Kodi Community Forum
Release Disney+ - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Disney+ (/showthread.php?tid=353316)

RE: Disney+ Add-on - R.O.H.3000 - 2020-12-11

(2020-12-11, 01:17)Reckoner89 Wrote: Can anyone explain in more detail how to add content to my personal library via .strm files similar to the Netflix addon?

You create a text file with this content:

plugin://slyguy.disney.plus/?_=play&_play=1&content_id=xxx

whereas xxx stands for the unique video id shown in the address bar when you watch content through the Disney webpage. 

Save this as a .strm instead of a .txt file and give it a name that imdb, etc. ... will recognize when scanning into the library.

RE: Disney+ Add-on - matthuisman - 2020-12-11

Looks like Hulu content being introduced into Disney+ as "Star" (at no extra cost)
Quote:Star, Disney’s international answer to Hulu, will roll out in certain European countries, Canada, and New Zealand beginning on February 23rd
https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/22165950/disney-star-streaming-service-hotstar-international-movies-tv

RE: Disney+ Add-on - Reckoner89 - 2020-12-11

(2020-12-11, 02:08)3000 Wrote:
(2020-12-11, 01:17)Reckoner89 Wrote: Can anyone explain in more detail how to add content to my personal library via .strm files similar to the Netflix addon?

You create a text file with this content:

plugin://slyguy.disney.plus/?_=play&_play=1&content_id=xxx

whereas xxx stands for the unique video id shown in the address bar when you watch content through the Disney webpage. 

Save this as a .strm instead of a .txt file and give it a name that imdb, etc. ... will recognize when scanning into the library.
Got it. Thanks!

Given how simple it is to do this manually, shouldn't it be fairly easy to integrate an add to library feature like the Netflix addon has? Doing this manually was easy and didn't take too long for something like the Mandalorian but if I wanted to do it for the clone wars which has over 100+ episodes it would not be worth the effort.

RE: Disney+ Add-on - a4c8 - 2020-12-12

(2020-10-20, 05:24)matthuisman Wrote: ok, 0.4.6 just pushed that adds a few new settings under Playback.

• Audio Allow List: Comma separated list of ISO 639-1 audio languages to keep  eg. en,de,fr (empty = all)
  • Subtitle Allow List: Comma separated list of ISO 639-1 subtitle languages to keep eg. en,de,fr (empty = all)
  • Include Forced Subs: When enabled, forced sub tracks are included
  • Include Non-Forced Subs: When enabled, non-forced sub tracks are included
  • Include Audio Description Tracks: When enabled, audio description audio tracks are included

This should hopefully allow Kodi 18 users to reduce the track count to fix subs etc.
It does no fancy checking, just removes any m3u8 lines that don't match the above criteria.
So, if you do it wrong - you could end up with no audio or subs.

I don't know what's going on, but the addon somehow doesn't detect the kodi language which is set to 'de' in my case.
I can force it by setting 'subtitle allow list', but I really don't know what happens if 'de' isn't available. And...I still need to disable subs on every single video I play.
How can I fix this?

RE: Disney+ Add-on - matthuisman - 2020-12-13

@a4c8
The allow lists simply reduce the list of options to Kodi - it has no affect on whats selected by default

Try these settings inside Kodi - they tell what the Kodi player should select by default when playing back content

Settings > Player > Language > Prefer Audio Language
Settings > Player > Language > Prefer Subtitle Language

RE: Disney+ Add-on - dcalache - 2020-12-13

(2020-10-20, 13:21)gus92 Wrote: It works great!  Smile

However I found a little problem. If I add to the language filter "es" that includes the Spanish from Spain tracks but the Spanish from Latin America (es-419) tracks are missing. I can fix the problem just by adding "es-419" to the language filter, however I find more logic that "es" would match both. I guess the same problem would happen with other languages (like fr and fr-CA).

Same problem here but with Brazilian Portuguese. I can't find out the code. "pt-br" won't work.

