Kodi Community Forum
YouTube Plug-in Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: YouTube Plug-in Thread (/showthread.php?tid=353278)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Spiderfish - 2019-03-23

@anxdpanic  So if if I want to achieve that need a bit-rate switching and this not in inputstream! so How can I solve my issue...actually I tried all ways and sometimes the internet speed is pretty good but with 1920x1080 the video stuttering and sound stopped and hang the picture!

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-03-23

@Spiderfish
Yes, InputStream Adaptive will be required for bitrate switching, but it is currently not available at this time (no ETA).
Currently you only have a few manual options,
1. In the YouTube add-on settings enable 'Settings - General - Always ask for the video quality' and choose what is appropriate for your connection at the time.
2. In the InputStream Adaptive settings set 'Settings - General - Max. Resolution general decoder' to '720p'
3. In the InputStream Adaptive settings set ' Settings - General - Stream Selection' to 'Manual' and choose the quality during playback from the OSD 'Settings - Video Settings - Video stream'

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Spiderfish - 2019-03-23

(2019-03-23, 20:15)anxdpanic Wrote: @Spiderfish
Yes, InputStream Adaptive will be required for bitrate switching, but it is currently not available at this time (no ETA).
1. In the YouTube add-on settings enable 'Settings - General - Always ask for the video quality' and choose what is appropriate for your connection at the time.
2. In the InputStream Adaptive settings set 'Settings - General - Max. Resolution general decoder' to '720p'
3. In the InputStream Adaptive settings set ' Settings - General - Stream Selection' to 'Manual' and choose the quality during playback from the OSD 'Settings - Video Settings - Video stream'
 Thanks for your tips it's mitigate the issue some how better than before  Tongue

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Luke Cage - 2019-03-24

(2019-03-23, 21:03)Spiderfish Wrote:
 Thanks for your tips it's mitigate the issue some how better than before  Tongue
Although those were all mentioned to you earlier, and not deemed worthy enough. >:/
One of them you yourself proposed to another member as a solution to his/her issue.>:/

(2019-03-23, 21:03)Spiderfish Wrote:  Thanks for your tips it's mitigate the issue some how better than before  Tongue

So what was before, and is now better mitigated?: >:/

(2019-03-15, 11:44)Spiderfish Wrote: I noticed that when the internet speed is high the video running smoothly and no issue but when the internet speed is slow then the video start breaking and audio scattering! but how can I prevent this problem even if the internet speed is low...

(2019-03-18, 20:34)Spiderfish Wrote:
(2019-03-15, 13:29)effe.rnr Wrote: .....
I came back to your request and today during troubleshooting my issue I got something will help you with your request, go to settings/general and chose Always ask for the video quality and enable it then every video will ask you for quality and you can choose only audio for what video you want! I think it's fair enough for you  Wink

(2019-03-15, 18:46)anxdpanic Wrote: .....
@Spiderfish
To me it looks connection related from the log, which you seem to have confirmed this already with #1,417. 
Bitrate switching in InputStream Adaptive is not currently implemented, but for now setting 'Max. Resolution general decoder' to 720p may help.

(2019-03-18, 20:50)Spiderfish Wrote: @Luke Cage 
My asking is..I s there any option I can make it working upon internet speed,,,for example if internet speed low then choose 240p and if internet speed high choose 1080p ? I think this will reduce the issue of mine! because I am using 4G connection not fiber and sometimes the internet speed is reduce so can I achieve that with youtube addon?

I tried to enable choose quality enabled then I tried to choose it manually! but I need it automatically upon internet speed provided!
Press the green button for that to happen.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Spiderfish - 2019-03-24

(2019-03-24, 07:59)Luke Cage Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 21:03)Spiderfish Wrote:
Although those were all mentioned to you earlier, and not deemed worthy enough. >:/
One of them you yourself proposed to another member as a solution to his/her issue.>:/
(2019-03-23, 21:03)Spiderfish Wrote:  Thanks for your tips it's mitigate the issue some how better than before  Tongue

So what was before, and is now better mitigated?: >:/
(2019-03-15, 11:44)Spiderfish Wrote: I noticed that when the internet speed is high the video running smoothly and no issue but when the internet speed is slow then the video start breaking and audio scattering! but how can I prevent this problem even if the internet speed is low...
(2019-03-18, 20:34)Spiderfish Wrote:
(2019-03-15, 13:29)effe.rnr Wrote: .....
I came back to your request and today during troubleshooting my issue I got something will help you with your request, go to settings/general and chose Always ask for the video quality and enable it then every video will ask you for quality and you can choose only audio for what video you want! I think it's fair enough for you  Wink 
(2019-03-15, 18:46)anxdpanic Wrote: .....
@Spiderfish
To me it looks connection related from the log, which you seem to have confirmed this already with #1,417. 
Bitrate switching in InputStream Adaptive is not currently implemented, but for now setting 'Max. Resolution general decoder' to 720p may help.
(2019-03-18, 20:50)Spiderfish Wrote: @Luke Cage 
My asking is..I s there any option I can make it working upon internet speed,,,for example if internet speed low then choose 240p and if internet speed high choose 1080p ? I think this will reduce the issue of mine! because I am using 4G connection not fiber and sometimes the internet speed is reduce so can I achieve that with youtube addon?

