Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - jmh2002 - 2019-02-12

A HUGE THANKS again to @anxdpanic for your continued amazing support of this addon Smile

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - siliconhippy - 2019-02-12

(2019-02-12, 11:07)jmh2002 Wrote: A HUGE THANKS again to @anxdpanic for your continued amazing support of this addon Smile

+1.

Aside: Is input adaptive v2.3.14 a new one with YouTube plug-in v6.4.0?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - qwertyy - 2019-02-13

Really nice work from peak and yourself for enabling 4k finally and still improving the addon Smile

I have some suggestions to improve the usability. Is it possible to add a setting option "enable vp9 playback" like you had in previous version? At the moment vp9 is only available if you select video settings during playback. At first I didn't find the option. Therefore I think it would be better to enable this in the settings so that vp9 is selected automatically if you start the movie. That would also prevent a second frame rate switch a second after the playback started.

Besides I tried some HDR movies but they don't start playing if you select vp9 stream, respectively show dark picture if you switch Video during playback. Maybe there is some detail that might be need to be changed.

Greetz

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - icerno78 - 2019-02-13

I hope you can help me with my problem.
Im using himedia q5 as my mediaplayer
Installed is the latest available version from kodi and youtube via google playstore.
Inside Kodi itself the latest available youtube plugin via repository is installed.
For playing video files with kodi im using the external player from himedia to get hires-audio and correct frametimes.
After the automated update from 17.6 to 18 (i forget to disable the option :-( ) i wanted to watch a trailer from a movie
Menu -> Movies -> selected a movie from my list -> informaton -> trailer.

Instead of seeing and hearing the trailer i only got the message that the external player is used. That wa not the case in 17.6. And it doesnt shows anything.

If you need any further information pls tell me, and tell me where to find it. Im not an expert, just an user.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-02-13

@siliconhippy
InputStream Adaptive is completely separate from this add-on with a different maintainer (I assume you know this). The combination of InputStream Adaptive >= 2.3.14 and 6.4.0 of this add-on is required to use webm-vp9 (4k streams)

@qwertyy 
I'll investigate what I can do from the add-on to improve this.
Playback issues will need a debug log (wiki)

@icerno78
Would need to see a debug log (wiki) reproducing the issue, and possibly a pastebin of the playercorefactory.xml

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Luke Cage - 2019-02-13

(2019-02-12, 11:07)jmh2002 Wrote: A HUGE THANKS again to @anxdpanic for your continued amazing support of this addon Smile

(2019-02-12, 23:45)siliconhippy Wrote:

+1.

Aside: Is input adaptive v2.3.14 a new one with YouTube plug-in v6.4.0?   
  Don't forget to click that thumb up icon at the left of the appreciated post. It will increase his/her reputation.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anpaza - 2019-02-15

I hate to be one of those "me too" guys, but...
What's the right sequence to enable 4k YouTube videos on Kodi 17.6 on Android?
I'm not ready for 18.0 for a number of reasons not discussed here.
I've installed YouTube plugin version 6.4.0.
I've enabled InputStream Adaptive plugin version 2.0.19 that came with Kodi.
I've installed InputStream Helper, no idea why it's needed.
I've enabled MPEG-DASH in plugin settings, and enabled "always query video quality" to see at which resolution it's going to play.
Still no luck, any 4k video I try to open will propose only 1080p quality.
I'm perplexed by the setting "for MPEG-DASH you need a proxy (HTTP server)". What proxy? What it has to do with an HTTP server which is a quite different beast? Why I need a proxy to play "MPEG-DASH"?
I've looked for info on the webs, but helps like this wvdecrypter README just make things even worse. Do I need it on Android? Where I have to put it, I found no inputstream.mpd.so anywhere on /data?
Do I need a widevine .so library on Android? Tried a prog named "DRM Info" which tells me I have "Widevine CDM" from Google level L3 but "Unprotected". Is that enough to just play 4k youtube videos?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-02-15

Quote:4K videos with InputStream Adaptive >= v2.3.14

InputStream Adaptive >= v2.3.14 isn't available for Krypton. 4K will only work in Kodi 18+

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anpaza - 2019-02-15

(2019-02-15, 02:19)anxdpanic Wrote:
Quote:4K videos with InputStream Adaptive >= v2.3.14
InputStream Adaptive >= v2.3.14 isn't available for Krypton. 4K will only work in Kodi 18+
I've found "4k success stories" on some forums from beginning of 2018 with YouTube plugin 5.5.0 and Kodi 17.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - ozzyman - 2019-02-15

HSN live Stream (Youtube) with mpd method (dash) working perfect on Kodi 17.6 but starting looping inside itself in kodi 18.0 (on kodi 18.0 ts/hls stream is working perfect no loops or whatsoever - on kodi 17.6 hls/ts stream freezing )

Kodi 18 dash working good on other normal videos but I couln't understand why it's not good in this and few other live feeds.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - domrol - 2019-02-16

Hi,

When trying to login it asks for 2 codes. Both from youtube.com/activate. I can enter the first code ok, it being 8 digits. The addon then asks to enter a second code, which is 9 digits which will not fit in the youtube.com/activate box as it is expecting another 8 digit code.

How to fix this problem or how to notify YouTube administrators?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - blueribb - 2019-02-16

(2019-02-16, 12:14)domrol Wrote: Hi,

When trying to login it asks for 2 codes. Both from youtube.com/activate. I can enter the first code ok, it being 8 digits. The addon then asks to enter a second code, which is 9 digits which will not fit in the youtube.com/activate box as it is expecting another 8 digit code.

How to fix this problem or how to notify YouTube administrators?
This question has been asked before. See post #1303, 1304, 1308, 1312, 13330 (page # in top right corner of each post)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-02-16

@ozzyman
Can you provide the video id, so I can check on the live stream with Kodi 18

@domrol
To add to what blueribb has mentioned, a couple users on github also mentioned using https://accounts.google.com/signin/oauth/usercode (instead of youtube.com/activate) works

Thank you very much it works.

You must enter your Code via the URL: https://accounts.google.com/signin/oauth/usercode instead of youtube.com/activate
This input window accepts 8 or 9 character codes: 2 groups of 4 characters separated by "-" or 3 groups of three characters separated by "-".

Wink

Then you have to choose your Google account @mail and validate. Note that this operation must be done in less than 30 seconds, otherwise you will have to start the procedure again from the beginning with a new code ...

Wink