If anyone would help, I appreciate it.

Anyway, great addon, great work!

RE: Disney+ Add-on - matthuisman - 2020-12-13

@dcalache @gus92

Just pushed update to Slyguy common which should sort it out.
It now checks if the language in the playlist starts with what is in the audio / subs whitelist.
Its case-insensitive so don't need to worry about capitals.

So, if you use "es" it will match "es" "es-ES" and "es-419"
I tested "pt-br" with "we brought a zoo" and that now also works.
You can use "pt-br" or "pt"

Remember, not all Disney content has all the languages available.

RE: Disney+ Add-on - dontknow.cris - 2020-12-14

(2020-12-05, 22:03)matthuisman Wrote: Oh, so with HDR disabled you dont get 4k streams? Actually, that may be correct. Think the HDR works with non-hdr Tv as well. can you confirm that?

hi matthuisma, thanks for your work with this add on
I have a request: i'm using a fire tv stick 4k with a samsung tv that has such an orrible tone mapping when hdr is enable and the fire stick, unlike the nvidia shield, does not have the option to disable hdr at the system level, can you please add an option to disable hdr10 as well as the option for dolby vision?

to bypass the hdr problem I have to disable 4k, but by doing this the video for some strange reason has noticeable jerks every 2 seconds

RE: Disney+ Add-on - matthuisman - 2020-12-14

@dontknow.cris 

Just pushed 0.5.1 which adds back in the setting to enable / disable HDR10
Note: Without this, Disney only returns 1080p max quality streams

The HDR10 streams are actually backwards compatible with non-hdr displays (why I removed the setting in the 1st place)
However, your edge case is that the display is HDR compatible but HDR doesn't work correctly.

(2020-12-14, 22:09)matthuisman Wrote: @dontknow.cris 

Just pushed 0.5.1 which adds back in the setting to enable / disable HDR10
Note: Without this, Disney only returns 1080p max quality streams

The HDR10 streams are actually backwards compatible with non-hdr displays (why I removed the setting in the 1st place)
However, your edge case is that the display is HDR compatible but HDR doesn't work correctly.
hey man, thanks for reply
ya i know that hdr problem with my samsung tv, but that said i would report that on fire tv stick 4k, with 1080p, video is stuttering. instead, with xiaomi mibox 3, playback is smooth

can you check if there's some ram or cache problem with the fire tv stick 4k?

RE: Disney+ Add-on - matthuisman - 2020-12-14

i dont have a firestick sorry

(2020-12-14, 22:43)matthuisman Wrote: i dont have a firestick sorry

no problem
at the end i solved using matrix beta 2 and using 3:2 pulldown refresh rate instead of using 1:1. i don't know why, but only with your addon video is stuttering on firestick 4k with 23.974fps (with xiaomi mibox 3 there are no problems, maybe is just the low memory on firestick)

RE: Disney+ Add-on - dcalache - 2020-12-15

(2020-12-13, 23:02)matthuisman Wrote: @dcalache @gus92

Just pushed update to Slyguy common which should sort it out.
It now checks if the language in the playlist starts with what is in the audio / subs whitelist.
Its case-insensitive so don't need to worry about capitals.

So, if you use "es" it will match "es" "es-ES" and "es-419"
I tested "pt-br" with "we brought a zoo" and that now also works.
You can use "pt-br" or "pt"

Remember, not all Disney content has all the languages available.

Thank you! And again, great work!

RE: Disney+ Add-on - gio7 - 2020-12-18

matthuisman Thanks for your effort!
using Nvidia shield tv 2017...
installed your add-on (0.5.1) ..when I check the HDR/1080p and atmos setting ,I get only audio (dolby atmos) with no picture...I tried all different options in playback quality with no success..when I uncheck HDR/1080p,i get both picture (not HDR) and sound (PCM)..
disney+ app downloaded from play store in shield plays both picture (HDR) and atmos...
Above tests with Mulan...