I tried to enable choose quality enabled then I tried to choose it manually! but I need it automatically upon internet speed provided!
Press the green button for that to happen. 
Yes you are right! but the tips didn't solve my issue but make it better  to manage thats whole!

I am thinking now could be HW related ! 

what do you mean by Green Button?

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - gitman - 2019-03-28

sorry if this has already been asked...

at some point last year, something changed with the youtube add-on or with how my system is setup in that now when i skip forward or skip backward during playback, it takes about 5 seconds for the audio to start playing again. is there a work-around for this?

using latest kodi 17.x on windows, and this started happening prior to the kodi 18 release.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DappereDodo - 2019-03-28

(2019-03-28, 04:09)gitman Wrote: sorry if this has already been asked...

at some point last year, something changed with the youtube add-on or with how my system is setup in that now when i skip forward or skip backward during playback, it takes about 5 seconds for the audio to start playing again. is there a work-around for this?

using latest kodi 17.x on windows, and this started happening prior to the kodi 18 release.

I had the same on 17.6. I played around with MPEG DASH and Inputstream, but never got it right.

I uograded to 18.1 RC1 two weeks ago and the problem is gone (except for an occasional no sound at all, but stopping and restarting a video works). However, 18.1 introduced several other issues (duration disappears for some videos, watched status not always updated, enter key sometimes not working, so unable to open a folder or start a video, to name a few), so I'm not sure you really should upgrade.

Ps: I know I should check these issues, look in the log and post questions here, but I haven't had time look into more detail.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - minesapint - 2019-03-29

Hi, I'm running libreelec on a raspberry pi 3 and have installed the youtube plugin development version 6.4.1-beta2, it all seems to work as expected but I'm not able to view purchased movies, the folder doesn't show in the list of folders no matter whether I enable it or disable it, any other folder that I disable is hidden from the list and any other folder that I enable shows in the list, it is just the purchased folder doesn't show.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-03-31

@DappereDodo 
This should be resolved w/ Kodi 18

@minesapint 
If not already enabled, in the YouTube add-on enable;
Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos
If still an issue please post a complete debug log (wiki)

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - nonob - 2019-03-31

Hi,

I use this adon with my account and personal api key since a long time.

Today i added a user to the addon and created new api key from its own Google account, but :

I'm suprised to see that my api key (from my first acccount) are enabled and displayed in addon settings even after i switched to the second account.

Should i leave my first account api key whatever the account i use with the addon ?

Thanks

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-03-31

@nonob
A single set of personal API keys is all that is supported per Kodi installation. The API quota of a set should be enough for single household requirements, including across multiple installations.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - saxonthebeach - 2019-04-01

Haven't used the add-on in a few months, and when I tried it yesterday I couldn't get any videos to play in quality any better than 360p. Even when selecting ask quality each time, 360p is the only video option to select. I'm on Kodi 17.6.

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - DjDiabolik - 2019-04-01

(2019-04-01, 00:00)saxonthebeach Wrote: Haven't used the add-on in a few months, and when I tried it yesterday I couldn't get any videos to play in quality any better than 360p. Even when selecting ask quality each time, 360p is the only video option to select. I'm on Kodi 17.6.

Have you upgrade you addons from a very old previous version ? Yes ? Try a clean installation.... remove also the folder on "userdata" and remove addons folder before to installation the latest stable (or try the last version from the github repo working at today whitout any problems).

Ah.. whitout any log or similar reported by you. it's impossible to say how appened on your setup............

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - Damnster - 2019-04-03

Hello,

Youtube addon 6.4.0 is not working since one or two days. I have not changed my system (Coreelec 9.0.1 running Kodi 18.1).

Log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/umucurojuv.kodi

RE: YouTube Plug-in Thread - anxdpanic - 2019-04-03

@saxonthebeach
Enable and configure MPEG-DASH (in the YouTube add-on settings) and InputStream Adaptive, if that doesn't resolve the issue provide a complete debug log (wiki)

@Damnster
Your login information has been corrupted somehow 
Execute 'Settings - Maintenance - Delete access_manager.json'
or
Manually delete userdata (wiki)\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube\access_manager.json