16.1 by downgrading YouTube 6.0.2 to the previous version. 
  I found how to enable inputstream.adaptive, haven't done it yet as the Kodi 17.6 box is not the one I usually watch YouTube on. That was the good news for today. The bad news is that YouTube 5.5.1 on the 16.1 box stopped working this afternoon. Won't load anything from YouTube.  Tried downgrading to a previous version and when that didn't work tried 6.0.2 again with no success. Don't know if it is a YouTube thing or a Kodi app thing. 
On further investigation it appears most if not all apps on my Kodi 16.1/Linux 32bit box have stopped working. Apparently the problem is not specific to the YouTube app. The apps will open but will not find any streams. I'm guessing my old stuff has been left in the dust of technological antiquity. As much as it hurts to junk a system that is working as well as it did when new a decade ago I've decided it's not worth the effort to try to resuscitate it and have ordered a second Android box from Amazon for the princely sum of CA$67.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - camos - 2018-06-06

(2018-06-06, 14:47)blindhai Wrote: Anyone got an idea what i can do when inputstream.adaptive is greyed out and can not be activated? I mean, it isnt available in the repo anymore (so it seems) after i restored a backup (used the program "Backup" from the Kodi repo). There is just no menu where "videoplayer inputstream" is showing so i cant install/enable inputstream adaptive or rtmp input anymore. Is there a way to install this, when it is not in the repo anymore? I dont want to install the whole kodi installtion from scratch, when i dont need to. Smile

For what it's worth:
I found the same thing you did on my Kodi 16.1 box. I'm no authority on any of this but it appears to me that you actually do need to update to Kodi 17.6 which is what supports inputstream.adaptive. Installing Kodi from scratch is not the least bit difficult even for us NooBs. The fly in the ointment is/was for me that my old hardware did not support Kodi 17.6.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - nick_l - 2018-06-07

A quick question:

I'm working my way through this thread (backwards, as it seems the more recent posts will be more likely to answer my question), but I though I'd just ask in the mean time. Does this addon support the live tv/dvr streams of Youtube TV?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - camos - 2018-06-07

(2018-06-07, 03:50)nick_l Wrote: A quick question:

Does this addon support the live tv/dvr streams of Youtube TV?

I will confirm 17.6 does support live broadcasts if inputstream.adaptive and DASH-MPEG and its helper is installed. DASH-MPEG does not work with Kodi 16 which appears to be the cause of the YouTube error "Proxy not running" when trying to run a live video. 

Don't know about any DVR streams though.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Glebbas - 2018-06-07

Another quick question.

Should "video sidebar->More...->Related videos" work properly at the moment? I'm running Kodi 18 latest alpha from 20180606. It still worked about a month ago, then it started to crash and with the latest 6.1.0-alpha6 installed together with latest build, it just does nothing. It starts to search and after few seconds it stops and nothing happens.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - JRLS - 2018-06-07

@jmh2002 

yes, i know Smile
i was just hoping someone made a port. 
An android app based on this code would be pretty neat Smile

And indeed i'm enjoying KODI a lot on my shield, with the youtube addon, it's excellent!!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - winux - 2018-06-08

do you guys also have no sound when using dash and proxy? video is fine but i don't get any sound out of the box.
there is always 2 unknown audio tracks and when you switch to the second one sound starts kicking in after 5 seconds.
i've made a keyboard shortcut to switch audiotracks, but it's really annoying to switch audio tracks for every video.

is there a cleaner solution to this?
thx for your help

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blueribb - 2018-06-09

I added a new YouTube channel recently and two of the videos crash the YouTube addon. It plays for a second or more and then pop, back to the "My Subscription" channel list. Here is my setup and debug logfile

Intel i5 NUC (3rd gen)
Libreelec 8.2.5
YouTube Addon version 6.02
Video that crashes the addon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjNjNbryQLg

Debug Logfile link: https://paste.kodi.tv/ubeteqexeg

Since I almost never shut down or restart Kodi (I use suspend), this time I did a restart before running debug logging to keep the log file as short as possible. I did not pay attention to the time stamps to see when the video crashed though. By the way, I have two almost identical Intel NUC's that crash with these videos.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-06-09

@blueribb  try latest alpha..... and try to enable or disable dash if you use. I don't know if help but it's some other alternative test you do Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blindhai - 2018-06-09

(2018-06-06, 17:24)jdf76 Wrote: It's in Add-Ons > My Addons > VideoPlayer Inputstream > InputStream Adaptive

Thank, but i know where it should be. It just seems that the backup is missing it, even though i restored it correctly. The whole folder "Videoplayer Inputstream" was missing along with "inputstream.adaptive" AND "rtmp-input".

(2018-06-06, 20:17)camos Wrote: I found the same thing you did on my Kodi 16.1 box. I'm no authority on any of this but it appears to me that you actually do need to update to Kodi 17.6 which is what supports inputstream.adaptive. Installing Kodi from scratch is not the least bit difficult even for us NooBs. The fly in the ointment is/was for me that my old hardware did not support Kodi 17.6.

Thank you too, my box has already 17.6 installed and the restore is also to a 17.6 version. I have tried a different backup which only has the basic stuff (Youtube/Twitch/MPEG-DASH) installed and this one worked. So i dont need to do the whole installation again (phew), which is not difficult but time consuming and annoying. Installing the apps is ok, but every api- and key-setting for Twitch, Youtube and some other apps are just annoying, because i couldnt manage to get direct access to the filesystem on the AndroidTV Box, so i couldnt just copy/paste the keys...i would have needed to put them in manually...one by one...

Only thing which annoys me now, that the new box cant handle some twitch streams with MPEG-DASH. 1080p is no problem, but when the streamer has a weird or too high quality setting then the 905W cant handle it, at least it seems like it. (Pls dont tell me that the 905W is shit, i know that it is no 905x or 912, but i thought that this would be enough for my requirements).