Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - badsheep - 2019-01-10

Hello,

Well not yet, because that's what I'm about to do BUT I'd like to post something like :

"Hello, I think there is a bug in the Netflix add-on because the inputstream adaptive is working perfectly with the Youtube add-on, but doesn't work in the Netflix add-on"

But to write something like that, I must be sure that I'm REALLY reading streaming trough inputstream adaptive in the Youtube add-on...
... and that's what's not clear to me, because it's written "ff-h264 (SW)" when I'm reading a mpd source in Youtube.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-01-10

@badsheep 

On my windows install it shows 'ff-h264-d3d11va (HW)', the 'inputstream.adaptive.' prefix when using Netflix may be due to some Netflix specific requirements in InputStream Adaptive but I do not know for sure--I've never used the Netflix add-on--.

If you are seeing 1920x1080/1920x1088 on a YouTube video it is definitely using inputstream.adaptive. If you'd like extra confirmation you can change InputStream Adaptive Settings - General - Stream Selection to 'Manual', this will allow you to change video streams during playback--from OSD - Video settings--which in our case is only possible with mpeg-dash/inputstream.adaptive.

Thanks you're right, I test that !

You're absolutely right, when I enable "Manual" I can switch of resolution during a Youtube streaming... so it's definitely using inputstream adaptive.
Thanks for that good idea, I'm going to do a reclamation to the Netflix add-on Smile Smile

bye bye everybody !

@badsheep Good to hear you were able to confirm

@all Live streams are currently not working

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - JNRW - 2019-01-10

All of a sudden I am unable to play live YouTube streams. A live stream “runs” without actually loading for 5 seconds then stops. I can run the exact same live streams from within Internet Explorer on the same NUC box without problem. Further, non live YouTube streams run OK in Kodi (K 17.6).

I have made no changes to settings so am at a loss as to why this has happened. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

@JNRW YouTube has changed something, and live streams are not working. See the post before yours.

I only saw your post after sending mine!

Thanks for the reply. So a bit of patience required for now, then?

I am not sure, then, why I can play the same live streams satisfactorily in Internet Explorer.

It should be fixed today in the next alpha version

As I wish to continue learning about such things could you tell me what is going to be fixed and where would I look to check it out?

Thanks.

@JNRW This was the fix, https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/commit/bc5458031f754d474da2affc79ffb097889bfbc6

Post #2 is updated with alpha7

- fix live stream playback
- translations

Live streams should be working better than they were previously, time shifting now works with mpeg-dash live streams.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Bryan125 - 2019-01-11

Hello, I'm using the YouTube version 6.2.3 with MPEG Dash enabled and the latest version. The streams are reproduced with only audio for 3 seconds and then it dies.

I thought the issue was fixed :S

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - meNick - 2019-01-11

I downloaded plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.3.0.alpha7.zip
although live streams work with this updated... they are (all) terminating after about 10 seconds.

So, I think live streams is _NOT_ fixed in plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.3.0.alpha7.zip
But thanks so much for working on this -- I rely on live streams for HSN, HSN2 and QVC (keeps my wife off my back)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - samueljones - 2019-01-11

(2019-01-11, 08:55)meNick Wrote: I downloaded plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.3.0.alpha7.zip
although live streams work with this updated... they are (all) terminating after about 10 seconds.

So, I think live streams is _NOT_ fixed in plugin.video.youtube-unofficial-6.3.0.alpha7.zip
But thanks so much for working on this -- I rely on live streams for HSN, HSN2 and QVC (keeps my wife off my back)
 Same here aswell, am now using Alpha 7 but keeps cutting after 10 seconds