Kodi Community Forum
Release Disney+ - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Disney+ (/showthread.php?tid=353316)

RE: Disney+ - Reckoner89 - 2021-02-06

(2021-02-06, 01:58)matthuisman Wrote: @Reckoner89
Only solution currently is to reduce the playback quality

Yeah I was afraid of that. Was hoping it was some known issue maybe that could be addressed. I guess I'll just use the official app.

RE: Disney+ - Benj0B - 2021-02-17

Hello,

I have a Raspberry Pi4, on which I installed Lineage 17.1, as well as the Gapps. It is configured as any "Android TV".

Via the PlayStore, I installed the Kodi app, then followed your recommendations for the Disney + extension.

Thank you very much for this work !

I can navigate through the videos, logging into my account, however when I launch a video, I only have sound, and no video ...

Maybe a codec problem?
Could someone enlighten me to find a solution?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Benj0B

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-02-17

@Benj0B
Most likely DRM issue..
Install the android DRM info app and see what that says.
It definitely won't be l1 secure so make sure thats disabled in add-on settings.

Also, do other android apps using DRM work?
Eg Netflix, HBO Max etc

RE: Disney+ - PaoloGB - 2021-02-19

Hi,
first of all, thanks for this plugin.
It has been working great for me until two days ago when I started having a strange issue.

I run Kodi on a Rpi4 (raspbian) connected via HDMI to a TV. The TV optical audio out goes into a home theater.
Occasionally I use a VPN (nordvpn) to watch programs in different languages.
To do this, I would start a program, go to the audio settings and change the audio channel from English to the new language. Until two days ago, for each language there were two different entries in the list, one AAC (or something similar, apologies but I cannot recall what it was) the other DD+.
I always picked the first one and had no issue.
Now the only available options are all DD+, so for instance I get
DD+ English (6 channels)
DD+ French (2 channels)
DD+ Ita (2 channels)
DD+ German (6 channels)

Now, the strange issue I have is that anything with 6 channels works but the 2 channels one have no sound at all.
As I say, until recently this was not an issue because I could always pick the "AAC" option, which worked fine but since those are gone I cannot figure out how to have sound from the DD+ 2 channels one.

I tried enabling and disabling the passthrough (all of them).
In the Kodi audio options the output device is set to HDMI - P (I imagine for pulse audio?)
Number of channels 2 (I tried to change this with no results)

As far as I can see, this seems to only occur with the Disney+ programs.

I would really appreciate any help to understand this issue.

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-02-20

Its a kodi 18 issue where number of streams kodi can handle is limited.

It all depends on the order they come in. So I suspect Disney changed order a bit so kodi is 'cutting them off'.

19 dosnt have the issue and should show all streams.

For 18, you can limit the streams by following the below: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353316&pid=2983270#pid2983270

RE: Disney+ - PaoloGB - 2021-02-20

(2021-02-20, 00:14)matthuisman Wrote: Its a kodi 18 issue where number of streams kodi can handle is limited.

It all depends on the order they come in. So I suspect Disney changed order a bit so kodi is 'cutting them off'.

For 18, you can limit the streams by following the below: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353316&pid=2983270#pid2983270
Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
I tried to limit the number of streams in "Audio Allow List", leaving only "eng" and "ita", but the issue is still there.
Trying to figure out the problem, I have opened various Disney+ programs and the result is the following: if the audio stream is listed as "6 channels", the sound is fine. If it says "2 channels" there is no sound, no matter what language is chosen.
I have attached 3 screenshots that hopefully clarify what I mean (apologies for the poor quality).
Sadly this means that now some programs have no sound even when sticking to english, even with the VPN disabled.

RE: Disney+ - PaoloGB - 2021-02-20

Boy, that is some mess of formatting.
Sorry about that, there seem to be no option to edit my message.
Confused

RE: Disney+ - Klojum - 2021-02-20

(2021-02-20, 16:07)PaoloGB Wrote: Sorry about that, there seem to be no option to edit my message.

Not yet, this is part of our anti-spam measures no our forum.
After a number of posts and bit of time, you'll have full edit capabilities.

RE: Disney+ - Benj0B - 2021-02-21

(2021-02-17, 20:11)matthuisman Wrote: @Benj0B
Most likely DRM issue..
Install the android DRM info app and see what that says.
It definitely won't be l1 secure so make sure thats disabled in add-on settings.

Also, do other android apps using DRM work?
Eg Netflix, HBO Max etc
Hello Matthuisman,

Thank you for your help.
I installed the DRM Info application, I am in Widevine level 3.
Even by disabling / enabling the Widevine l1 secure in add-on settings option, it still doesn't work.

I have tested other android apps using DRM, it works fine.

I don't understand where this problem can come from ...
Is it possible to pass the secure level Widevine to level 1?

RE: Disney+ - Publish3r - 2021-02-21

Hello.

On Kodi 19 i can't open Disney and Pluto TV.
Both addons gives me an error popup on Windows 10. It's on both addons the same error, only the line is different.

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-02-21

@Publish3r 
Looks like your SlyGuy Common is out of date. Should be 0.21.2

@PaoloGB
I can't replicate. 2ch audio works fine for me.
Is is your Kodi audio settings maybe?

@Benj0B
I meant in Kodi. Other drm add-ons.

RE: Disney+ - PaoloGB - 2021-02-21

(2021-02-20, 16:05)PaoloGB Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 00:14)matthuisman Wrote: Its a kodi 18 issue where number of streams kodi can handle is limited.

Hi,
Thank you for the reply.
I tried to limit the number of streams in "Audio Allow List", leaving only "eng" and "ita", but the issue is still there.
Trying to figure out the problem, I have opened various Disney+ programs and the result is the following: if the audio stream is listed as "6 channels", the sound is fine. If it says "2 channels" there is no sound, no matter what language is chosen.
I have attached 3 screenshots that hopefully clarify what I mean (apologies for the poor quality).
Sadly this means that now some programs have no sound even when sticking to english, even with the VPN disabled.

@matthuisman 
Hi, sorry to nag you but is there any chance you could help with this issue?
I tried your suggestion but it did not help. If you have other ideas on how to have the audio when the track is DD+ (2 channels) I would appreciate it.

Many thanks.

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-02-21

@PaoloGB
dont bump. I just replied to you.
Get me a debug log - it may help

RE: Disney+ - Atreyu - 2021-02-23

Star has been added to D+.

Activated in my account, expecting to find it under 'Hubs' in the addon. The category now returns 'no items'.

RE: Disney+ - matthuisman - 2021-02-23

all the Star content is there just hubs is broken.
You can access the same thing via Featured > Brands.

Will fix hubs shortly

UPDATE:
Just pushed 0.5.9 that fixes Hubs
(featured > brands now removed)