Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Tùng - 2018-11-14

Waiting anybody resolve that problem...

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2018-11-15

(2018-11-14, 16:20)Tùng Wrote: Waiting anybody resolve that problem...
debug log ? How it's ?
On 17.6 it's working whitout any problems also on my kodi setup.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - letac - 2018-11-16

I can't add video to playlist (More/Add to/Select Playlist) if target playlist is not on first page (list of all my playlists) - there is no "Next" option at the end.

Youtube addon is 6.2.2 - but I am not sure that problem is not introduced in some previous version.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blackbulldog - 2018-11-16

Running a pi 2 and osmc over wireless.

All working fine two weeks ago, never used it again until today and got problems:

Addon won't play any videos. I've tried playing individual ones and playlist but always get the same error.

Standard error dialog: Youtube error - check the log for details

Checking the log, here's what it say for every video I click on:

ERROR: Playlist player: skipping unplayable item 0, path [plugin://plugin.video,youtube/play/?videoid=e7rjz0rtu0y]
-> End of Pythn script error report<-
Exception: Signature not found raise Exception (Signature not found)

*Obviously the video Id is different but same message otherwise.

Tried to update the addon to 6.2? but always get 'failed to install dependency ... six'

Only started using the addon as an alternative to a home-rolled laptop version which I cast to a tv ... think the addon is a much better solution for me.

Anyone help?
Thanks

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-11-16

@drrak @letac

I've updated post #2 with 6.2.3~beta1 

[add] Next Page to 'More...' -> 'Add to...' context menu
[add] icon and description to playlists in 'More...' -> 'Add to...' context menu on Kodi 17+
[add] 'Play audio only' context menu item
[fix] generated dash with no supported video streams(audio only) being played when Audio only not enabled
[fix] potential RuntimeError when retrieving total time of playing content if player is stopped immediately
[lang] pl_pl strings |contrib: xulek|
[lang] sk_sk strings |contrib: jose1711|

@blackbulldog You can install the dependency manually https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/isengard/script.module.six/script.module.six-1.11.0.zip || HOW-TO:Install add-ons from zip files (wiki), then try updating the YouTube add-on again. Will need a complete debug log (wiki) if that doesn't resolve the issue.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - letac - 2018-11-16

(2018-11-16, 03:06)letac Wrote: I can't add video to playlist (More/Add to/Select Playlist) if target playlist is not on first page (list of all my playlists) - there is no "Next" option at the end.
 It's fixed in 6.2.3~beta1. Thank you, very much!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - drrak - 2018-11-17

(2018-11-16, 23:08)anxdpanic Wrote: @drrak @letac

[add] 'Play audio only' context menu item
 Thank you.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - godlev - 2018-11-17

anyone found solution to youtube hiresolution ?
i still cant play hiresolution videos in youtube - it always plays video and when i go to setting while playing - i see this info
Quote:Undetermined (h264, 640x480)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blackbulldog - 2018-11-18

@anxdpanic 
I did exactly as you suggested - installed the dependency manually and updated the addon ...

... works perfectly again now!

Thanks a lot for yout help

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - THRobinson - 2018-11-19

Just noticed my Max res is 720p... Was certain I had 1080p before. Reinstalled, set settings to default and clicked to ask which resolution to use, and when I click a video I know has 1080p, most it will show is 720p. I never signed on before, so tried signing on but made no difference. Searched Google but most I could find was about Android boxes. I have a PC running OpenElec, which works great but I know zilch about Linux/Unix. Had a 32gb SSD drive, OpenElec fit on it so that's what I'm using. Smile

This a recent thing? Bug? I see a few posts of what I think the same issue, ie. Post#1088... Though I have more than 480p.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blueribb - 2018-11-19

One of my subscribed videos (My Subscriptions and Subscriptions) failed to play this morning on both my Intel NUC running Libreelec and my Desktop Computer running Windows 10. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW-k1meWGR0

6.2.3 beta 1 failed to play the above video
6.2.2 plays the video

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2018-11-19

@blueribb 

I've updated post #2 with beta2
[fix] some dash videos not playing with beta1
[lang] nl_nl strings |contrib: Markman-B|
[lang] pl_pl strings |contrib: drrak|

@godlev @THRobinson It's likely Use MPEG-DASH is not enabled in the add-on settings or InputStream Adaptive settings. If you suspect it is not either of those things, provide a complete debug log (wiki).

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blueribb - 2018-11-19

@anxdpanic

Thanks ! That fixed my problem

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - xalaros10 - 2018-11-19

Thanks for continious support anxdpanic!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - xodi - 2018-11-23

I didn't use Youtube addon since Kodi start, but got several exceptions with this addon:

15:10:52.343 T:368290014736   ERROR: EXCEPTION: XBMC is not playing any media file
15:10:52.345 T:368290014736   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
                                            Error Contents: XBMC is not playing any media file
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/player.py", line 75, in onPlayBackStarted
                                                self.current_video_total_time = self.getTotalTime()
                                            RuntimeError: XBMC is not playing any media file
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--